lanejf

Gun Spawns

The game is spawning little to no top tier assault rifles. Have been to NWAF, Green Mountain and the military base east of tizy multiple times. Not saying they should be common, but if I make the trip to NWAF multiple times I expect a decent gun not just a sk. (I've found some but like the rarity just seems unjustified)

Edited by lanejf
Gg
  • Beans 1

Not sure if duping is still possible on Xbox but I know on the PC version, they made top-tier guns like AK's, M4's count in player storage as well. So if there is a maximum of 10 AK's allowed and players have stored 10 AK's away, none of them are going to spawn.

Our server has been running for 1,5 month now and multiple people have visited multiple military bases and none have found assault rifles lately. It's because they all have been stored away in storage of players.

My guess is, is that the developers want to prevent everyone running around with these guns. This does in theory work but it isn't very pracitcal. Usually guns in storage are laying there rotting away and no new players nor old players on the server can't find any now. I think the CLE needs a big overhaul because it has some gamebreaking flaws like this one.

My 2 cents is that it’s just poor luck/timing.  I found an AKM and an AK74 just last night in the same military base.   I haven’t found any M4’s since earlier this week and I gave that one away to a couple strangers I met.  

Immediately after the update the good stuff was everywhere but it’s noticeably tapered off now.   Good luck and keep trying.  

I guess another thing to note is that I did find a couple guys doing something pretty sketchy.  Must have been trying to dupe or otherwise exploit the game.   They ambushed me and I killed one.  The other one ran away after being hit 3 times. 

They had removed every piece of gear from every tent or building.  And were in the middle of the next step I assume when I accidentally interrupted them.   Could be why you’re having a hard time finding good stuff.  

7 hours ago, lanejf said:

The game is spawning little to no top tier assault rifles. Have been to NWAF, Green Mountain and the military base east of tizy multiple times. Not saying they should be common, but if I make the trip to NWAF multiple times I expect a decent gun not just a sk. (I've found some but like the rarity just seems unjustified)

Find dupers and steal there shit. Then take everything they own and toss it into a fire barrel and destroy it. And for good measure kill them when they come back. And for the cherry on top, I usually leave a teddy bear with there own human meat buried where they died

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, IMT said:

Not sure if duping is still possible on Xbox but I know on the PC version, they made top-tier guns like AK's, M4's count in player storage as well. So if there is a maximum of 10 AK's allowed and players have stored 10 AK's away, none of them are going to spawn.

Our server has been running for 1,5 month now and multiple people have visited multiple military bases and none have found assault rifles lately. It's because they all have been stored away in storage of players.

My guess is, is that the developers want to prevent everyone running around with these guns. This does in theory work but it isn't very pracitcal. Usually guns in storage are laying there rotting away and no new players nor old players on the server can't find any now. I think the CLE needs a big overhaul because it has some gamebreaking flaws like this 

Yeah what a dumb system. Having guns in barrels should have no relationship to the weapon spawn system. It makes the game feel very bland due to the lack of variety

12 hours ago, Oh Long Johnson said:

My 2 cents is that it’s just poor luck/timing.  I found an AKM and an AK74 just last night in the same military base.   I haven’t found any M4’s since earlier this week and I gave that one away to a couple strangers I met.  

Immediately after the update the good stuff was everywhere but it’s noticeably tapered off now.   Good luck and keep trying.  

Poor luck.... Read the post six plus times going to NWAF and other bases that's not luck related it's game flaw related. I have enough time searching any reasonable human would expect something more than a sk for that much time and effort. Not to mention the server I'm on isn't even that populated

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IMT said:

My guess is, is that the developers want to prevent everyone running around with these guns. This does in theory work but it isn't very pracitcal. Usually guns in storage are laying there rotting away and no new players nor old players on the server can't find any now. I think the CLE needs a big overhaul because it has some gamebreaking flaws like this one.

BI did the exact opposite of that, during the days if mass duping and god tents that was the case, and that also caused major lag spikes. No it’s the opp, buried stashes don’t count towards active item counts in-play on that server.

10 hours ago, RussianReavers said:

BI did the exact opposite of that, during the days if mass duping and god tents that was the case, and that also caused major lag spikes. No it’s the opp, buried stashes don’t count towards active item counts in-play on that server.

It is NOT the exact opposite. This is from the OFFICIAL types.xml of a DayZ Stable server:

<type name="AK74">
        <nominal>10</nominal>
        <lifetime>10800</lifetime>
        <restock>1800</restock>
        <min>5</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="1" count_in_hoarder="1" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
        <category name="weapons"/>
        <usage name="Military"/>
        <value name="Tier2"/>
        <value name="Tier3"/>
        <value name="Tier4"/>
    </type>

As you can see: count_in_cargo = 1 (I think these are cars), count_in_hoarder = 1 (these are player camps), count_in_map = 1 (general loot)

Edited by IMT
  • Beans 1

Well I’m surprised because they stated in the recent past, when BI was trying to correct duping/server hopping that either one of the hot fixes or the 1.04 patch was going to make buried/hoarded inventory not count towards spawning/active player carried server counts.

I found 2 Tundras in less than an 1hr on same server a couple days ago.

