xKJCxDaRkMaN

Server Hopping

So I was thinking for a way to stop server hopping an duping problems. Could you guys maybe make a character lock system for each server like Ark Survival Evolved?  If so I think that would definitely stop that problem.

What if they would just permaban every hopper and dupper? btw i left the game allready bc of hoppers and duppers getting every gun in the map and making it impossible to find any automatic rifles for rest of us who don't server hop or dupe. i have not still seen a single M4 or AK after 2 last updates,  i have visited every mil-base in the game multiple times and those guns used to be everywhere, but not anymore.

• Like 2

They're working on a fix for the duping, for sure. 

Server hopping is a different issue entirely.  There's been countless threads on the subject throughout the last 5 years.  Do a search.  It's not as simple as 'just lock characters'.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Parazight said:

It's not as simple as 'just lock characters'.

Well i know its not simple im just thowing out ideas you know. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OilRig said:

What if they would just permaban every hopper and dupper? btw i left the game allready bc of hoppers and duppers getting every gun in the map and making it impossible to find any automatic rifles for rest of us who don't server hop or dupe. i have not still seen a single M4 or AK after 2 last updates,  i have visited every mil-base in the game multiple times and those guns used to be everywhere, but not anymore.

Perma bans are a tad extreme, no?

How about if the devs come up with an algorithm that determines if a player is abusing the server hop mechanic, (We could discuss what constitutes “abusing” the system, as they’re multiple reasons to do so) or duplicating items.

Once a player has been flagged, they are forced to wear the most ridiculous outfit for x amount of time in game.

This type of punishment could be refined for various instances the devs deem as exploitative.

Imagine said player walking around as their character blurts “I’m a super duper!” over and over...

The developers could have some fun with such a system in place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/4/2019 at 9:38 AM, OilRig said:

Duping&Server hopping doesn't have that impact anymore tbh.

Duped stuff is player inventory, so the server doesn't count that in ( CLE )

Server hoppers... The new CLE almost immediately spawn new items in said places where loot gets taken away by players. Run away, wait a bit since the server respawn items every few sec, go back... Fresh loot

however, if weapons ( or other loot like the beloved pea coat 😉 ) doesn't get looted they stay where they are > the Community isn't innocent too, since a lot dont use USGs for example ( even though its a good weapon, just lacks a bit of range ).

If loot doesn't get looted, they block of a spawn point for new stuff. simple as that.

Edited by xhardcorefishx
Grammar
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 5:25 AM, Nayte said:

Perma bans are a tad extreme, no?

How about if the devs come up with an algorithm that determines if a player is abusing the server hop mechanic, (We could discuss what constitutes “abusing” the system, as they’re multiple reasons to do so) or duplicating items.

Once a player has been flagged, they are forced to wear the most ridiculous outfit for x amount of time in game.

This type of punishment could be refined for various instances the devs deem as exploitative.

Imagine said player walking around as their character blurts “I’m a super duper!” over and over...

The developers could have some fun with such a system in place.

That actually sounds like a plan! But still, i would love to see ban wave to clear all those duppers and hoppers so they would atleast have to make new microsoft account and buy new copy of the game. Bohemia is right now sending us a message as dupping and hopping is ok because they can keep up doing it without penalty.

Took 6 hours yesterday but I eventually found a m4. I didnt mind because me and a friend actually went from shipwreck across the entire coast and up the west side of the map until we we hit the top of the northwest map. Was fun took some time. Only had to use 3 servers due to one server shutdown and one server crash. I admit it got frustrating. Had everything I needed for m4 but still we had a mission and got everything he needed since I havent played from 2 updates ago. 

Just lock the characters to the server like how it is on PC.

Oh and fyi there is a bug where if a gun is picked up or stashed, it wont spawn anymore. Thats why there is a lack of m4s and akms. Looks like you need to pvp to get them.

7 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

Just lock the characters to the server like how it is on PC.

No it's not

3 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

No it's not

Its not? Then i guess im stupid because i joined a new server last night on pc and started fresh again lol. 

Community servers are where its at right now. Theres no reason to play vanilla dayz.

11 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

Its not? Then i guess im stupid because i joined a new server last night on pc and started fresh again lol. 

Nope - not stupid :
Check the server listing
There are SOME <<Community Servers>> which are often (but not always) "private shard" servers & these are "locked servers" - if you spawn there your tune lives and dies there.. if you choose another server to play, you will be a fresh spawn when you arrive. Some of these are modded.
AND
There are SOME <<Official Servers>> which are "public hive" servers & are open servers, not "locked" - on PC called <<Official Servers>> If you spawn there, and gain equipment, illness - anything you can carry on your tune.. when you spawn on another "public hive" server your tune will spawn on the new server in the same location you logged out on the old server, still alive, with all the same stuff you brought with you from the other server.  Same as on Xbox right now.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 2

On 2/4/2019 at 6:35 AM, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

maybe make a character lock system

there are threads talking about this - you should all get together and hear each other

10 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

there are threads talking about this - you should all get together and hear each other

And would clear things up a bit. Other threads might suffer due to the whole load of same topic threads.