ImpulZ

Stable Update 0.63.149464

3 hours ago, drgullen said:

For those getting BSOD, just a thought but try deleting the DayZ folder (with Steam and the game shut down) in your Documents folder and then try it.  This will get rid of any current character you have going, but might be worth it.  I deleted my folder prior to downloading the first Beta patch and I've not had any blue screens on any patch, including this one.

As far as I know your character is saved on the hive not your personal computer as it'd be too easy to give yourself stuff that you wouldn't have gotten normally.

7 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

As far as I know your character is saved on the hive not your personal computer as it'd be too easy to give yourself stuff that you wouldn't have gotten normally.

Not entirely true. Characters also get saved on your personal computer but these are the characters across all the hives. They also store gear but it's pure for esthetic purposes, changing any of the gear won't change it on the online hive.

• Beans 1

I've done this a number of times now, and the blue screens returned at totally unpredictable time intervalls. It may take a day, or half a day, or half a minute.

13 hours ago, Undeceived said:

The freezing effect ......

I absolutely agree, temperature stats are going back to normal too fast. This should not be the case without having a  campfire, extra dry clothes or heatpacks. I really hope deseases and infections will be implemented properly soon ...getting a bad cold and fever after running around in soaked clothes for too long. In this case I also would like to see a small chance of first frost during the nights and maybe mild snowfall as a random weather event  :). Having also really warm days would then make it necessary to use different clothes. 

• Beans 1

On 11/17/2018 at 6:23 PM, BAHADIR said:

Okay which weapons are disabled ? Because I keep finding AKM's, M4's, mp5 and ump's.

All the other weapons.

20 hours ago, PandahFistophacleezeSykes said:

Stable enough for weapons ? Buddy you do realize that the game was stable enough for weapons the very first day of alpha ? the game feels so shallow right now with broken persistence , vehicles , and basebuilding why not just throw in a bunch of weapons and items that we are all missing plus the new weapons they’ve showcased on trello years ago ?

will you really defend anything they do this blindly ? You really have a problem with them adding in completed weapons?

jesus Christ I heard these forums were filled with toxicity , but didn’t realize just how far you will blindly defend all poor game design decisions . More weapons and items that are complete = more patience the general public has that the BIG stuff isn’t fixed yet (you know base building , persistence , vehicles , which are all broken right now and feel like it’s a stress test instead of a “stable” beta - developers words NOT MINE).

The big stuff that matters is broken so give us the completed pipeline of weapons plus what you took away from us - it shouldn’t be hard and it only has positive effects , if you (developers) are planning on adding these weapons then it’s now or never cuz you already missed the proper implementation chance (alpha is for adding , beta is for polishing).

What the hell are you even talking about? If weapons worked fine at the time, why wouldn't they be in the game? Oh yeah, right, because that nasty dev team likes ripping off their customers whenever they can. Come on dude, you can't possibly believe that.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 2

5 hours ago, Buakaw said:

All the other weapons.

I found a Skorpion, as well as a shotgun and a variety of pistols. And even that good WWII rifle (forgot its name) is included in the Beta. Then we also still have that single round rifle from the offline mode. Probably there are even more which I didn't find so far.

So we already have a decent number of weapons. Even though I especially want back my beloved Winchester, I still can have fun with the game.

I miss the .308 too...

Edited by zykrem

On 16/11/2018 at 10:12 PM, Rshoel said:

After building a fence you can add a metal wire to it to upgrade it to a gate, but it doesnt work. Is this being worked on? Been down for 2 - 3 days now.

You need to use pliers too. Attach the wire, then use pliers and you'll have an option to build fence gate

15 hours ago, Undeceived said:

I found a Skorpion, as well as a shotgun and a variety of pistols. And even that good WWII rifle (forgot its name) is included in the Beta. Then we also still have that single round rifle from the offline mode. Probably there are even more which I didn't find so far.

So we already have a decent number of weapons. Even though I especially want back my beloved Winchester, I still can have fun with the game.

Yeah I am having a lot of fun so far. Afraid I might burn out again before I get to experience all the content to it's fullest.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Found a radiator, a battery, a spark plug, 4 jugs of oil, a jerry can with gas, another jerry can (for water, for the radiator) and got a Lada working.  A friend and I drove from around Svetlojarsk to NWAF, down thru zeleno, and then down to around to  Kamenka.  Car worked great, except for when we shut off the car.  Shutting off the car emptied the fuel tank.  This was the only buggy part of it, specifically.  Seemed to create a bunch of desync, so I let my friend drive halfway through the journey.  We didn't have any persistence issues with it over the course of 2 days.  So, that's cool.  I experienced the car bouncing around the Vybor area, but it must have been only me, as my passenger noticed nothing.

So, a good play session, imo.  No one important died.  

• Beans 1

33 minutes ago, Parazight said:

So, a good play session, imo.  No one important died.  

No one important died haha, spoke like a true psychopath

200w.gif

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Server crashes all day 4-6 times :( Please fix that!!!!

do others have the problems as well?

Edited by Steffen Vo
  • Beans 1

On 11/19/2018 at 8:15 AM, Syroxan said:

What the hell are you even talking about? If weapons worked fine at the time, why wouldn't they be in the game? Oh yeah, right, because that nasty dev team likes ripping off their customers whenever they can. Come on dude, you can't possibly believe that.

Lol guy get your shit straight - no one said the devs are “ripping anyone off” they are clearly just being lazy .. it’s not helping the build or the appearance of beta is all , you don’t have to get super defensive over indefensible things . They said when the new engine came all the things would return - well the new engines been here for a good half a year or more and yet were still taking steps back .

Maybe you should take a step back from dayz and see what it really is - still a great game but very shallow indeed compared to what it could be if only we had all the items , guns and accessories that have been rotting in trello development hell .

Edited by PandahFistophacleezeSykes
Rekt
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, PandahFistophacleezeSykes said:

Persistence is broken in many ways right now - maybe the worst state of it I’ve seen in years .

Clearly you haven't been playing for that long. I remember builds where persistence was even worse. What am I talking about? It was way worse back then!