ImpulZ

Xbox Feedback Round - January 2019

If you try to reload a pistol that you have mag dumped say a 15 round mag with one in the chamber you will reload a single loose round if you have any in your inventory even if you have a full magazine forcing you to have to reload that single round then press y again to load a new mag 

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Fried_Rice said:

Sorry for the book.

There are a few simple things I think would be beneficial.

• Better economy/loot spawns for:

SG5-K and magazine

CR75 

FNX45 magazine

CR61 and magazine

All of the above seem so rare especially when it comes to the CR75 and the FNX45 magazine. I've only used the CR75 a handful of times and I'm never able to use the FNX45 because I can never find a magazine for it. 

• Rifled shells for the BK-133 are not registering when fired at another player. When fired, the shell clips through the character and doesn't deliver any damage even when shot point blank in the head.

• BK-133, Mosin 91/30, SVD need a slight buff or fixed shot/hit box registration.

I've shot countless people from point blank range above the waste and directly in the head with those weapons and somehow doesn't one hit kill the other player. They deal damage to the point of them almost dying, but it seems the player should go down with one shot from that range. 

Also, specifically with the Mosin 91/30 and the SVD having such a strong caliber, it takes too many shots to kill someone at longer ranges. At minimum, I can see it taking 2 shots, but in my experience I've delivered 3-5 shots almost every time using those rifles and players just aren't going down like they used to and possibly leading myself and others who are having those issues finding them not as desirable as they should be besides the only reason why people want the SVD is because it's rare and hard to get.

Those are just a few that actually come to mind. Everything is great to me so far and I know it's listed, but what's holding DayZ back the most is the frame drops. I've lost so many gunfights from lag, rendering, character freezing in place, stuttering and it always seems it's from the frames dropping right and just my luck it's always as I'm about to get into a gun fight. Regardless, DayZ is possibly the only game, if I had to pick one..I could play for the rest of my life and never be tired of it. Thanks for everything and keep up the good work devs!

The fnx is the most common mag in the game spawns 80% the time  in the green towers that surround military bases 

Make it so you can jump over fences and ledges, make it so you don't lag out randomly 15 minutes after joining the game because for me it happens like 5 times within that time then starts doing more later on, make it so your loot stays where you place it even without a base, let's say you place something down in front of where you log off, it should be there when you log back on again, sometimes it's hard to find base materials so you just end up running in circles cause you need to find d it all again

• Confused 2

Melee vs Zombies needs alot of work IMO. Maybe stop the player movement foward when using a melee attack to prevent the clipping mess right now when attempting to melee kill a zombie. It's not impossible to melee but definitely needs attention. Might be a hit registry issue though... Any one else agree that this needs work?  

• Like 3

I’d love to see some new guns, for example the Winchester, or the glock 18, just some new guns from the older builds of the game to give some variety would be a great update for sure

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Fix to the 5 fps it's unplayable , new inventory system , removal of the stamina system and put the old stamina system back in from 0.62 , implementation of the old guns from 0.62 blaze , Winchester , 44 magnum , sported , Aug , add dual band 60 round 556 mags and 75 drum mag ak drum mag , entering cities causes audio to cut out a lot , buildings don't load in while entering big cities and the audio cuts out aswell , fix the textures lower them a bit so the game runs better for all Xbox consoles , mostly fix the frames by lowering textures so it's playable and a better experience for us players , and and fix the audio cutting out a lot and the buildings not loading in ( play doe effect )

Put 4 wheels on the cars around the map and add more guns 

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

xbox-feedback-gathering.jpg

Hello Survivors!

First and foremost, thank you for considering our call for your feedback - you're helping us get a better grasp of how the game is doing on Xbox.

For this round, we want to put focus on the current issues with the game and what we could improve for the Xbox-specific controls, as well as the overall gameplay experience. Please understand that while we're looking for specific feedback, this is not a wish list. As much as we would love to, we will likely not be able to implement every comment/suggestion made here into the game, but having your feedback will help us set priorities with the Dev Team.

