ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.05

Well, I'm getting well and truly fucked off with this game.  Balancing is way way way off and all the devs do is put in things that are not wanted at the moment.  I'm not interested in new cars and maps.  Just had my character died due to opening a door with a fence with barbed wire?  Didn't mind being knocked out, but being kicked of the server then having a fresh character when all I was was knocked out was a bit of a pain in the arse, but on my return to my body I get cholera from 3 sips from a stream then losing all my food and water from vomiting was the last straw.  Ok, I cant gain food and water, but loosing what is in my body is shit and not real.  Sorry BUT SORT YOUR GAME OUT DEVS.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

We have a new Stable update going live, bringing over yesterdays tweaks from the Experimental branch. The header post has been updated!

GAME Update 1.05.152551 (02.10.2019)

FIXED

• Fixed: Crafting ghillie attachments left tiny amounts of Burlap Strips
  • Fixed: Swapping heavy items while being crouched would lead to an unwanted state of the animations

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Decreased bleeding rate from wounds
  • Removed: News feed panel from the main menu

MODDING

• Changed: The memory allocation of the script modules has been increased to help the game supporting more mods
  • Fixed: An issue when too many script classes were loaded from a single script module. The system has been reworked to support up to 65k classes (was 4k) 
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

And still the bases are unbalanced... you can break one wall in 2.4 minutes nice useless update 😄

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

We have a new Stable update going live, bringing over yesterdays tweaks from the Experimental branch. The header post has been updated!

FIXED

• Fixed: Swapping heavy items while being crouched would lead to an unwanted state of the animations

TWEAKED

MODDING

• Changed: The memory allocation of the script modules has been increased to help the game supporting more mods
  • Fixed: An issue when too many script classes were loaded from a single script module. The system has been reworked to support up to 65k classes (was 4k) 

Can you please elaborate on the memory allocation and script classes issue? How does this affect mods and in what way? Will this help with the issue with large amounts of additional custom actions or recipes?

Also: my server is showing 1.05.152553, not 1.05.152551

Edited by Aussie Cleetus

Why would you mess with that blood loss.. It was actually really nice for once. Finally to be able to cut someone once with a knife and run away till they bleed out in a few min. Now where back to players getting shot and stabbed and being able to run across the map bleeding with no consequences. I swear , every time they make this game a little bit harder , they backtrack and toss out the pacifiers and life jackets to the crowd.

• Like 3
  • Beans 2

get some freekin time in you winghing bamabis....if you aint use to this and enjoy what there is already.....then i suggest...pubg.....simple stuff for simple folk....go do something that is easy......

The game becomes more and more arcade with each patch. Blood loss has decreased, damage have become toy. Gentlemen developers, let me ask you, do you want to kill the game after its recent revival?

I think the game is great as it is. I only have one complaint regarding the ease with which the bases are rooted. I spent a lot of hours looting military bases, looking for helicrashes, killing armed players and looking for materials for my base. So that in the blink of an eye everything was stolen. At the moment I retire from DayZ. I love this game but it can not be so easy to break bases and waste so much time invested and do not tell me to go to the servers mod because there is no survival. The real survival is in the official servers. Except for the detail of the bases. Good morning everyone!

Edited by _Diegoski
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, hellway13 said:

And still the bases are unbalanced... you can break one wall in 2.4 minutes nice useless update 😄

Far from a useless update -- The fix regarding mod restrictions will do a lot for servers. It crippled many community servers when 1.05 first launched. 

Why are people so frustrated over base raid issues? There are dozens and dozens of community servers that have base raiding disabled or extended the raid time. That's what mods are for -- to curb and cater the experience to certain player types. Yes, it feels limited in the base game. So why don't you boot up DZSA launcher and find a no base raid server?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

FIXED

TWEAKED

MODDING

I don’t know what to say about... in my opinion bleeding was fine, that people be really scare to be hurt is real. Any way the thing that I can not understand is the priority about the hotfix, this changes are really unnecessary. The necessary hotfix is for the problem looting weapons from death bodies, the bug with the reloading weapons and it will be nice that landmines  work again and the noise of knives

Edited by kampa120

1 hour ago, Will Sarris said:

Far from a useless update -- The fix regarding mod restrictions will do a lot for servers. It crippled many community servers when 1.05 first launched. 

Why are people so frustrated over base raid issues? There are dozens and dozens of community servers that have base raiding disabled or extended the raid time. That's what mods are for -- to curb and cater the experience to certain player types. Yes, it feels limited in the base game. So why don't you boot up DZSA launcher and find a no base raid server?

Because you are a new player.. i buy this game in 2013.. i know all about this game. And no is not excuse playing on community server.. this game has to be more good than a community server.. if you want just pvp go and play pubg.. This game is a survival, need bows arrows, bikes and if you put a base you have to do fine or just delete bases and all about that.. its like new update new car, but the cars still flying. But is waste of time explain all about this game to new players.. When the community players has better modders (devs) who can fix a lot sh*t of this crap game, is really sad.. The modders are better developers than original developers lol.

