DayzDayzFanboy

Ghillie suits

Yes, ghillie suits are in game. I've already crafted a full set. Pointless though, as they aren't very good at concealment due to sparse foliage along the ground on xbox. No backpack can be worn when wearing the full suit, gets super soaked when in rain, making it very heavy, clipping issues with clothing underneath, issues with ghillie suit being in the way while aiming down sight and prone. Not even just the ghille hood, but the entire main piece is in the way of the scope. Still no hold breath mechanic so you can't just crouch and work around the issue that way. Super cool in theory, but it needs work.

Will I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I have netting and burlap strips and I'm not getting any crafting options

I've crafted the ghillie hat and ghillie wrap for rifles a few times now. You need normal netting not camo netting and two burlap strips (2 burlap sacks torn cut up) then just combine one netting with a stack of two strips. You'll have to tap RT to switch to the gun ghillie wrap though as the first recipe is the ghillie hat. Hope that helps

I have four 'netting' and five burlap strips. I place netting in hand and select strip and press B to combine. It exits inventory but I get no craft option. 

Also wondered, when I tear up burlap with a steak knife I only get one strip. Surely it would give at least two? 

33 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I have four 'netting' and five burlap strips. I place netting in hand and select strip and press B to combine. It exits inventory but I get no craft option. 

Also wondered, when I tear up burlap with a steak knife I only get one strip. Surely it would give at least two? 

Are you definitely only holding one netting and combining with a stack of two burlap strips? Also yes you only get one burlap strip from a sack, weird I know but thinks it's meant to say burlap strips. Just make sure you're not trying to combine all your strips and all your nets at the same time as recipes require specific stacks of each in order to give the prompt. If your using to many in a stack or too little it won't give a recipe crafting prompt.

In anything but a clear day the ghillie is an invisibility cloak. Me and a few buddy's got one and played a game of hide and seek.. In a field... Nobody won. 

In fog, you can literally just crouch in a field, and your now a shrub.

On 25/11/2018 at 9:13 AM, JusticeEMU. said:

Yes, ghillie suits are in game. I've already crafted a full set. Pointless though, as they aren't very good at concealment due to sparse foliage along the ground on xbox. No backpack can be worn when wearing the full suit, gets super soaked when in rain, making it very heavy, clipping issues with clothing underneath, issues with ghillie suit being in the way while aiming down sight and prone. Not even just the ghille hood, but the entire main piece is in the way of the scope. Still no hold breath mechanic so you can't just crouch and work around the issue that way. Super cool in theory, but it needs work.

Go prone, hold LT and turn onto your back, no issues with ads like this

20 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Are you definitely only holding one netting and combining with a stack of two burlap strips? Also yes you only get one burlap strip from a sack, weird I know but thinks it's meant to say burlap strips. Just make sure you're not trying to combine all your strips and all your nets at the same time as recipes require specific stacks of each in order to give the prompt. If your using to many in a stack or too little it won't give a recipe crafting prompt.

Ah, so you have to combine the strips first? I just assumed it was the same as improvised backpacks where it just gave the option of all the parts were in your inventory. 

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Ah, so you have to combine the strips first? I just assumed it was the same as improvised backpacks where it just gave the option of all the parts were in your inventory. 

Yeah it's a specific recipe of exactly 2 burplap strips. You can split apart stacks in your inventory using X and combine them together by holding one in your hand and pressing B on the one in your inventory you want to combine it with. You can do this with anything stackable like bullets firewood rags etc.

• Thanks 2

I can confirm ghillie suits are in the game, I've made one! Just look up how much you need to make it. you most likely Just didn't have enough parts

34 minutes ago, bandito6000 said:

I can confirm ghillie suits are in the game, I've made one! Just look up how much you need to make it. you most likely Just didn't have enough parts

I had enough parts but I hadn't combined the burlap strips into a stack. Next time I find some I'll try again.