To avoid reports on things we're already aware of, have a read through our current list of known issues:

Currently known general DayZ issues:

• Server crashes can cause undesirable persistence wipes
  • There are various issues with cars, often related to physics simulation/desync (cars shooting up the air, or diving underground)

Currently known general Xbox Issues:

• Game performance (FPS) may drop significantly
  • It's currently possible to duplicate items (duping)

Currently known/acknowledged specific Xbox Issues:

• Spamming B when disconnecting can freeze the game
  • When a fence is placed, the game freezes
  • It is currently not possible to customise your fresh spawn character in the main menu
  • Hold breath feature has no assigned controls
  • Leaning feature has no assigned controls
  • It is not possible to reload when your inventory is completely full
  • Connecting to a Hardcore (1st person only) server initially spawns you in the 3rd person perspective
  • Some wearable items can obstruct aiming
  • Loading times for filled inventories are too long
  • Options menu item is named "Configure" when connected to server (should be "Options" too)

When sharing your feedback or describing problems, please be as specific as possible. Also, let us be clear that we understand how some issues can be the cause of a very passionate irritation (we play the game, too! ). Please do your best to remain constructive and respectful even when things turn ugly, being angry does not really send the message across.

Remember that it's always helpful to provide us with visual examples of your issues. Use the official Xbox guideline on capturing screenshots and DVR clips, and either let us know that we should look at the screenshot/DVR on your profile, or share it with us over the unofficial XboxDVR website.

To help you out with some areas of reports we're mostly interested in, we would like to hear your thoughts on:

• bugs and general game / stability problems
  • gameplay and balancing
  • servers, their availability, and general online experience
  • controls and your overall player experience

Also, while we're mainly searching issues and problematic areas, we will be glad to hear what you like on the game as well!
Let's do this Survivors.

(Header Image: DanceOfJesus via reddit)

Put 4 wheels on the cars around the map please and more guns 

• Beans 1

Thank you for asking for my feedback BI!

First things first, FPS needs to be fixed ASAP. Big cities are nomans land when this should not be the case. 

Secondly, car physics need to be fixed. They are always clipping into the ground or flying or what have you. Its a gamble to even drive at all because of the aforementioned frame drops and another issue im adressing next.

Third, we have a server lag issue. Many of times I have crashed a vehicle due to this. Also it puts you in riskey situations and can also cause the game to crash. Its not good when you have to make the determination between a really bad server lag and a game crash. 

I would list the spawning in 3rd person on HC servers but this was I saw was already adressed and known. BUT we do need leaning assigned and we need it soon. First person firefights are way more riskey than a third person one especially when you have to expose half your body to just look around a corner.

Dynamic weather and a day/night cycle that is balenced to players liking but also keeps in line with the realism you want is this game. I understand night was lowered to 10 minutes because people were complaining but we have had plenty of time now we should be having at least an hour long night cycle especially since day is about 5 hours long. For this to work the headlamp will also need to be fixed so that the light will actually point in the desired direction when on your character's head. Rain need to be brought back to add varity to the gameplay but if it was removed for an FPS related issue then keep it out until you can sort out the FPS. 

Truck needs to be added in. We already have the parts just give us the truck. 

Very minor bug but when crossing over certain creeks that are in a valley type area your player character will get stuck and kind of "swim" in the air. Ive noticed this issue happen at the dam above Electro and other places.

Clothing to not clip with characters face and hair. Either make it so theres no clipping or give us character customization so I can make all of my people bald!

We need to be able to slide down ladders. Another thing that worked fine till an update came, and now it starts the animation but the player character just kind of juts and thats that. 

Locking characters to servers. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD!! Ghosting and server hopping is out of control on xbox and bases are next to useless. First we have persistence issues we dont need people to ghost into our bases and get rid of our hard work when it is at risk of a wipe at any given time.

Thank you for asking for my feedback. It may be a bit overwhelming to read but I wanted to be as specific and clear as possible. Loving the game, keep the updates coming into 2019!

• Like 2

Still some issues with inventory management.. Can bring down stuff, but not up.

Can't slide down ladder anymore.

We need a real night cycle, as the rain too.

fix the lock pad.. Still can go inside base, I just need to take it into my inventory.

Don't know why, but on my server, I can't find anymore weapons.. Ak and m4.. Only shotgun, bk18 and sometimes usg45.

Maybe some private server, that we can play the way we want! And it can be cool if we can have only one character by server, it could be better especially against those who server hop

And for the last.. (this is only my opinion..) more guns, spray paint, véhicules, new content in general..

Exept this your game is awesome! My team and me play every evening! We really enjoy it! 

Edited by Nonok52
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

To start off I believe I have the most time played on the console version at the moment with 45D played. With that being said I’ve seen some things or two that could need fixed or added! 

1. Better settingscustomization for, deadZone, scope, first, 3rd and movement sensitivity would be very much appreciated.

