ImpulZ

Experimental Update 0.63.149840

At some point, it's fruitless to try to keep arguing with someone who, very clearly, is either a hypocrite, downright stupid, or both of those at once.

Just ignore him, for the sake of this thread and your own sanity. Let's focus on reporting out the problems.

And don't go too hard on the devs, I'm as frustrated as many of you (and they probably are themselves), but I'm pretty certain the decision to release wasn't only their own to make -- something that is sadly very common in the game development industry.
They managed to save DayZ from development hell and painfully reworked and streamlined a somewhat-working, outdated, clunky mess into something that, while obviously still lacking, they can now properly increment on and polish over the coming year.

I wouldn't have minded another delay, but here we are: the game will release with a number of real issues. At this point, there's nothing we can do about it.
So let's cut them some slack and see how it goes in the next months, without the pressure of the 1.0 deadline anymore. I'm confident they'll be hard at work to flesh it out.

Edited by Orravan

1 minute ago, Orravan said:

At some point, it's fruitless to try to keep arguing with someone who, very clearly, is either a hypocrite, downright stupid, or both of those at once.

Just ignore him, for the sake of this thread and your own sanity. Let's focus on reporting out the problems.
And don't go too hard on the devs, I'm as frustrated as many of you (and they probably are themselves), but I'm pretty certain the decision to release wasn't only their own to make -- something that is sadly very common in the game development industry.

Oh look, a fan.  Thanks but please, when you and all the others can point out where Bohemia stated that the game is going to be fully released, which I've still been waiting for one of you to give me the link for, you all have zero ground to stand on.  Peace out and keep raging about the devs decision

For Fuck sake ..

"Culminating the five years of Early Access Alpha development, our massively popular survival game DayZ has reached an important milestone and entered the BETA stage of development - the last step before a final release of the game scheduled for the end of this year" .

taken from their beta blog that can be found on the BI website .....

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

1 minute ago, Private Evans said:

For Fuck sake ..

"Culminating the five years of Early Access Alpha development, our massively popular survival game DayZ has reached an important milestone and entered the BETA stage of development - the last step before a final release of the game scheduled for the end of this year" .

He's a hypocrite and/or an idiot, maybe even a troll, either way he cannot be reasoned with, and he very clearly don't want to anyway.
Don't feed him, just let it go and leave him in his puddle, or it won't stop.

• Beans 1

22 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

For Fuck sake ..

All I can say about this: rofl. Clearly he doesn't even know his own shit.

The feedback tracker is down:

A Troublesome Encounter!

Woe! This request had its journey cut short by unexpected circumstances (Can Not Connect to MySQL).

When I click to enter the servers pops up a window saying bad version as I return my Dayz to the previous version to be able to play on the servers?

49 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

For Fuck sake ..

*slow clap*  Finally, someone has pulled their head out of their ass and posted useful information without spewing gibberish about how idiotic the developers are.  Congratulations!!!!  Have a lollipop.  Yet that is a blog and again, DayZ is going to leave Early Access with a PC 1.0 update on December 13th, does not say the full release.  Maybe they should rewrite that piece and state it as the full release.  You know something like this, " DayZ is going to leave Early Access with a full release PC 1.0 update on December 13th, after almost exactly 5 years in open development!"

Oh, my bad.  I forgot, that's the end of development and it's all going to be up to the modders to complete the game for BI

Edited by Guy Smiley
  • Confused 1

Now the feedback tracker is giving this error:

PhabricatorClusterStrandedException

Unable to establish a connection to any database host (while trying "production_maniphest"). All masters and replicas are completely unreachable.

AphrontConnectionQueryException: Attempt to connect to phabricator-prod@10.100.40.4 failed with error #2002: Cannot assign requested address.

• Sad 1

It took me seven shots, point blank, to down a cow elk with a shotgun last night.
There is a house in the southwest, near a radio tower, that is always swarming with zombies. Logged in and out there a few times over the past couple weeks, and it was always surrounded with multiple zombies.  Kinda neat, but for a lone house in the wilderness, it seems a bit much.  They must be guarding the Lada.

In related news: Ruined Denim Shorts now come with a sporty new ruined legs texture.
89130E44393364137391D74DA8246F20631DB5B0

Unfortunatley, this is all I had time to test before getting frustrated by wasting write cycles on my SSD every other time I try to log into a server.

One more thing.  The cooking pot now makes noise while cooking on a gas stove, and the sound changes when boiling/braising is finished.  Unfortunately, dry baking/frying in a pot gives no audio cues, and resulted in burnt chicken breasts.  I don't know how long this has been in the game, but I'm super stoked about it.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Beans 2

So today is server maintenance...are our bases gonna dissapear?

• Sad 1

I never understood what the maintenance does. Does it apply the experimental patch on the stable branch? Restart the servers? Wipe the servers? 

My feedback after tried last Exp build:

- today I played for 2 hours, without crash or big stability issues, well session (DE 1-5 server, low population when I joined, no players encountered, all time spent in Berezino);

- infected AI: for me it's a lot better (not excellent, but good for now, than previous builds), for example I was in a house with 3 entrance doors, an infected stand just outside the building and I closed that doors in him face, then I moved upstairs; the infected moved around the building and went inside using another entrance (I closed only 1 door). I can't see any teleporting in all infected encountered, and now they are more dangerous than previous build (too weak when they hit, make too few damage, now they make more damage, still not make bleeding). A bad thing is they spawn near to you, few meters, right in your face: this is not good and in my opinion needs to be tweaked (ok attracting infected after make noise like a gunshot, but at least they should spawn near to you but not in your face);

- different inventory capacity of dress: at least now it makes sense to swap the initial hoodie with other heavier clothes to have more slots (like bomber jacket for example, heavier but 10 slots plus then hoodie), doing an upgrade for the character then only appearance choice;

- cutting down threes with an axe: durability is longer then previous builds but in my opinion needs to be increased again (but after about 10 trees the axe is ruined, OK I think devs want to made harder to obtain planks for base building but really in real life an axe can only cut down 10 trees????). I repaired that axe with a duct tape: really???? That's not good, how it is possible do repair (sharpen in this example)a metal item with a duct tape???

- I read about some people have trouble to remove a magazine from a weapon and can't do that: I found only a IJ-70 with a magazine (7 bullets)and I can normally remove and reinsert the magazine;

- eating cans of food requires less time, this is good.

Clearly the game tomorrow will reach 1.0 but only with a label that rename the version in "Stable 1.0" (only the name, for now the game will be still alpha in my opinion): at the moment the game (with some fix to stability and crash)it's at least playable and fruitable, but the big issue apart from lack of features and content (survival aspects like diseases, body temperature that afflicts your health, fractures, items, weapons, vehicles etc etc)is about persistance that makes no sense and useless the new features introduced in beta version (basebuilding and cars), some suggestions for Devs:

- can you make possible to assign same key to sprint and hold breath in aim? Right now they are separate commands row in keybindgs list, and it's not possible to set same key fot both actions. So can you group those 2 actions in same row and then in the same key? (Like other game I know, usually left SHIFT to sprint and hold breath in aim);

- can you introduce an option to choose when enter ADS you can release RMB click? And not must holding RMB to remain ADS like now, maybe this it's good in melee combat but have to hold all the time RMB when you are aiming it's not comfortable. So, after click MMB when holding RMB, and when you entered in ADS you can release the RMB (and click one time again to exit ADS view). Is it a good suggestion (at least by an option)?;

- maybe spawn with only a shirt and not an hoodie like 0.62 spawn.

Thanks for attention, good luck for the tomorrow release.