RaptorM60

Basebuilding & Vehicles Update

3 hours ago, Cookster1234 said:

Is the update out today for xbox as you said it would be thanks

They never said a update would come out Monday. They said when they got back into the office on Monday that they would then start looking into the reports and begin trying to find a solution for the bugs and other issues that have popped up. IF a patch does come this week or any sort of update don't expect anything until later in the week they need time to identify what is causing the problems and then they have to begin working on a solution this could go either one or two ways a simple fix or something more complicated. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FearThePitBull said:

They never said a update would come out Monday. They said when they got back into the office on Monday that they would then start looking into the reports and begin trying to find a solution for the bugs and other issues that have popped up. IF a patch does come this week or any sort of update don't expect anything until later in the week they need time to identify what is causing the problems and then they have to begin working on a solution this could go either one or two ways a simple fix or something more complicated. 

I was about to write that.

People need to understand that fixes are not resolved with a finger snap, they need to identify the issue, fix it, test it to see if it's all good, and later go through a certification process before they launch.

Guys, let's give the devs time to work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarczXD320 said:

I was about to write that.

People need to understand that fixes are not resolved with a finger snap, they need to identify the issue, fix it, test it to see if it's all good, and later go through a certification process before they launch.

Guys, let's give the devs time to work.

Yes! They have to go through the Microsoft submission red tape too remember!

2 hours ago, FearThePitBull said:

Thats not right Bro, they say on xbox community on last Sunday: "Survivors, even though we changed the weather configuration with the Basebuilding & Vehicles Update, DayZ gods decided to pour some more rain on chernarus. Also night time. Keep your raincoats tight until Monday, we're gonna try and settle things before this turns into another apocalypse ;)"

Just something I've noticed which may help with troubleshooting the performance issues. Hoping RaptorM60 sees this.

I've noticed various post process settings applied on the newest update such as god rays/light shafts as well as depth of field blur when aiming weapons. I'm also fairly certain that the overall render distance was increased as well as LOD's of trees and bushes. (I'm not 100% sure on the latter). These were NOT present before the patch and could be unintended, I'm not sure whether the devs decided to add this or not.

This could be nothing but I thought I'd share. Maybe it leads to something not already known.

Edited by Lambicus

1 hour ago, Lambicus said:

Just something I've noticed which may help with troubleshooting the performance issues. Hoping RaptorM60 sees this.

I've noticed various post process settings applied on the newest update such as god rays/light shafts as well as depth of field blur when aiming weapons. I'm also fairly certain that the overall render distance was increased as well as LOD's of trees and bushes. (I'm not 100% sure on the latter). These were NOT present before the patch and could be unintended, I'm not sure whether the devs decided to add this or not.

This could be nothing but I thought I'd share. Maybe it leads to something not already known.

They updated the graphics to match the PC version but i believe it's just a case of lack of optimization, i actually liked the visual updates and i hope they don't remove.

There's going to be an optimization patch for it.

1 hour ago, Chris1283 said:

Thats not right Bro, they say on xbox community on last Sunday: "Survivors, even though we changed the weather configuration with the Basebuilding & Vehicles Update, DayZ gods decided to pour some more rain on chernarus. Also night time. Keep your raincoats tight until Monday, we're gonna try and settle things before this turns into another apocalypse ;)"

Okay? But again, they NEVER said anything was going to happen Monday for a fact. They said we are going to try and settle things so NOWHERE is it mentioned that ANYTHING would definitely come out first thing Monday morning, afternoon or evening. Please try to read what the devs say properly and don't misquote what they say as it causes alot of people to jump the gun with he said, she said nonsense. Not even trying to be rude but people gotta learn how to read these comments properly.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

Day 5: The rains haven’t stopped. My clothes are soaked through and through. My base on on top of green mountain is slowly being engulfed by the floods. I’ve resorted to using a hammer as a melee weapon because i have no idea on how to pull the bolt back. If you’re reading this I fear that I’ve run of out of human steak

Firstly I would like to thank the Dev team for pushing this update out. Us Console gamers have been waiting for this and it is great to see it here. So thanks again for getting it out for us to play.

Bugs I've come up against.

Frame Rate Drops: So much that it actually saved my life. I player tried to shoot me on sight and the frame glitches made him miss every shot. It isn't fair on him, he had the jump and that should of been a kill.