2. You’re aware of FPS in cities, but that is one of THE biggest issues

3. HIT DETECTION another massive issue on console, it’s so bad I have multiple videos of me unloading all 30 rounds into the other player and not one round causing him to bleed or die. (I still have this footage if needed)

4. As of late you guys have done a great job but you guys need to start communicating more If it’s possible, all it takes is one reply to the 700th comment you’ve gotten. 

5. Updates, should be a somewhat fluent of a thing when it comes to performance, of course PC is ALWAYS a priority we understand that, but set a schedule or when you THINK we could have an update on here at least a week before , and make it consistent if Microsoft will let you. 

6. Get some of the Xbox content creators involved a bit more with your social network! It seems some pc streamers have helped with some things on showing you what they’ve experienced, content creators are the best play testers and would be glad to try and help any way possible

thank you if you took the time to read this, this was in no way shape or form meant to be toxic at all, even though we Xbox players on twitter seem to say otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Improvements:

- Night-time should be longer than the 5 minutes. Night-time is when the game is actually terrifying, please make it last a lot longer!
- I liked the rain, but I didn't like it constantly raining. Please fix dynamic weather so we have a balance of clear skies and stormy weather
- I would consider a control scheme similar to PUBG on XBOX for how we navigate through the loot menu
- Add bicycles for us to get around faster while we try and build cars
- NOT ENOUGH ZOMBIES! Perhaps add zombies that only shamble and the shambling zombies can form large hordes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

xbox-feedback-gathering.jpg

Hello Survivors!

First and foremost, thank you for considering our call for your feedback - you're helping us get a better grasp of how the game is doing on Xbox.

For this round, we want to put focus on the current issues with the game and what we could improve for the Xbox-specific controls, as well as the overall gameplay experience. Please understand that while we're looking for specific feedback, this is not a wish list. As much as we would love to, we will likely not be able to implement every comment/suggestion made here into the game, but having your feedback will help us set priorities with the Dev Team.

To avoid reports on things we're already aware of, have a read through our current list of known issues:

Currently known general DayZ issues:

• Server crashes can cause undesirable persistence wipes
  • There are various issues with cars, often related to physics simulation/desync (cars shooting up the air, or diving underground)

Currently known general Xbox Issues:

• Game performance (FPS) may drop significantly
  • It's currently possible to duplicate items (duping)

Currently known/acknowledged specific Xbox Issues:

• Spamming B when disconnecting can freeze the game
  • When a fence is placed, the game freezes
  • It is currently not possible to customise your fresh spawn character in the main menu
  • Hold breath feature has no assigned controls
  • Leaning feature has no assigned controls
  • It is not possible to reload when your inventory is completely full
  • Connecting to a Hardcore (1st person only) server initially spawns you in the 3rd person perspective
  • Some wearable items can obstruct aiming
  • Loading times for filled inventories are too long
  • Options menu item is named "Configure" when connected to server (should be "Options" too)

When sharing your feedback or describing problems, please be as specific as possible. Also, let us be clear that we understand how some issues can be the cause of a very passionate irritation (we play the game, too! ). Please do your best to remain constructive and respectful even when things turn ugly, being angry does not really send the message across.

Remember that it's always helpful to provide us with visual examples of your issues. Use the official Xbox guideline on capturing screenshots and DVR clips, and either let us know that we should look at the screenshot/DVR on your profile, or share it with us over the unofficial XboxDVR website.

To help you out with some areas of reports we're mostly interested in, we would like to hear your thoughts on:

• bugs and general game / stability problems
  • gameplay and balancing
  • servers, their availability, and general online experience
  • controls and your overall player experience

Also, while we're mainly searching issues and problematic areas, we will be glad to hear what you like on the game as well!
Let's do this Survivors.

(Header Image: DanceOfJesus via reddit)

1. Please just add key binds to let the players figure out what button they want to press to do a certain action (example would be war thunder on Xbox). 2. Stability and frame rate / "sound bug" in bigger cities. 3. Bugs and issues related to base building. 4. Adding new content

• Beans 1

The inventory needs a total rework or add things to make it easier for us to transfer things

Maybe add a cursor like bo4 has that works really well and think it will improve the inventory system 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prioritys.

1. General gun play / key binds for controller, so players could choose for themselves what they want to press to hold they breath ect. (Look at Warframe as an example you could change your keybinds there, war thunder on Xbox is another good example)

2. Preformance in large servers and larger cities as well as the "sound bug" when your sound cuts out and then it sounds like someone is behind you.

