bent.toe

Sorry to sound like a broken record..

... but the RNG are even more broke now. 

Tell me again why we should go in-land and to military bases? 

Because the military in Chernarus did not use military grade weapons, that is for sure. Not a single M4 or AKM for 5 hours of gameplay on two different servers through 5 military facilities (from pavlovo, zelenogorsk, kabanino, NWAF and tisy and changing server, backtracking down to pavlovo again) and not finding anything else than hundreds of attachments, magazines, flashlights and stocks. 

The AR's should be somewhat hard to come by... But come on. There has been a full fledge war against zombies, with military involved. No one left an automatic rifle around.... Anywhere? 

You are not making the game harder in any way by changing up the RNG like this. Just more boring and contributing to duping and even more KOS. People are not even trying to talk now, they just shoot on sight, hoping you got an AR because they are so rare it's rediculous. 

I'm ok with the rifles and smg's but hiking for 5 hours through several MB's should let you find an AR.... no? 

• Like 2

What is most interesting, the mission of offline has a good spawn of objects.
I do not have a shortage of anything. I think that servers have settings for reduced supplies and the place where items are spawned, they get half the seats in the spawning period. I do not want to contact server administrators about this, and challenge their decisions and their intention to influence it.
Try other servers, I see a big difference in some servers.

1 hour ago, lex__1 said:

What is most interesting, the mission of offline has a good spawn of objects.
I do not have a shortage of anything. I think that servers have settings for reduced supplies and the place where items are spawned, they get half the seats in the spawning period. I do not want to contact server administrators about this, and challenge their decisions and their intention to influence it.
Try other servers, I see a big difference in some servers.

the problem with "public" servers is that if there are already like 4 FALs(for example) stashed, or someone has it in inventory/using it etc.. the new one will not appear until one of the four already spawned dissapears(in dead body, despawns at ground, despawns as ruined), same goes for nearly all weapons/items, because of how default types.xml is made

yeah, I only found one M4 recently since the patch update, but no KAM's, so I dont know what the deal is that these are so "rare" or if it was developments intention to do this, but mostly finding SKS's or SG5's at mil bases.

I would of thought they would have made the SKS a civilian spawn as these are not "current" mil deployment weapons, but the mosin and sks which use the PU scope "civilian spawn" are old mil weapons and the sks spawns at mil locations and the mosin is civilian, makes no sense?

The M4/KAM/USG45/SG5 should be mil spawns and the sks should be civilian spawn imo.

4 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

You're gonna have to search harder son, this is not Call Of Duty.

LOL.. I just love replies like this. 

Just retarded. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, FearFokkol said:

yeah, I only found one M4 recently since the patch update, but no KAM's, so I dont know what the deal is that these are so "rare" or if it was developments intention to do this, but mostly finding SKS's or SG5's at mil bases.

I would of thought they would have made the SKS a civilian spawn as these are not "current" mil deployment weapons, but the mosin and sks which use the PU scope "civilian spawn" are old mil weapons and the sks spawns at mil locations and the mosin is civilian, makes no sense?

The M4/KAM/USG45/SG5 should be mil spawns and the sks should be civilian spawn imo.

Yeah, the sks is all over the MB's. 

SG5 should be a police station spawn all the time. 

8 hours ago, TheSzepy said:

the problem with "public" servers is that if there are already like 4 FALs(for example) stashed, or someone has it in inventory/using it etc.. the new one will not appear until one of the four already spawned dissapears(in dead body, despawns at ground, despawns as ruined), same goes for nearly all weapons/items, because of how default types.xml is made 

1. Where did you find such an explanation?
2. For what period of playing time does the economy counter act before the economy counter is reset?
3. How do you explain the reduction of the locations of the generation of subjects by 50% on some servers?
For example - in the police station there are 6 places of generation of the subjects in one generation period, but on the server I can find only three subjects in one period of generation of subjects.
4. How types.xml regulate economics for 10 players on a server or for 60 players on a server?
5. How does the types.xml of some servers produce such a spawn - many identical items for one place and spawning period? In the screenshot, I collected six rifles in military tents.

