Gareth Cairns

Dog tag concept

Wouldn't it be good if when you killed another player you could lift there tags and see how long the player was alive for how many kills they had etc. You wouldn't have to show their name. 

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

pretty. Sure something similar to this was in the MOD, I think it was an ID card, would be cool but I think. Anything like this being implemented. Is pretty unlikely

Depends I guess now that it's out of preview. Seems to be going well in number from launch. Be nice to know what the devs have planned. 

Headline should read "Over- Regulation Endangering America. Democrats doesn't care"

On 3/31/2019 at 8:50 AM, Gareth Cairns said:

Wouldn't it be good if when you killed another player you could lift there tags and see how long the player was alive for how many kills they had etc. You wouldn't have to show their name. 

Why, for the love of God, WHY are people wanting to keep implementing aspects of games like CoD into THIS game?  Wouldn't it be good if people that want dogtags, kill cams, and the like would simply stick to THOSE games, and LEAVE THIS ONE ALONE?

So why would you suddenly associate dog tags to cod and kill cams. That's a bit extreme. What about a pocket book? With a diary entry of his dayz

The pocket book with like a diary entry sounds awesome!!! can maybe have a brief description of every time he's signed on with that character to see how long he has been alive and what not.

ID card doesn't sound bad either as I am sure if this was to really happen in real life we or most of us would have our ID/Drivers license on us during the event right?

Would be better to just be able to check someone’s pulse, like it used to be on the earlier pc build.

I remember some of the old frankieonpc videos where there were hero skins and bandit skins. I always liked the idea that you would earn things by acting on a specific way. I think you earned hero points by bandaging other players, etc and bandit credits by kos'ing. Not sure how appropriate that would be in the current game build but maybe something to discuss. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 2:58 PM, Gareth Cairns said:

So why would you suddenly associate dog tags to cod and kill cams. That's a bit extreme. What about a pocket book? With a diary entry of his dayz

Because those are aspects of CoD and other run-and-gun FPS's that you and other people keep saying they'd like to see in the game.

On 4/8/2019 at 3:04 AM, Stagman70 said:

Because those are aspects of CoD and other run-and-gun FPS's that you and other people keep saying they'd like to see in the game.

Um no? Since when do dog tags HAVE to be releated to kill cams and cod?

I guess my question would be, why would all civilians carry dog tags? Maybe drivers license or other ID, maybe, but realistically most wouldn't. 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 6:41 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I guess my question would be, why would all civilians carry dog tags? Maybe drivers license or other ID, maybe, but realistically most wouldn't. 

Makes sense. A variation you could have. 

On 3/31/2019 at 4:50 PM, Gareth Cairns said:

Ya something like this would be cool. Definitely do not want to add player tag into it tho, knowing how toxic internet can be.

1 hour ago, MaximusDickus said:

Ya something like this would be cool. Definitely do not want to add player tag into it tho, knowing how toxic internet can be.

Very true