3. General bugs in relation to base building.

4. Adding new things. Honestly I wouldn't mind if we don't get any new guns or anything as long as what we do have is solid. (Operation health for rainbow 6 would be a good example, where they took time to fix things rather than add things.)

Edited by Brunorodrig
  • Beans 1

I'm currently having issues with micro managing my inventory. In some cases when micro managing from a lower item like pants and trying to move something to a higher tier like a shirt I have to hold (a) then cycle all the way down and back around to get to the shirt. If I go straight up to the shirt it will put whatever item I stop on in the shirt in my hands. I can reproduce this in game and record it if you need. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Head lamp is not working correctly and shines light straight up instead of out front. 

• Sad 1

I agree with the night being too short. A 30 minute long night time would be better and a 2h30 day time would make it perfect

• Like 1

Keep up the good work boyz, this game is insanely good!!!!   Everyone thought you guys wouldn't make to Xbox and you did it, i've been following Dayz ever since Frankieonpc started posting videos 6+ years ago.  This is the only game I play.  For feedback these are the items that come to mind:

-  Double click left thumbstick for auto jog (holding forward on a stick for more than 10mins is hard ass work...lol)

-  Switch freelook to hold RB and Move right thumbstick

-  Switch Zoom to push down right thumbstick

-  Character specific servers

-  Can you make game chat work with Xbox party chat seems to be a problem 

• Confused 1

I want you to fix controls fps and inventory also looting players suck it’s to laggy on the regular xbox

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

- Fix to the FPS issues 

- Audio cutting out and Buildings not loading in 

- Better loot tables for guns and the mags and bullets for them including 

[ CR75 , FX45 , IJ70 , 7.62/54 Bullets

- Implementation of becoming unconscious when being shot while wearing a ballistic vest and helmets 

- Implementation of a new inventory system 

- Removal of all military loot spawn near the coast to make people go inland to find military loot 

- Lowered textures so the game runs smoother for the players

- Spawn the CR75 & Press Vest more frequently

- Implementation of broken limbs

- Improve stamina system or revert to the 0.62 stamina system 

- Fix to the melee combat to zombies & players 

- Removal of stun locking players 

- Improve spawns for radios 

- Improve loot tables for M4s & AKM

- Implementation of old weapons 

- Make blood loss more significant 

- Implementation of rainy weather 

- Improved nighttime cycle & visibility during nighttime

- implementation of hunting scope for Mosin

- Improved spawns for 7.62/54 ammo in every town including [ Kamiwobo , Solnichny , Lumber Mill , Beranzino ]

- Implementation of GPS

- Implementation of old weapons from 0.62 so that there is more variety 

- Improve loot tables for cargo pants 

- Improved spawn tables for [ SG5K mags , Scorpion mags ]

- Implementation of getting shot ruins a lot of gear per shot hit on a player 

- Reduce the amount of barracks and building at Northwest Airfield so that there's a risk vs reward system 

- Implementation of a ATC tower at Balota Airstrip & Hangars 

- Reduction of ammo found in military zones so that there's a rarity in ammo and a reason to not shoot fresh spawns 

- Fix to duplication of gear so it stops players camping the coast 

- Reduce the amount of trees in the game 

- Fix to the ruined suppressors still being silent upon being ruined 

- Implementation of Payday masks & Gas mask 

- Improved loot tables for burlap sacks 

- Implementation of spray paint cans 

- Decrease damage taken when hitting vital organs 

- Fix to limping when being shot " Example " [ Red Health should cause limping and Yellow health should just lower your sprint by 10 Percent " 

- Fix to grass moving while laying down " Example " [ When wearing a Ghillie suit it's more affective if the grass doesn't spread while laying down " 

- Implementation of the cross hair showing where the bullets would hit makes it more affects in close range gun fights

• Confused 1

All the big towns are trash to be in still, the FPS drops really low the sounds cut out and then after a few seconds you hear your footsteps catching up to you. These places are the main parts of the map and you can’t even explore them due to crazy frame drops 

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

2 minutes ago, dandre1331 said:

Sometimes when I go into 1st person I can’t go back to 3rd person.

It sounds like you're in a hardcore server maybe? 

• Like 5

My only real issue is that me and my friends built a base, found tents, and all of that and it just disappeared into thin air we are quite sure it wasn’t stolen because all of the walls and everything were gone no trace of anything

• Beans 2