RaptorM60

Xbox Development Briefing - November 16, 2018

4 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I wasn't asking you, but seeing how you felt the need to answer for him, I don't have any Probs with hit reg. I seem to die when shot and people die when I shoot them. 

Not my argument, but literaly 1 minute ago I asked a random guy I seen to kill me because I wanted a new spawn, he shot me in the head 4 times with a pistol and it didnt kill me, he had to kill me with his axe. Not exaggerating.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I wasn't asking you, but seeing how you felt the need to answer for him, I don't have any Probs with hit reg. I seem to die when shot and people die when I shoot them. 

Public forum.

Anyway, "I" is not everyone else. As in there are plenty of survivors having issues with hit reg. It's probably the number one complaint compared to today's fiasco lol

Hit reg hit reg... I put 2 clips on and mp5 only to get his attention so he can turn and shoot me once with a ak, I love it

Anyways I will be here still running when the update is ready. Love the game and can’t wait. 

1 hour ago, awalsh47 said:

Dear Devs

Really enjoying playing this game. I'm disappointed the update isn't landing today but appreciate its just not ready and better safe than sorry and delighted with all the communication you are giving us.

Enjoy weekend and hopefully be back online next week as with news of the wipe my current character got killed purging and it's  not really feasible to go back until post update wipe

definitely feasible man. just don't stash anything, play by the seat of your pants, try some stuff you wouldn't normally do. and thanks for the positivity

Devs that actually take time to give updates..what is this black magic? I was looking forward to the update but they did warn that it could slide from the first announcement so not a big deal, disappointing but not unexpected. As for the "outraged" on here........comedy gold, keep it up LOL

• Haha 2

STATUS UPDATE

extra_large_cropped_escalated-quicly.jpg

Alright guys, sorry for the heartbreaks and irritations, please trust me when I say that we totally understand how much you want this update to happen. We're on the same page ;) Let's start with good news:

We have a good build and it's been submitted a short while ago!

The team worked their butts off today to make this happen, unfortunately now we have to wait to go through the submission. If the submission is successful, we will have a Friday release (despite I mentioned that it's generally not very safe to do updates before the weekend). Now, there is also potentially bad news:

Things can still go wrong during the submission, so there is still a chance we're not gonna make it.

At this point, we've done all we could to make sure there is a release ready. Let's see tomorrow! Thank you once again for the patience. It is very much appreciated.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 5

Thanks for the info on the update (even though it would have been nice to know yesterday) and good work on pushing it through!

Im crossing my fingers.

Edited by Jonas Levin

Wait. Isnt the store getting updated at 7 pm ? ( +1 timezone )

A friday release however is just as okay for me as a next week one.

U folks must have worked your asses off to get everything more stable... Holy moly 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

semi-cleaned.

Be Constructive, Be Tolerant and Behave!

Edited by OrLoK
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

I can’t wait for the drop! Fingers crossed for Friday but won’t be upset if it doesn’t. Either way it will be released. 

Thanks for the update devs! 

• Beans 1

Amazing work guys, we're all very excited about the update and are all eagrly awaiting in anticipation, for it to hopefully pass certification for tomorrow. Also the update after can we get the holsters and ballistic vest full with the pouches and holster on, and balaclavas, gas mask and fast helmets! Please? And is there any plans for new gear like more plate carriers and vests, rigging, BDU's and masks, eyewear and helmets? (Very hopeful in that regards) keep up the hard work guys!

3 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Let some of these people tell it and it's, "but they said it might not happen today, so yumadbro?!"

Of course they did. It was a way to cover their asses, while the black friday deal brings in the sales following the announcement.

who said i was mad?

Also regarding the UI remapping, can we get the ability to manually order our inventories in each individual item slot, so us with OCD can organise our gear accordingly! ?

Edited by GreezeModeSnipez
  • Like 2

I think we should thank the haters, It seems the Devs took the attitude "we will get this out just to shut them up"..........classic, thanks for keeping the community in the loop and thanks for pushing so hard to get it to certification today!

• Thanks 1

Not even mad at the devs, they stated that Thursday was *hoped* for not a 100% guarantee. Keep up the great work on both pc and xbox, the game has come a long way and I personally look forward to many more years of Dayz and what it has to offer. 

• Like 1

Its funny how everyone flipped the script and is now thanking the devs. They could of did everything they could yesterday so we got the patch today. This was piss poor planning and work eithic on thier part they should be ashamed of themselves youd think after 5+ years working on the same game they'd have their shit together by now

• Thanks 1

Yo Raptor.

Same as for the PC Dev team:

Do NOT announce any dates!  no release date, no wishful thinking patch date. Nothing.

You guys, fail to hit them anyway at 90% of time, because some "unexpected" problems came in the way. (not meant in a harsh way). So it is much better for PR to not state them until you are 100% sure you are ready with the things.

Else you will always disappoint the crowd.

The key for PR in software development is to "underpromise and overdeliver". Not the other way around.

Just a little hint.

Edited by krazikilla
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, RaptorM60 said:

STATUS UPDATE

extra_large_cropped_escalated-quicly.jpg

Alright guys, sorry for the heartbreaks and irritations, please trust me when I say that we totally understand how much you want this update to happen. We're on the same page ;) Let's start with good news:

We have a good build and it's been submitted a short while ago!

The team worked their butts off today to make this happen, unfortunately now we have to wait to go through the submission. If the submission is successful, we will have a Friday release (despite I mentioned that it's generally not very safe to do updates before the weekend). Now, there is also potentially bad news:

Things can still go wrong during the submission, so there is still a chance we're not gonna make it.

At this point, we've done all we could to make sure there is a release ready. Let's see tomorrow! Thank you once again for the patience. It is very much appreciated.

Regular updates on updates is a must for this game i.e for character wipes ect

Haha ya know i been just as impatient as all the others hating on the push for update BUT i do like a more stable game i could wait another 4 days but if the devs read all these threads id let the update drop friday and see if they would much rather a buggy crashing game or a more polished one i mean it is a preview game and it does state that before u play the game you may experience those problems but anyways love the game and want to thank all the devs that have a hand in it u guys are doing a great job see u in there if anyone wants to play with me my GT is.  XDevilsXKrotchX.   see ya