bent.toe

I would like to encourage you to play 1st person.

Hi guys, 

My first 400 hours in this game I played 3rd person but i slowly started to move over to low/empty 1st person servers. 

It took some time getting used to and it was a bit scary at first. I started to watch YT streamers like therunningmanz, happybombs and the likes to see how they approached the game in 1st person. 

The game gets so much bigger in a sense. You can't see a lot of your surroundings, you can't look over walls, you can't peek out windows from an odd angle. When you run around in 3rd person you see much more and feel less vurnable, you stop being cautious. 

You feel more detached from your character in 3rd person especially with a camera set that high and behind you. 

You might feel a disadvantage in 1st person at first because you can't see very much... it's the same for everyone on that server. You will learn that looting and combat is much more fluid and easier in 1st person. It all feels more natural after a few hours. 

I "forced" 2 friends to start playing the game again with promises of 1.04 soon and how much more fun it is playing in 1st person... and they agree with me now, not the first sessions, but now they do. 

For the last 200+ hours i been a 1st person guy. I will never go back to 3rd person. 

If you feel bored or don’t really know what to do or go next time you start up dayz, try to log in to a 1st person server and play for the entire session. It's both scary and exciting at the same time. 

Hope to see ya on the 1st person servers soon. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Ill second that!

First person is just so much more immersive, and it also lowers the risk of jerks sitting with a duped rifle in total cover, using the 3rd person camera to look around and then stand up and take the shot when there is a chance and then being proud of himself for killing a Bambi that was standing still.

If you want to snipe in first person, you actually have to put yourself out there to see what is going on - its way more tense and way more fun.

I used to only play 3rd person but switched. Even in first/third servers I switch to first for combat. But sometimes I just like being able to look at my character 😝 my gear ECT

It was because I was on a first person server and met the two I play with now. Now I prefer it but you know... That sweet setup you have, clothing bandana ECT

Edited by Flyingpapaya

I got this game a few days ago but I already agree 100%! It’s way more realistic and intense playing 1st person. Too bad nobody can be trusted tho I like to survive and explore with others but I keep getting backstabbed, literally in this case 😅 

2 hours ago, Flyingpapaya said:

I used to only play 3rd person but switched. Even in first/third servers I switch to first for combat. But sometimes I just like being able to look at my character 😝 my gear ECT

It was because I was on a first person server and met the two I play with now. Now I prefer it but you know... That sweet setup you have, clothing bandana ECT

Never get attached to your gear. 

Besides it does not matter in 1st person, that's the beauty of it. The only thing i repair are my vest and helmet. Clothes.. Pfft. 

1 hour ago, Noobhug said:

I got this game a few days ago but I already agree 100%! It’s way more realistic and intense playing 1st person. Too bad nobody can be trusted tho I like to survive and explore with others but I keep getting backstabbed, literally in this case 😅 

That’s why i only play with real life friends. 

I switched to playing 1st person exclusively and it definitely makes the game a lot better, people play more cautiously and it puts everyone on an even playing field. The duping and glitching is much less rampant on 1pp servers as well, it’s stil there some places, it’s just much more rare to see

Hi, 

i having started to play with 1st person too but switch to 3rd when on the bigger towns/city’s because of the lag.

1st person definitely gives the game more depth I think especially when your hiking around the map,

DonnyDanger78

On 6/27/2019 at 8:52 PM, bent.toe said:

That’s why i only play with real life friends. 

I wish I had some who played DayZ or even Xbox. They’re mostly on gaystation 4 and so I’m actually looking for a first person server with survivors/role-players. Anyone interested in this as well or already joined one...? 😌

26 minutes ago, Noobhug said:

I wish I had some who played DayZ or even Xbox. They’re mostly on gaystation 4 and so I’m actually looking for a first person server with survivors/role-players. Anyone interested in this as well or already joined one...? 😌

It's hard getting all players on a server to RP. That is a thing once private servers are out on consoles. 

2 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

It's hard getting all players on a server to RP. That is a thing once private servers are out on consoles. 

Yea i was afraid of that but patience i will have, for this. In the time i just try to get the hang of the game by myself and the occasional people i meet

My gamertag is NOOB HUG for anyone who’s interested in hangin out from time to time 🤓

42 minutes ago, Noobhug said:

Yea i was afraid of that but patience i will have, for this. In the time i just try to get the hang of the game by myself and the occasional people i meet

My gamertag is NOOB HUG for anyone who’s interested in hangin out from time to time 🤓

I'm almost sure I saw you on 3858 or 4692 1st person servers today. 

I will be on NL 4692 around 7pm cet if anyone wanna hang out up in NWAF. 

But I can't see how awesome Ming Ming looks in her bdu outfit with ballistic vest, green bandana, green combat gloves, improved improvised backpack, and ghillie'd AK.

I don't get why Corner Peekers get upset about not seeing their characters in 1pp. 

Just go to inventory and he/She is right there