Stove Can't Hold Pot: I can set up a gas stove, turn it on but can't place down the pot

Inventory: Same glitches and crashes as everyone else. The Y to drop is so frustrating.

Zombie: Some zombies are half in the floors of the houses so its hard to punch them to kill.

Sound: This is the worst one for me and it is a delay in the sound. I can walk into a room and my footsteps have to catch up. Has led to some scary moments where I thought I was followed but it is very frustrating.

Anyone heard if BI have given word on a server fix for the perma night/rain bugged servers? I know it's only been a few days but figured some word would have been given about how a fix is coming along? 

24 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Anyone heard if BI have given word on a server fix for the perma night/rain bugged servers? I know it's only been a few days but figured some word would have been given about how a fix is coming along? 

This is the only thing they have posted recently regarding servers (you may have seen this already)

As the first change to the weather situation, the server time acceleration has been changed. Day and night now last about 90 minutes each, so night time should be less of an issue. We're still figuring out a fix for the constant downpour.

• Like 1

@RaptorM60 Can you confirm vehicles are 100% in?

Ive spoken to a heap of people and no one has seen a car.

• Like 2

still dark and rain, when we expect flashlights for guns? or NVG?

Edited by jedimfp

Found a glitch where the silencer doesnt work and the sound attracts zombies.

5 minutes ago, Ryan JG said:

Found a glitch where the silencer doesnt work and the sound attracts zombies.

is ruined? i have ruined silencer on weapon and looks still workning but no sound gun

sometimes cant run,have half of stamina but running very slow like walking.hlep relog.stamina bar have same color,dont see recharging.in pavlovo have trhee crash in five minutes,just running

Burlap sack is bugged, after taking it off screen is still black until re log

11 hours ago, FearThePitBull said:

This is the only thing they have posted recently regarding servers (you may have seen this already)

As the first change to the weather situation, the server time acceleration has been changed. Day and night now last about 90 minutes each, so night time should be less of an issue. We're still figuring out a fix for the constant downpour.

Thanks that's helpful , I hadn't seen that post. Good to know, shame night isn't abit shorter than daytime though but a lot better than perma Inky black night lol. 

Edited by TheYetiBum

On 26/11/2018 at 7:33 PM, FearThePitBull said:

I understand that but the weather and one and a half hours day and night is not long enough day time to try out the building we cant get used to the gear put in because the dark and heavy rain together make it to dificalt and that only needs tweaking no major work their to be adjusted 

At this point I'm 99% certain that cars aren't spawning. I've been on high population servers for atleast four hours everyday since the update came out, I've not found a car, heard a car or met anyone in game who has either. I have 6 other friends who play frequently for lengthy periods also and they've not had a sniff of a vehicle either

any chance a BI representative can clarify if the car spawns are bugged? I haven't seen a single comment from the community manager regarding vehicles since the update & quite a few people have been enquiring. 

Any info would be greatly appreciated :) 

• Like 1

Found a glitch with the Hammer. When hovering over any rock it says mine and when you perform that action the game freezes every time.

Edited by Ryan JG

Car found at Krasnoe server NL 834. It needs a radiator and 3 wheels....maybe bring some more bits just incase

Edited by Gav Williams

I'm still waiting for a official dev statement regarding cars suddenly working now.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 4:46 PM, Ryan JG said:

Firstly I would like to thank the Dev team for pushing this update out. Us Console gamers have been waiting for this and it is great to see it here. So thanks again for getting it out for us to play.

Bugs I've come up against.

Frame Rate Drops: So much that it actually saved my life. I player tried to shoot me on sight and the frame glitches made him miss every shot. It isn't fair on him, he had the jump and that should of been a kill.

Stove Can't Hold Pot: I can set up a gas stove, turn it on but can't place down the pot

Inventory: Same glitches and crashes as everyone else. The Y to drop is so frustrating.

Zombie: Some zombies are half in the floors of the houses so its hard to punch them to kill.

Sound: This is the worst one for me and it is a delay in the sound. I can walk into a room and my footsteps have to catch up. Has led to some scary moments where I thought I was followed but it is very frustrating.

With gas stove in hand while hovering over pot, it's either X to equip or B to combine. Hope this helps.