RaptorM60

Basebuilding & Vehicles Update

3 minutes ago, W. S. said:

"but it's not unplayeable aslong as you don't hang around big towns" No I'm sorry but even in small villages the game is awful, zombies (well infected) are white (I mean with no textures) and houses are invisible for a few seconds, sounds desync and so on... not fun AT ALL to play!

I'm getting lag in big cities, but everywhere else seems reasonable. I don't know what would cause worse lag on some xbox's than others as I'm not an expert on computers. Connection quality? System cache? Internal vs external hard drive? Anyone have any clue? 

Just now, RaptorM60 said:

If we could fix it right away, we, of course, would, but first, we need to identify what's causing the performance issues.

Server configuration is a less complicated matter, though it's also not a straightforward fix and it's possible we won't fix it today if we don't find a solution. Like I said earlier, we'll look into the weather settings, but so we did before we released the update and there still is a bug. 

Please be patient guys, we're working on it. Thanks :) 

Hi, I know you're working on it guys :-) I'm just very sad because I love your game and now on OG XB1 it is not playable at all (and me and my mates are not going to play it untill you fixed it).  Best regards.

2 minutes ago, W. S. said:

"but it's not unplayeable aslong as you don't hang around big towns" No I'm sorry but even in small villages the game is awful, zombies (well infected) are white (I mean with no textures) and houses are invisible for a few seconds, sounds desync and so on... not fun AT ALL to play!

I feel ya dude and trust me I wish it ran better too, but just try and remember game preview is games bug testing essentially , with an update added multiple new larges mechanics & items plus map changes there's always gonna be a tonne of bugs. But truly unplayeable would be crashing out to menu on launch 100% of the time, not wanting to play & report bugs because of increased rendering time & fps/sound hitching isn't unplayable it's just aggravating if games testing isn't your jam. And that totally okay, just take a break for a few weeks , come back & I'm sure it'll be more stable and less prone to cause brain bleeding lol. I'm not cussing you out or deeming your opinion less valid than mine either, if you aren't having fun and want to have fun on dayz just accept that you gonna have to leave it awhile, but unfortunately this is how game preview and games in development to sometimes, those who risk failing big are the ones who stand to gain great success , unfortunately it doesn't always pan out.

1 minute ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I'm getting lag in big cities, but everywhere else seems reasonable. I don't know what would cause worse lag on some xbox's than others as I'm not an expert on computers. Connection quality? System cache? Internal vs external hard drive? Anyone have any clue? 

I don't know, my connection is good, before the update the game was OK, beautiful and smooth. are you playing on OG XB1 or X ?

Just now, W. S. said:

I don't know, my connection is good, before the update the game was OK, beautiful and smooth. are you playing on OG XB1 or X ?

Just xbox one. I get very laggy zombies on cities making melee very sketchy so I'm avoiding them. Having said that, I was in cherno last night, and it was a bit laggy, but the zombies ignored me so I made hay whilst the sun didn't shine, looted up and got out of Dodge! 

1 hour ago, RaptorM60 said:

Careful, we did not say that fixes for other issues are coming right away guys. We're going to take a look at the weather situation today and see what we can do. The rest of the issues will very likely take much longer than that.

Could you take a gander at the tent inventory? The tent icon while opening the inventory is laggy, I noticed with a camo net there’s a animation that plays, there’s 4 tents that are moving in the left corner. Probably causing some of the problems with the lag

7 minutes ago, u.s. army rangers said:

Just my opinion made it up to VYBOR since then have not been playing due to constant freezing 

This is the issue that is non stop for me right now made a video only 16sec  "Pre update it was fine"

https://streamable.com/mmxj2

Lol WTF?!!

7 minutes ago, likejessejames said:

Could you take a gander at the tent inventory? The tent icon while opening the inventory is laggy, I noticed with a camo net there’s a animation that plays, there’s 4 tents that are moving in the left corner. Probably causing some of the problems with the lag

And the fact that every item is rendered in tent inventory and backpack.

28 minutes ago, RaptorM60 said:

If we could fix it right away, we, of course, would, but first, we need to identify what's causing the performance issues. And just to be clear, this is an issue on all consoles, not just the OG.

Server configuration is a less complicated matter, though it's also not a straightforward fix and it's possible we won't fix it today if we don't find a solution. Like I said earlier, we'll look into the weather settings, but so we did before we released the update and there still is a bug. 

Please be patient guys, we're working on it. Thanks :) 

I appreciate all the hard work...

I have un-installed and re-installed the entire game, it seems much better. im not in a large town so I may encounter issues. fingers crossed for a speedy recovery and fix.

cheers  GT - TheSpunkyNun85

Well I've just played for 24hours solid and my brain can't take anymore of being awake, even thought the internal loot goblin is dying  to continue. Good luck BI dev team with hunting out those server bugs & hopefully finding some solutions. Whether you iron the servers out or not by the time I wake up I'll still be loading and adventuring around chernarus 

My two cents on stability, connection, and fps. 

I was running on the OG(real OG, had since release Xmas) until I upgraded to the X this black friday, and wow, the difference is -a s t o u n d i n g-. 

On the OG, large cities were unplayable, especially in the rain, buildings being play dough, or not rendering at all, sometimes they would pop in, other times I was running into invisible buildings/scenery/sand bags/tents etc. 

Sound lagged terribly, sometimes the sound would just stop, completely. 

Frame rates would be all over the place and rarely at 30.