MDq8oEj.jpg

6. Server administrators are related to the incorrect behavior of the economy?

Edited by lex__1

3 hours ago, bent.toe said:

LOL.. I just love replies like this. 

Just retarded. 

An assertion without evidence! Dismissed as dogma.

2 hours ago, lex__1 said:

1. Where did you find such an explanation?

by looking into gamefiles how the whole loot economy works, lets use again fal for example - 

<type name="FAL">
        <nominal>4</nominal>
        <lifetime>7200</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>1</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="1" count_in_hoarder="1" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="1" crafted="0" deloot="1"/>
        <category name="weapons"/>
        <usage name="Military"/>
        <value name="Tier4"/>
    </type>

nominal- same as max if max is not used, otherwise used as a "nominal"
lifetime - how long it takes to despawn if it lies on ground(spawned, dropped by someone etc), if not ruined

restock - how long after one "dissapears"(despawns as ruined, or picked up by player depending on what flags are used) is the new one spawned

min-minimum number of items on whole map

quant min and max - used for ammo, aka how much ammo can spawn in one pile
cost - not sure about this, probably some prioritizer for loot spawner, but maybe it does nothing now
flags -

- count_in_cargo="1" - if 1, FAL wont spawn if there are already 4 fals stashed in tents, vehicles etc.

- count_in_hoarder="1" - not entirely sure by this one, should be for zeds or player

- count_in_map="1" - basicly uses the min nominal and max values, if you set this to zero you will have fals everywhere where is the place for tier 4 military items

- count_in_player="1" - if there are four fals used by players(in hands, backpack) the new one will not spawn

- crafted="0" - this item cannot be crafted

- deloot ="1" - i´m 95% sure that this means that the limit of four fals per server applies even to dynamic events(DELOOT- Dynamic Event Loot) like helicrashes, so if there are already 4 fals spawned on the map it cant spawn fifth one (if your max is 4) as a helicrash loot

category, usage, value - this three values sets where the item can spawn

2. For what period of playing time does the economy counter act before the economy counter is reset?

not entirely sure what do you mean by this, but again, use fal as example, if you have server online for 1 year(24/7 nonstop), and four players with fals(again, online for whole year nonstop), the new fal wont spawn for the whole year

3. How do you explain the reduction of the locations of the generation of subjects by 50% on some servers?

For example - in the police station there are 6 places of generation of the subjects in one generation period, but on the server I can find only three subjects in one period of generation of subjects.

can be random, can be intentional from server owners, can just be looted at still not respawned

i will have to check this more, but the police stations are know for their lack of loot

4. How types.xml regulate economics for 10 players on a server or for 60 players on a server?

in no way, types is just a "limiter" for loot spawner, it says where, what and how much items should exist, there is no difference between 10 and 60 players online, except that with 60 players online there should be less items respawned(because nearly everybody is running with the high tier military loot etc), until all players disconnects

5. How does the types.xml of some servers produce such a spawn - many identical items for one place and spawning period? In the screenshot, I collected six rifles in military tents.

i will use my case which happened few weeks ago for me - dayz is saving loot from whole map into binary blobs(kinda stupid, but this is for another discussion), lets say there are fifteen files used for loot - when you restart the server, one of them failes to load, in my case this file was used for saving loot in pavlovo military base(+somewhere else, but i´m not sure where), so when i went there after restart and i found 15 from 20 allowed MP5s there

yes and no, i hope my previous text will give you an answer to this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheSzepy said:
4 hours ago, lex__1 said:

Thanks for all the answers, they will be useful for understanding by all who have not read this before. I play on the server, which is often rebooted, the server reboots every 4-8 hours - I do not have problems associated with the tedious search for any weapon or property. All my questions were suggestive, directed to thinking and conclusions - play on servers where server administrators do not cut economics, create conditions with an easy search on the server of any content, normal for all content mining. Or any issues related to the economy and its settings, you need to decide with the administration of the server where you like to play.

