ImpulZ

Exp Update 0.63.148873

We have a small update today, it is focused on fixes for the general stability of the game.

The update for the server files is available as well.

• Beans 9

I <think> I accidentally shot myself ?  [and IRL I just got back from the firing range 20 mins earlier]

PC Experimental - 3pp - carrying M4 at port carry (gun "worn", mag full "pristine")   - zomb ran up behind me, I turned and raised M4 (right mouse)  to cross-hairs position, and left mouse (fire) - pressed right and left buttons almost simultaneously (maybe even both at once?).  Zomb was close and arms raised to strike, may have already had his chest on my gun barrel. As I fired I heard one <very loud> shot and was instantly dead. Seem to have shot myself in the head .?  Server ping was 53. (UK Official server)

Maybe a fluke combination of circumstances - I was full health 20 secs earlier, all good, fed & watered, no bleeding or health signs.. nighttime, small village, between 2 sheds, think it very doubtful someone else was around to shoot me - so it was perhaps a zombie 1 hit kill arriving exactly as I fired? (but I was on a slight slope, above him by a head) - BUT IT DID VERY MUCH seem like I shot myself. <IRL I'd say the breech exploded>

People on Xbox have complained of <vaguely> similar events.. is this even possible on PC Experimental .148873 ?  (Friday 05/10)   Or did an ace solo kid come round the shed right behind me and blow the back of my head off? (shot was LOUD I was DEAD).

Difficult to reproduce ATM (sorry) I'm on a beach right now.    Any suggestions (sensible or obscene, no prob) thanx

I really think I just shot myself ?

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
just wondering

26 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Any suggestions (sensible or obscene, no prob) thanx

try some terrible pickup lines while u are at the beach.  something less than sensible.  heres a few,

i put the std in stud.... now all i need is you.

how much does a polar bear weigh?....... less than you,  wanna go for coffee?

did you just fall from heaven?.... cuz it looks like u landed on your face..... can i get ur number?

wow girl you look amazing.... *looks at watch*, id say you got about 15 seconds.... you should probably start running.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

.try some terrible pickup lines while u are at the beach...//..

OK - first person I meet - thanx Funk !
.. also try :  "is that a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?" ..

• Beans 1

I AM SERIOUS about shooting myself with an AK in Experimental  (NOT suicide) - I fired into a zombies chest .. as explained in my post above. one loud bang & black screen instantly. - faced an oncoming zombie, from "carry" I did right click/left click about (perhaps) simultaneously..  <From full health to dead>
I would like to know if this is POSSIBLE in this latest Experimental - I've found found no bug report on it.. and haven't found another AK to test this with, as yet.

CAN it be done ? 

firing with the barrel in a tree, or pressing fire before/at the same time, as aim? (or both?)

Edited by pilgrim*

4 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

-

I haven't played 3pp but I heard there's some kind of gun alignment problem when you go ads, the gun points into wrong direction.

Maybe these are related?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

I AM SERIOUS about shooting myself with an AK in Experimental  (NOT suicide) - I fired into a zombies chest .. as explained in my post above. one loud bang & black screen instantly. - faced an oncoming zombie, from "carry" I did right click/left click about (perhaps) simultaneously..  <From full health to dead>
I would like to know if this is POSSIBLE in this latest Experimental - I've found found no bug report on it.. and haven't found another AK to test this with, as yet.

CAN it be done ? 

firing with the barrel in a tree, or pressing fire before/at the same time, as aim? (or both?)

definitely possible. Ive seen multiple people post on reddit about it and today my friend shot himself.

There something very wrong with the netcode right now. 

Had an experience today where a bambi backed my buddy into a corner and was hitting him with a knife and I had to spray him out. He says on his screen it was me who was being hit by the bambi. We were in each others places on our clients. He also took the damage not me. What the hell is going on?

sometimes i even wonder if they know about major issues like this.

Edited by robbhimself
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, benedictus said:

I haven't played 3pp but I heard there's some kind of gun alignment problem when you go ads, the gun points into wrong direction.