19 minutes ago, hellway13 said:

…  and if you put a base you have to do fine or just delete bases and all about that.. 

But what do you expect? Bases are wood against bullets, axes and saws. Of course it is possible to break through that and quite easily. The base must be defended in order to be effective. Otherwise it's just another place to loot, same as rest of Chernarus. Building a base does not mean you now have magically untouchable place that no one can get into. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Can we get a hotfix for the bugged sound of knives? At least disable it until it's fixed?

I sneak through a town, pull out the knife - and *click*, just announced myself... really annoying.

4 hours ago, LoveAffair said:

Why would you mess with that blood loss.. It was actually really nice for once. Finally to be able to cut someone once with a knife and run away till they bleed out in a few min. Now where back to players getting shot and stabbed and being able to run across the map bleeding with no consequences. I swear , every time they make this game a little bit harder , they backtrack and toss out the pacifiers and life jackets to the crowd.

I think it's a good thing. It was waaaay too much. You barely had any time to bandage 2 wounds. And I'm not talking about gunshot wounds.

• Beans 2

4 hours ago, Riki68 said:

The game becomes more and more arcade with each patch. Blood loss has decreased, damage have become toy. Gentlemen developers, let me ask you, do you want to kill the game after its recent revival?

Come on... the game became much more 'hardcore' with the 1.05 patch. Besides, I want DayZ to be hardcore and even I acknowledged that the bleeding rate was too much when having multiple wounds. Additionally, please test it on experimental first before yelling something that is not even remotely true, like some others are doing as well. The bleeding rate is still pretty fast... you can't even run to the next town when having three cuts.

Lastly, in 1.06 the bleeding rate will go back to the earlier 1.05 rate. They will add differences in bandage time between different types of bandages and also add a blood pressure modifier. So we will see how that enhance the gameplay.

Edited by amadieus

1 hour ago, William Sternritter said:

But what do you expect? Bases are wood against bullets, axes and saws. Of course it is possible to break through that and quite easily. The base must be defended in order to be effective. Otherwise it's just another place to loot, same as rest of Chernarus. Building a base does not mean you now have magically untouchable place that no one can get into. 

Gameplay is much more important than realism in this case. Of course bases should be raidable, but it should be a time sink. Not how it currently is, with some fresh spawn in his hoodie using just a hatchet to break in and steal all your loot. 

• Beans 1

Feedback:  3 short Videos of very annoying, long lasting Dayz Problems

a. Dayz - Gun Animation Bug when switching 2-handed rifles with hotkeys

b. Bullet damage is way too weak (i know i didnt hit every single shot) + no inertia, people can zigzag and speed up like crazy + People almost never go unconsious.

c. You can block a knive attack with your arms, without taking damage or bleeding

d. No video:  Since 1.05 you very often cannot loot dead people, and even more often cannot take their gun out of their hands. Often bodies glitch into walls/textures and are not accessible

Edited by krazikilla
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Will Sarris said:

Are you saying server can run a admin mod and the client can join without needing to have the mod in order to join? That right there would bring a fair amount of players back to broaden their server list they play on, most stopped playing because they didnt want to join servers with mods they have to add etc,... and its not a case of it being hard to add mods they just dont want to play with mods.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

40 minutes ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Are you saying server can run a admin mod and the client can join without needing to have the mod in order to join? That right there would bring a fair amount of players back to broaden their server list they play on, most stopped playing because they didnt want to join servers with mods they have to add etc,... and its not a case of it being hard to add mods they just dont want to play with mods.

That change allows for bigger mods... EXPANSION mod dev said that this is actually a really needed change for Expansion mod.. He was hyped af... So it has more to do with the size of the mods and scripts 

18 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

I know its just a small thing, but could you please correct the version number in every post including the Exp Thread, not just on the first page? Things like that are making it hard to give correct information to our community and are raising unnessessary questions. Thanks.

10 hours ago, amadieus said:

Gameplay is much more important than realism in this case. Of course bases should be raidable, but it should be a time sink. Not how it currently is, with some fresh spawn in his hoodie using just a hatchet to break in and steal all your loot. 

You already have a lot of gameplay involved in all the crafting and construction, when you cut down a large tree in 10 seconds, you assemble a structure in the inventory instead of hammering each nail individually and so on. As far as base raiding goes, I'm pissed I can't just shoot a lock or climb over the wall. Because that is exactly what anyone would immediately do, instead of chopping the fence for a few minutes. So the bases have more than enough gameplay protection as it is. Because even if it would take 10 minutes to make a hole in the fence or whatever, if you're not there to defend your base it will still get looted. If you really have that many valuables inside, defend it, set traps and whatnot. Also, thank you for hoarding stuff in one place, it's always a pleasure to avoid high traffic/high risk areas and get geared at the same time.  

• Like 1