On 8/18/2019 at 8:30 PM, lanejf said:

Poor luck.... Read the post six plus times going to NWAF and other bases that's not luck related it's game flaw related. I have enough time searching any reasonable human would expect something more than a sk for that much time and effort. Not to mention the server I'm on isn't even that populated

I did read your post and my point still stands.  I ran into two guys at Troitskoe Mil base.  I had JUST looted an M4 off the ground in a barracks when I heard their footsteps.  We talked and ended up playing together.  I noticed they were only running SKS rifles and asked if they had any higher tier guns.  They did not.  So I gave them the M4 I had found.  

My point is it’s entirely plausible for you to be just barely missing a gun.  If those guys had checked that building 30 seconds before I did, they’d have found the gun and not me.  Similarly, I have looted multiple military bases, multiple times in a day on my server and found no weapons at all.   Other days I find more.  

I dont believe the loot economy is anywhere near as bad as it was.  If we ever meet up.  I’ll gladly gift you one of mine. Good luck out there.  

On 8/18/2019 at 10:39 AM, Oh Long Johnson said:

I guess another thing to note is that I did find a couple guys doing something pretty sketchy.  Must have been trying to dupe or otherwise exploit the game.   They ambushed me and I killed one.  The other one ran away after being hit 3 times. 

They had removed every piece of gear from every tent or building.  And were in the middle of the next step I assume when I accidentally interrupted them.   Could be why you’re having a hard time finding good stuff.  

Lol they were not doing anything "sketchy" they were removing everything from tents and buildings to get the loot spawns clear so more would spawn in... sense you cant spawn hop and farm the same place over and over you now have to clear spawn points for different loot to spawn. That's been a thing people have done sense day 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oh Long Johnson said:

I did read your post and my point still stands.  I ran into two guys at Troitskoe Mil base.  I had JUST looted an M4 off the ground in a barracks when I heard their footsteps.  We talked and ended up playing together.  I noticed they were only running SKS rifles and asked if they had any higher tier guns.  They did not.  So I gave them the M4 I had found.  

My point is it’s entirely plausible for you to be just barely missing a gun.  If those guys had checked that building 30 seconds before I did, they’d have found the gun and not me.  Similarly, I have looted multiple military bases, multiple times in a day on my server and found no weapons at all.   Other days I find more.  

I dont believe the loot economy is anywhere near as bad as it was.  If we ever meet up.  I’ll gladly gift you one of mine. Good luck out there.  

"One of mine" so you're the person hording all the guns 😭😂 what server you on? I'm either gonna meet you and take your gun or you're going to willingly gift me it 🤣

I checked through Tisy 4 times (all of it) in the last 3 days, and I found _zero_ guns of any kind.
Lots of clothing, vests (plate carrier and tactical), helmets, ammo and mags - but _no_ guns of any kind.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 11:04 PM, TahoeBeast said:

Lol they were not doing anything "sketchy" they were removing everything from tents and buildings to get the loot spawns clear so more would spawn in... sense you cant spawn hop and farm the same place over and over you now have to clear spawn points for different loot to spawn. That's been a thing people have done sense day 1.

Loot cycling, its actually very efficient, not to mention it doesnt really ruin the economy as much as duping does 

4 hours ago, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

Yeah and i also find it hard to believe that if player stash weapons that they count, i found 3 m4s, 4 ak 74s, 2 ak 101s, and an akm, all within about a day and a half of looting nwaf

Private server or? Cos I find this very hard to belive. I've been playing almost every night after work and all weekend every weekend since 1.04 dropped and haven't found one single AR and I've tried many servers. Found loads of SMG and bolt action and semi auto rifles and snipers and pistols and shottys, always have a gun and always get very well geared but still yet to find a single M4, AKM or any new AR. 

16 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

I checked through Tisy 4 times (all of it) in the last 3 days, and I found _zero_ guns of any kind.
Lots of clothing, vests (plate carrier and tactical), helmets, ammo and mags - but _no_ guns of any kind.

what server?

41 minutes ago, AndrzejHook said:

what server?

Public server, EU.

Low-pop during down-time, high-pop in evenings and weekends.

16 hours ago, CarlTheGooner said:

Private server or? Cos I find this very hard to belive. I've been playing almost every night after work and all weekend every weekend since 1.04 dropped and haven't found one single AR and I've tried many servers. Found loads of SMG and bolt action and semi auto rifles and snipers and pistols and shottys, always have a gun and always get very well geared but still yet to find a single M4, AKM or any new AR. 

On a private, but yeah, its definitely 100% fact

On 8/19/2019 at 9:56 PM, Oh Long Johnson said:

This ^ im finding lots of guns, the other day i found 2 m4s in a bathroom, minutes after leaving the barracks i saw 2 guys run into that building to loot from another i was in, a few minutes later and those 2 m4s wouldve been theirs

Edited by Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig

22 hours ago, CarlTheGooner said:

AR's are ment to.be rare. Best place to find a thing good is helicopter crashes.

6 hours ago, TahoeBeast said:

AR's are ment to.be rare. Best place to find a thing good is helicopter crashes.

I found a helicopter crash the other day with nothing at it exceptzombies