ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.0.150053

Hello Survivors,

we have a new Experimental update incoming.

Please verify your game files before playing the new update, and report all bugs you encounter!

Keep in mind that Experimental updates are not available for server files or modding tools yet. Those will be updated with the Stable release of the patch.

Patchnotes

FIXED

• Fixed: Strafe keys do not work when rebound to different keys than default
  • Fixed: Camera goes into inappropriate height when walking up a slope upon exiting water
  • Fixed: Possible stack in wolf combat behavior
  • Fixed: Face textures and beards are not set properly
  • Fixed: Client-side freeze caused by nearby players
  • Fixed: Muzzle flash not disappearing
  • Fixed: Attempted fix for server performance degradation
  • Fixed: Getting kicked from queue after a prolonged wait

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Minor changes in input configuration
  • Tweaked: Renderer changes, primarily in lighting system
  • Tweaked: Changed snow back into rain

KNOWN ISSUES

• Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe. So especially for server owners, try to work with regular persistence backups and if you encounter server crashes, report with your crash dumps to our Feedback Tracker. If you have any proven reproduction steps for persistence wipes, let us know. The team is working on a long-term solution, which unfortunately will take some time.

Notes

• We are considering a character wipe for this update, in case issues appear due to the changes made!
  • Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 13

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

Fixed: Attempted fix for server performance degradation

Hope is what's left. 

No keybinds fix? 

3 minutes ago, Fa1ko said:

Hope is what's left. 

No keybinds fix? 

Ummmm:

FIXED

Fixed: Strafe keys do not work when rebound to different keys than default

Edit: Other than that - HANDS OFF THE SNOW GODDAMMIT!!! The Winter Chernarus mod will not be the same in rain (although to be fair it is exactly that kinda weather here now). How about having snow as a possible weather type December - April?

Edited by Beavis3D
Snow!
  • Beans 3

5 minutes ago, Beavis3D said:

Fixed: Strafe keys do not work when rebound to different keys than default

The other one. When you enter the game and all keybinds are not assigned

• Beans 1

17 minutes ago, Fa1ko said:

This happened to me.

You just need to select the key bindings for your particular character you use.

• Beans 1

And item duplication will be not fixed?

Double click on planks and metal plates will give us every time 10 pieces!!!

1.0 are out now for weeks and nothing happened at this bugs!!!

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

KNOWN ISSUES

• Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe. So especially for server owners, try to work with regular persistence backups and if you encounter server crashes, report with your crash dumps to our Feedback Tracker. If you have any proven reproduction steps for persistence wipes, let us know. The team is working on a long-term solution, which unfortunately will take some time.

Can we just get the actual server files now and not some offline mission you have slapped together? We have no HIVE option in 1.0? Persistence is non existent... ?
Its pretty annoying being a server owner/admin and longtime supporter of the mod/standalone to see this really IMPORTANT part of the game being brushed aside as a bug, this game was sold as a persistent open world survival game
Ill quote your steam page;
"Persistent servers with complex loot economy, and the ability to build improvised bases."
A simple SQL system for now would be much more effective for us all. I mean the Z axis of vehicles isn't even being saved in this current database system, on a crash nothing is saved :/

Thanks.

Edited by Term_NCR
  • Beans 3

3 minutes ago, Term_NCR said:

Can we just get the actual server files now and some offline mission you have slapped together? We have no HIVE option in 1.0? Persistence is non existent... ?
Its pretty annoying being a server owner/admin and longtime supporter of the mod/standalone to see this really IMPORTANT part of the game being brushed aside as a bug, this game was sold as a persistent open world survival game
Ill quote your steam page;
"Persistent servers with complex loot economy, and the ability to build improvised bases."
A simple SQL system for now would be much more effective for us all. I mean the Z axis of vehicles isn't even being saved in this current database system, on a crash nothing is saved :/

Thanks.

Not sure what you're on about but the server files are already released along with a mission.

Just now, IMT said:

Not sure what you're on about but the server files are already released along with a mission.

If you think thats the actual server files ur dilutional
the mission is called; dayzoffline.chernarusplus 
It has no HIVE, the saving system is worse than 0.62

Dont comment if you dont know what ur talking aboot :D

• Beans 1

4 minutes ago, Term_NCR said:

dilutional

I never heard IMT being called dilutional before..  maybe concentrational ? 

• Haha 2

Just now, pilgrim* said:

I never heard IMT being called dilutional before..  maybe concentrational ? 