On the X now, fps is stable 30 90% of the time, still have some rendering issues but all buildings "pop" back in less than a second, but because the fps is staying consistent its not that noticeable( Eg fields by berenzino, if looking away from the city doing a fast 180 there will briefly be no city, and then it all pops in. This happens to trees and even grass sometimes) 

However, overall, im playing a different game. 

Loading the game back up and rejoining after a crash is now a quarter of the time it took on OG, and small pockets of fps drops aside, it's running smooth. 

Another point would be looting, on the OG attempting to loot someone's body, every, single, time, there would be a freeze up opening inventory, sometimes for 15-20 seconds at a time, every time you opened invent with a body in range.(even if the body was an empty zombie) 

This just doesn't happen on the X, the longest delay I've had looting, even with 4/5 bags around me is like 500ms, MUCH better for combat looting etc. 

So I know the X is more powerful, but I wasn't expecting this drastic difference(similar changes on Pubg, it runs like a proper game now) 

Just one more thing I noticed, I have a 300mbs line and use WiFi, on the OG I averaged 50-70mbs over WiFi, the X in the same place is getting 150mbs consistently. So I dunno if the extra bandwidth is also doing me favours. 

Tl dr, buy an X, and probably an external SSD (got one on order) 

41 minutes ago, Nitroglycerine said:

mYMy two cents on stability, connection, and fps. 

I was running on the OG(real OG, had since release Xmas) until I upgraded to the X this black friday, and wow, the difference is -a s t o u n d i n g-. 

On the OG, large cities were unplayable, especially in the rain, buildings being play dough, or not rendering at all, sometimes they would pop in, other times I was running into invisible buildings/scenery/sand bags/tents etc. 

Sound lagged terribly, sometimes the sound would just stop, completely. 

Frame rates would be all over the place and rarely at 30.

On the X now, fps is stable 30 90% of the time, still have some rendering issues but all buildings "pop" back in less than a second, but because the fps is staying consistent its not that noticeable( Eg fields by berenzino, if looking away from the city doing a fast 180 there will briefly be no city, and then it all pops in. This happens to trees and even grass sometimes) 

However, overall, im playing a different game. 

Loading the game back up and rejoining after a crash is now a quarter of the time it took on OG, and small pockets of fps drops aside, it's running smooth. 

Another point would be looting, on the OG attempting to loot someone's body, every, single, time, there would be a freeze up opening inventory, sometimes for 15-20 seconds at a time, every time you opened invent with a body in range.(even if the body was an empty zombie) 

This just doesn't happen on the X, the longest delay I've had looting, even with 4/5 bags around me is like 500ms, MUCH better for combat looting etc. 

So I know the X is more powerful, but I wasn't expecting this drastic difference(similar changes on Pubg, it runs like a proper game now) 

Just one more thing I noticed, I have a 300mbs line and use WiFi, on the OG I averaged 50-70mbs over WiFi, the X in the same place is getting 150mbs consistently. So I dunno if the extra bandwidth is also doing me favours. 

Tl dr, buy an X, and probably an external SSD (got one on order) 

My Mrs would kill me if I went out and got an xbox x. I have had this since release too. 

Compass is “glitched” - Just found out that when equipped in hands it will point in the correct direction, but if left open and viewed in the hot bar/quickslot or inventory it moves 90° to the right.

Ex: Compass when held in hands points South, when using quickslot and changing to another item, Compass points East when looking at Quickslot. Changing back to Compass in hands it points South again when equipped.

:) I spent a long time debating it, they aren't cheap, but I'm only really playing this and pubg at the moment, and I don't regret it at all

1 minute ago, Nitroglycerine said:

:) I spent a long time debating it, they aren't cheap, but I'm only really playing this and pubg at the moment, and I don't regret it at all

Might wait for the January sales. 

Okay, that’s the third pistol I’ve had that jammed in this one session. All worn. I’m done for awhile

Just now, TheSpunkyNun1985 said:

Might wait for the January sales. 

I don't know if your in UK or not but you can trade your old one in at game for around £100 credit towards the X depending on condition. 

Or gumtree for that matter 

1 hour ago, likejessejames said:

Okay, that’s the third pistol I’ve had that jammed in this one session. All worn. I’m done for awhile

My worn FNX45 with a pristine mag and pristine bullets jammes after about 7 shots...

I hope this is not a recurring thing, because right now I hardly dare fire my weapons.

PS - is the gunshot-sound missing all around?

15 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

My worn FNX45 with a pristine mag and pristine bullets jammes after about 7 shots...

I hope this is not a recurring thing, because right now I hardly dare fire my weapons.

PS - is the gunshot-sound missing all around?

All three of my fns jammed. All within 3 hours. All with pristine mags and worn handgun. As far as I can tell it’s just random so it’s not even worth all the time I’ve put finding my M4 with a suppressor and atog. I can fire once and it’ll all disappear

Edited by Guest
Spelling

Has anyone been able to find a car yet? I’ve tried checking multiple spawn locations to no avail, so I was wondering if anyone else had any luck.

Edited by MercilessTrooper

Hopefully we can get a hot fix this week for the gun jams, relieve atkeast some FPS drops and the rain. Don’t feel like waiting a whole 2 months again

Any word on a server fix for night and rain? I know the devs have only been back a day so not expecting miracles as it could be a tricky server setting problem.

Also has there been any confirmation that the lada 4x4 is actually spawning by a community manager or BI team member since they've been back in office? Just curious, I've searched high & low but not found one yet but there a rare spawn I should imagine.

anyway hope the dev same not suffering from migraines and nose bleeds today as the bugs fix list must look like an insurmountable task, I'll be playing regardless of a fix for servers or bugs , dayZ addict confirmed lol