Edited by lex__1

13 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

You're gonna have to search harder son, this is not Call Of Duty.

You been warned twice before for your trolling, and you keep on ignoring it. 30 days suspension, last and final warning.

Sorry guys, for doing my business out in public like this, but I'd like to take the time to remind you all of the 'report' button. It's in the top right corner in every post. Using it on posts like the one quoted is a great help, as we can't be everywhere (or even anywhere, some times), and having pointless and flamebaiting posts filtered out makes the forum better for everyone. Thanks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheSzepy said:

by looking into gamefiles how the whole loot economy works, lets use again fal for example - 

<type name="FAL">
        <nominal>4</nominal>
        <lifetime>7200</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>1</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="1" count_in_hoarder="1" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="1" crafted="0" deloot="1"/>
        <category name="weapons"/>
        <usage name="Military"/>
        <value name="Tier4"/>
    </type>

nominal- same as max if max is not used, otherwise used as a "nominal"
lifetime - how long it takes to despawn if it lies on ground(spawned, dropped by someone etc), if not ruined

restock - how long after one "dissapears"(despawns as ruined, or picked up by player depending on what flags are used) is the new one spawned

min-minimum number of items on whole map

quant min and max - used for ammo, aka how much ammo can spawn in one pile
cost - not sure about this, probably some prioritizer for loot spawner, but maybe it does nothing now
flags -

- count_in_cargo="1" - if 1, FAL wont spawn if there are already 4 fals stashed in tents, vehicles etc.

- count_in_hoarder="1" - not entirely sure by this one, should be for zeds or player

- count_in_map="1" - basicly uses the min nominal and max values, if you set this to zero you will have fals everywhere where is the place for tier 4 military items

- count_in_player="1" - if there are four fals used by players(in hands, backpack) the new one will not spawn

- crafted="0" - this item cannot be crafted

- deloot ="1" - i´m 95% sure that this means that the limit of four fals per server applies even to dynamic events(DELOOT- Dynamic Event Loot) like helicrashes, so if there are already 4 fals spawned on the map it cant spawn fifth one (if your max is 4) as a helicrash loot

category, usage, value - this three values sets where the item can spawn

not entirely sure what do you mean by this, but again, use fal as example, if you have server online for 1 year(24/7 nonstop), and four players with fals(again, online for whole year nonstop), the new fal wont spawn for the whole year

can be random, can be intentional from server owners, can just be looted at still not respawned

i will have to check this more, but the police stations are know for their lack of loot

in no way, types is just a "limiter" for loot spawner, it says where, what and how much items should exist, there is no difference between 10 and 60 players online, except that with 60 players online there should be less items respawned(because nearly everybody is running with the high tier military loot etc), until all players disconnects

i will use my case which happened few weeks ago for me - dayz is saving loot from whole map into binary blobs(kinda stupid, but this is for another discussion), lets say there are fifteen files used for loot - when you restart the server, one of them failes to load, in my case this file was used for saving loot in pavlovo military base(+somewhere else, but i´m not sure where), so when i went there after restart and i found 15 from 20 allowed MP5s there

Good insight. 

Thanks

Had the same issue. Only way I have found around this is to look for someone's else's base and relieve them of one or two. 

7 hours ago, Gareth Cairns said:

Had the same issue. Only way I have found around this is to look for someone's else's base and relieve them of one or two. 

Have not come a cross a base or stash in months. 

On 4/12/2019 at 8:06 PM, TheSzepy said:

This is an XBox discussion board, not PC.

13 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

This is an XBox discussion board, not PC.

so? game/loot mechanics are still same, the only difference between pc and xbox build is the control scheme

+ ofc the fact that xbox is one update behind PCs, but still it doesnt matter, CLE works same everywhere

Edited by TheSzepy