First time for everything lol

lets not get offtopic, WE NEED a working save system. MySQL worked in the past....

• Beans 2

42 minutes ago, Chris Aus-berlin said:

And item duplication will be not fixed?

Double click on planks and metal plates will give us every time 10 pieces!!!

1.0 are out now for weeks and nothing happened at this bugs!!!

They just started working again last week Wednesday.... Give them some time

• Haha 1

Complex loot economy?

Just have to ask this:

If i go town and take all the good stuff from there...then run 200 meters away from town...do new items spawn there?

This works quite good with those little boats....backpack full on pipsi with easy.

If this works with military places...then...i dont know

I would call it "stupid loot economy"

Edited by kopo79
  • Beans 1

27 minutes ago, Term_NCR said:

If you think thats the actual server files ur dilutional
the mission is called; dayzoffline.chernarusplus 
It has no HIVE, the saving system is worse than 0.62

Dont comment if you dont know what ur talking aboot :D

19 minutes ago, Term_NCR said:

lets not get offtopic, WE NEED a working save system. MySQL worked in the past....

Perhaps you don't know what you're talking about. It doesn't matter how it's called, the fact is, these are the server files. Or do you think people are doing some magical stuff to suddenly get an own server running? I've played on my LAN server a while back, it works and it has a hive and also persistence. Also, I believe the saving system is the same as 0.62 and it isn't MySQL.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Term_NCR said:

MySQL won't work for SA.  The way they've done things now with the central economy won't allow for it.  There are far too many objects the server has to keep track of.  Not only the objects themselves but their states.  Tracking all of the items in game this way would require way more performance than what SQL can provide.  You would be talking about doing thousands of queries per minute to find current status of each object, the server would have to apply logic rules to them, then write them back to the database via more queries.  There's just no way that would work and result in a playable experience.  

In the mod when items were spawned in they were only memory resident.  This meant that upon server restart the items were all abandoned and deleted and new, different items were spawned in.  The only persistence was for players, vehicles, and/or constructed items.  But with SA you have tens of thousands or more items that the server has to keep track of which are persistent across restarts.  It's just not feasible to manage it through SQL.  Believe me, I hate that as much as everyone else, but it's the system we have to work with now.  

Edited by DarthRogue
wording
  • Beans 1

Uh oh , looks like 2019 won’t be a very productive year for the dayz devs ... I really hope they end their almost month vacation soon so they can get back to work , there’s still SO MUCH to be added let alone fixed . 

So disappointed in this 1.0 release I really can’t say it enough . Dayz should not be a loot and shoot simulator with broken persistence and an easily abusable loot economy at the 1.0 stage ; but yet the devs shot themselves in the foot and made it happen for the worst reasons anyways . 

I really hope when they are all back from their kushy 2 week - 1 month break , that they actually push the new content out ASAP - advanced soft skills (medical , mechanical , pilot) , aerial vehicles , ground vehicles that are still missing , barricading , lots of cool weapons that we deserve that we’ve been waiting legit YEARS for ... please don’t just continue to fix bugs , we need you adding content AND fixing bugs , I mean when ever the dayz dev cycle was attacked all the fans were muttering “different devs for different things” so it should be absolutely no problem for you to work on new content (old , overdue promised content really) while also fixing major bugs - that is if your entire team isn’t off working on Vigor or some sad shit like that. 

• Haha 1

Really hope this doesn't end up in a character wipe. 

EXP has been loads more stable for me than, well, stable, and I've been able to bank a lot of progress. I know EXP by its very nature is more prone to wipes and stuff, but when 1.0 Stable Branch hasn't proven to be reliable, I'm going to play where it is. 

1 hour ago, IMT said:

Perhaps you don't know what you're talking about. It doesn't matter how it's called, the fact is, these are the server files. Or do you think people are doing some magical stuff to suddenly get an own server running? I've played on my LAN server a while back, it works and it has a hive and also persistence. Also, I believe the saving system is the same as 0.62 and it isn't MySQL.

Server files.... THEY CANT EVEN HIVE! Its a offline mission... xD
You post isn't even relevant, you ran a LAN server WOW, any 9 year old can do that with my server pack, good job :)

You are missing the point,  focus on the fact this "persistent" saving system shits itself on a crash and deletes everything; Leaving me, modern or any other large community owner in the shit with their players. Also lets not get in the fact if you have over 50 players for 3 hours in a session there is a fat rollback. The vehicles Z axis isn't even saved ffs... 