Maybe these are related?

this happens regularly in 1pp servers also.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, robbhimself said:

I was in 1pp in fact..  Thanks & beanz for the info.
Now I guess I have to find a foolproof reproducible way of shooting myself again.   Hmm..I think that's going to take 'a while' ..   

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

I was in 1pp in fact..  Thanks & beanz for the info.
Now I guess I have to find a foolproof reproducible way of shooting myself again.   Hmm..I think that's going to take 'a while' ..   

I've shot myself with the shotgun a few times, but never with any other weapon. Since it can apparently happen with AK:s too, although rarely, I am guessing it is a movement/placement/environment related bug that is not actually weapon specific, but more likely to happen with the shotgun due to its geometry. Whenever I find an MP133 I go on zombie killing sprees to try and reproduce it. So far I've had it happen when shooting hipfire* and aiming down sights, point blank, through windows, at range with no vegetation nearby and lastly standing near a wall shooting at a zed in the street. It has happened both on offline and online on servers with low ping, so I doubt it is caused by network problems/desync.

*) The one time it happened using hipfire was on offline, standing on a road and shooting at a chicken in a field. The chicken lived, presumably since I took the shot, but this time I didn't die instantly, but was suddenly on blinking red health indicator and bleeding like a stuck pig. Had no bandages so I bled out soon after.

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, robbhimself said:

Oh, haven't happened to me yet granted I haven't logged in many hours for the past month.

Edited by benedictus

maybe this is what happend to me with a player a month ago. He ran up behind me, I turned my AK and fired at him and instant died. I thought he was a hacker or something

19 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

CAN it be done ? 

Same thing happened to me with an AK shooting at targets down a range on an unshared test server, so of course I was the only one online. No mods, completely vanilla.

EDIT: forgot to mention I also had the same thing happen doing the same thing, but prone.

I put in a ticket and it was stated to be a known issue with the PSO-1 Scope scheduled for a fix. It is related to you seeing your clothing when looking through the scope.

Edited by Aussie Cleetus
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Cleetus said:

Same thing happened to me with an AK shooting at targets down a range on an unshared test server, so of course I was the only one online. No mods, completely vanilla.

EDIT: forgot to mention I also had the same thing happen doing the same thing, but prone.

I put in a ticket and it was stated to be a known issue with the PSO-1 Scope scheduled for a fix. It is related to you seeing your clothing when looking through the scope.

I was firing from the hip (-using the cross hairs -)  1pp.. on a server with ping of 53 (not high). No scope. AK. Semi-auto.  At a given moment my forward movement, I turned round 180° & lifted the gun from "carry"  & fired (all close to the same moment) and the zombie was probably then on the end of the barrel. 

Wondered if it might have been server-client movement prediction (bad cases with lag cause rubber banding) - because I was moving up the slope (predictable) and from moving forwards I abruptly turned 180 and fired.. is possible the server had already predicted I was further up the slope - by a short gun's length - so I shot myself in the back?  

Edited by pilgrim*

I was playing on a community server that somehow had tents+barrels+ghille suits turned on and i found this party tent and decided to set up a small aid station for travelling wearing survivors on the coast

Je35p2q.jpg

Edited by liquidcactus

Any info on controls? are gonna be improved?, I believe controls haven't changed since the first 0.63 patch. That's more than 4 months ago

I heard the idea for 0.63 was making the game controls much more fluent and responsive, but I tested 0.63 in june and now in october it and I think controls never were more clunky and annoying than now.

Here are some examples:

Having to press 2 keys for iron sights aiming is not fluid. If You are in iron sight and lower the gun You'll need to press 2 keys again to return to iron sight. I read some people are already using macro programs to raise weapon and go to ironsights because the game doesn't let You do it.

Toggle Raise Weapon is not working properly.

Character can't open doors while has his weapon raised.

I think the game should know what You want to do and let You do it without trouble, like opening a door while your weapon is raised; pressing F should get your character opening the door, if the character lowers the gun for a moment for doing it that's ok, but not letting the character do it is not fluid gameplay.

Also in my opinion having to hold a key for do some actions is something I would like to be changed, for example left button for start eating and left button again to stop eating would be nice, or even better having the two options.

• Beans 2