TheYetiBum

Staroye tents server hoppers go for the Long sleep

So I walked up from the coast and figured id checkout Staroye tents, I'm on a full server so figured it'd already be stripped clean, I hear a shot as I'm approaching so hunker down and have a little peekero inside & see a player climbing into the camo tower, I see him reloading a magazine. Then I see him sitting down to log out upstairs ready to go hop Into another server to steal loot from that servers constituents trying to play legitimately. So up raises my BK-18 and goodbye goes the little scummy server hopper. 'Well done' in says to myself, bravo. But lo and behold as I approach the tower, I literally see another player pop into existence in the top floor of the camo tower! Yet another military tents server hopper, guess what? Mr BK-18 proceeds to one tap this chump to the heart.

I can accept any play style, but spawning at electro, running to Staroye to server hop and farm an AR, ballistic vest, helmet & tacbac inevitably to go back to the coast and shoot fresh spawns is not a playstyle it's cheating and makes you an as*hole. The end ;)

Edited by TheYetiBum
Can't spell for sh*t
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

You did good. There's been server hoppers for as long as DayZ exists. Was like that in the mod and still is like that in the Stand Alone. What "fixed" it for me is private hives. I play on full pop private servers so I can avoid this, and most hackers/cheaters too. Official servers are a hazard and sometimes a plague. 

• Like 3

You could probably sit and watch that camo tower and rack up kills all day, always see people camping and logging up there. Probably more so on low pop servers than high pop

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

You did good. There's been server hoppers for as long as DayZ exists. Was like that in the mod and still is like that in the Stand Alone. What "fixed" it for me is private hives. I play on full pop private servers so I can avoid this, and most hackers/cheaters too. Official servers are a hazard and sometimes a plague. 

Yep wish console had the option for private servers but that's a long way away if it comes at all. Maybe after 1.0 they'll implement some servers where characters are locked to that specific server, those servers will separate the men from the boys ;)

• Like 2
  • Beans 2

13 minutes ago, Arctic Volkssturm said:

You could probably sit and watch that camo tower and rack up kills all day, always see people camping and logging up there. Probably more so on low pop servers than high pop

Yep I've been shot at a few times by people campin up there, guess your more likely to find easy targets as most people will have an ij pistol, or BK-18 & other low tier weapons so if your into KOS it's a low risk gunfight ifyour  rocking an AR with a long range scope, I'm personally not into KOS and never stay in one place to long unless I'm starting a fire to dry out or cook, base build etc. But I get bored liein in the grass hard scoping into military bases for an hour hoping to kill an unaware low geared dude. But thats the appeal of DayZ , many ways to play but server hoppers are subhuman as far as I'm concerned lmao

• Like 2

You are doing goes work. Well done. 

I only play high pop servers to avoid hoppers. They are too chickenshit to hop onto big servers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

I only play high pop servers to avoid hoppers. They are too chickenshit to hop onto big servers

I'd usually agree but I was on a high pop server, had to queue for ages to get in as it's one of the few   That aren't bugged. Blessed be the day time free from rain! Some server hoppers are not only coward but also dumb enough to waste there time hopping into max capacity servers. Bless there cotton socks

1 hour ago, TheYetiBum said:

I'd usually agree but I was on a high pop server, had to queue for ages to get in as it's one of the few   That aren't bugged. Blessed be the day time free from rain! Some server hoppers are not only coward but also dumb enough to waste there time hopping into max capacity servers. Bless there cotton socks

Cayde will be missed!

8 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

Yeah, that’s a good theory that I can agree with, thus I’ve only been joining maxed out servers.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 1:46 PM, TheYetiBum said:

I can accept any play style, but spawning at electro, running to Staroye to server hop and farm an AR, ballistic vest, helmet & tacbac inevitably to go back to the coast and shoot fresh spawns is not a playstyle it's cheating and makes you an as*hole. The end ;)

some people do indeed do that and yes they are assholes, but most of the people that's server hop and go back to Electro are looking for gun fights with other geared players. Just saying ...