DayzDayzFanboy

Ghillie suits

Not sure if they're in now, but I found some netting. Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of such crafting options or is it just used for base building camo netting? 

Don't trust me on my word but I think I had bulrap and some netting on me once and I think I tried to combine them but it was red, so I don't think they are out yet. I'm not very sure, though.

• Thanks 1

Yeah don't think there out yet, I know they aren't on vanilla  PC stable servers yet. It's not camo netting you combine with burlap strips it's fishing netting from boat spawns on the coast and as far as I know they aren't back I yet. Plus no spray paint I game yet either so you couldn't colour your ghillie suit or ghillie wrap either. Pretty sure when they were removed awhile back with 0.63 they said that the ghillies would be getting a rework and remodel anyway so I'm sure we would get a dedicated dev post when there implemented again. I feel your pain, I too wish to be a bush wookie

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arctic Volkssturm said:

Did you try to cut the sack into strips with a knife first?

Oh so it seems like I forgot about it, I had shit tons of ghillies way back but I forgot that I need to cut them first. Well, you'll have to search for bulraps then. :D

3 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Yeah don't think there out yet, I know they aren't on vanilla  PC stable servers yet. It's not camo netting you combine with burlap strips it's fishing netting from boat spawns on the coast and as far as I know they aren't back I yet. Plus no spray paint I game yet either so you couldn't colour your ghillie suit or ghillie wrap either. Pretty sure when they were removed awhile back with 0.63 they said that the ghillies would be getting a rework and remodel anyway so I'm sure we would get a dedicated dev post when there implemented again. I feel your pain, I too wish to be a bush wookie

I have camo netting and regular netting they're both in game

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arctic Volkssturm said:

I have camo netting and regular netting they're both in game

Holy sh*t, the gods of dayz shine upon you! Well maybe it's been sneakily implemented? Burlap sacks are 100% ingame right now too, I'm wearing a boar skin improvised bag so I can confirm that atleast. Takes quite a few sacks to get the required strips of burlap tho, where did you find the fishing netting? Would be helpful to know where to start searching so I can help answer this mystery.

• Like 1

Oh and car garages are the best place to find burlap sacks, they actually seem to spawn slightly more than pre update for me but it's all RNG so hard to tell, but I'd advise hitting up industrial areas with lots of garages.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Holy sh*t, the gods of dayz shine upon you! Well maybe it's been sneakily implemented? Burlap sacks are 100% ingame right now too, I'm wearing a boar skin improvised bag so I can confirm that atleast. Takes quite a few sacks to get the required strips of burlap tho, where did you find the fishing netting? Would be helpful to know where to start searching so I can help answer this mystery.

Found it in a military shipping container at NWAF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arctic Volkssturm said:

Found it in a military shipping container at NWAF

Weird they usually only spawned on boats at coast before in 0.62 . I'm by NWAF now so I'll go check it out and see if I can find one for science. Wish me luck

• Like 1

Just now, TheYetiBum said:

Weird they usually only spawned on boats at coast before in 0.62 . I'm by NWAF now so I'll go check it out and see if I can find one for science. Wish me luck

I thought it was a weird place to drop too, the camo netting I found in military barracks up there along with a large military tent 

Can't remember what I had, think it just said netting and I'm dead now so will have to find more! 

I've just found  1 netting so if I can find a burlap sack I'll see if I can craft a ghillie wrap for my AK , no way am I gonna find four lots of netting and a load of sacks before Monday-Tuesday when I'm sure a stability update will be released and everything will be wiped. But if it'll allow me I craft a ghillie wrap my assumption would be the suits craftable too, we shall see .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

I've just found  1 netting so if I can find a burlap sack I'll see if I can craft a ghillie wrap for my AK , no way am I gonna find four lots of netting and a load of sacks before Monday-Tuesday when I'm sure a stability update will be released and everything will be wiped. But if it'll allow me I craft a ghillie wrap my assumption would be the suits craftable too, we shall see .

Ive gotten 4 Elecktro and Cherno spawns on 2 accounts, I figured I'd run the coast to Balota, stay low key then hit woods to see what I can build. Well boat spawns are ridiculously good for netting, food, drink and dry bags. Cherno's SeaCans at port- hit or miss with RNG but I have found fish netting in the green cans. You're dead on with the burlap, and they seem to spawn more at the small tool shops now too. I'm forgetting something else in regards to netting but If you'd like a bear trap they spawn at the summer camps. 

Yeah found a bear trap and left it on a bridge. Ran back that way later and nearly ran over it myself. Doh

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yeah found a bear trap and left it on a bridge. Ran back that way later and nearly ran over it myself. Doh

I almost sacrificed my character for the sake of experimentation, was wondering if it was bugged or not lol. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Just ghillied my Ak

Beat me to it, just need a burlap sack and I'm good to go. I'm assuming the ghillie suits craftable too but it used to need 4 netting and a tonne of sacks to craft. Doubt I'll find that before the next wipe 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Beat me to it, just need a burlap sack and I'm good to go. I'm assuming the ghillie suits craftable too but it used to need 4 netting and a tonne of sacks to craft. Doubt I'll find that before the next wipe 

I had the option to craft the hood or weapon with one netting and two sacks I cut up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Oh and car garages are the best place to find burlap sacks, they actually seem to spawn slightly more than pre update for me but it's all RNG so hard to tell, but I'd advise hitting up industrial areas with lots of garages.

do you mean the garage building with multiple red doors?

7 hours ago, Wolf1776 said:

I almost sacrificed my character for the sake of experimentation, was wondering if it was bugged or not lol. 

Doesn't seem bugged.  Have found a few at hunter stands.  They do relatively little damage right now.   Likely because bleeding and broken legs aren't fully fleshed out right now.  Somewhat related, landmines are also not bugged.  However, it is unwise to try to use one to nudge your ADA off of obstacles when they get stuck.  You die and the car gets nuked.  /facepalm

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pedro135 said:

do you mean the garage building with multiple red doors?

Yep those one dude. Good luck

• Like 1