A backup system doesn't change the fact this system does not work. If you look at the .bins, they do not save until the server begins it graceful shutdown.

If this was "1.0" I would have HIVE servers, bulletproof persistence like me and my players expected.

58 minutes ago, DarthRogue said:

MySQL won't work for SA.  The way they've done things now with the central economy won't allow for it.  There are far too many objects the server has to keep track of.  Not only the objects themselves but their states.  Tracking all of the items in game this way would require way more performance than what SQL can provide.  You would be talking about doing thousands of queries per minute to find current status of each object, the server would have to apply logic rules to them, then write them back to the database via more queries.  There's just no way that would work and result in a playable experience.  

In the mod when items were spawned in they were only memory resident.  This meant that upon server restart the items were all abandoned and deleted and new, different items were spawned in.  The only persistence was for players, vehicles, and/or constructed items.  But with SA you have tens of thousands or more items that the server has to keep track of which are persistent across restarts.  It's just not feasible to manage it through SQL.  Believe me, I hate that as much as everyone else, but it's the system we have to work with now.  

"The only persistence was for players, vehicles, and/or constructed items"
... What more do you need???

I'm well aware of how the loot spawns on the both the mod and standalone having run servers and written code.

I just hope we have a solution before everyone is as fed up as we are.  

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

the devs shot themselves in the foot and made it happen

We are all 100% sure it was not "the devs" who made this decision, of course.
"The devs" are staff employed by a company, they are not a secret organization who wear guy-fawkes masks.

if your entire team isn’t off working on Vigor

Who is this "you" that you are attacking here?  = "your team?" =  When a company has 300 employees, they don't work on whatever takes their fancy when they show up in the office. They don't take holidays whenever they feel bored.  They don't decide they will switch from one project to another.  So by "you" do you mean  Marek Španěl ?

In fact "the devs"  [play spooky music]  obviously agree STRONGLY with Term_NCR above - and they say themselves :

4 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

The team is working on a long-term solution, which unfortunately will take some time.

The devs [THEMSELVES] working on this software would LOVE to sit down in front of a perfect beautiful DayZ right now, with a blue sky a tent that never despawned and birds singing in the woods.  Seems obvious.

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Beans 3

Uh oh , looks like 2019 won’t be a very productive year for the dayz devs ... I really hope they end their almost month vacation soon so they can get back to work , there’s still SO MUCH to be added let alone fixed . 

So disappointed in this 1.0 release I really can’t say it enough . Dayz should not be a loot and shoot simulator with broken persistence and an easily abusable loot economy at the 1.0 stage ; but yet the devs shot themselves in the foot and made it happen for the worst reasons anyways . 

I really hope when they are all back from their kushy 2 week - 1 month break , that they actually push the new content out ASAP - advanced soft skills (medical , mechanical , pilot) , aerial vehicles , ground vehicles that are still missing , barricading , lots of cool weapons that we deserve that we’ve been waiting legit YEARS for ... please don’t just continue to fix bugs , we need you adding content AND fixing bugs , I mean when ever the dayz dev cycle was attacked all the fans were muttering “different devs for different things” so it should be absolutely no problem for you to work on new content (old , overdue promised content really) while also fixing major bugs - that is if your entire team isn’t off working on Vigor or some sad shit like that. 

Amazing, it hasn't even been 2 days and you complain about 2019 has not been very productive.  I have lost all hope for mankind and the younger generation by now. あほう

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, Fa1ko said:

Never even heard of that happening, can't be common?

2 hours ago, DarthRogue said:

Tracking all of the items in game this way would require way more performance than what SQL can provide.

o_O

erm no, this is what sql is for. anyway, mariadb or not, i rather would want postgres support, at least then they can also skip encoding data in a binary blob and just stream out json.

or just give us optional socket support for saving/loading, and we handle it ourselves.

1 hour ago, Term_NCR said:

saving system shits itself on a crash and deletes everything;

actually the server startup deletes the files, and you can disable that, at your own risk.

however unfortunately, neither the blobs in the .bin files are documented, nor the blobs saved in the sqlite db file where player loadouts are stored.

i was yet too lazy to try to decode it - at least it does not seem encrypted - but i am happy to hear if someone else has.

5 hours ago, ImpulZ said:
  • We are considering a character wipe for this update, in case issues appear due to the changes made!

i hope that does not mean wipe if you go stable with this, because then i really start to not understand 1.0

Edited by g4borg