eugenharton

Server files release update

Dear Survivors,

today did not go as planned. Our goal was to update the Xbox and PC Experimental servers to the same version while offering the server files to the public. This hasn't happened, and I want to let you know how we're gonna proceed and why. We have prepared the documentation for the Server Files release and the build yesterday, focusing on particular quality of life fixes for both admins working with community servers as well as those looking to host on their own. These fixes included character corruption, admin log fixes, server browser fixes and more. All but one have been confirmed to work. Sadly the server browser fixes have caused any private hive to be invisible in the server browser. As such we have decided to not release the Experimental Update as well as postpone the Server Files. While the fix has been committed, we will require at least some testing before we go ahead with both the Experimental release and Server Files going public. During this effort, we have encountered multiple issues with Steam that have made the process slower, and hopefully, we won't see this happening again.

I`m deeply sorry for today, we will confirm the fix tomorrow and plan the release. More information is coming.

Edited by Bestius
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 16

Hell of a journey

If it was easy someone would have done it already

Go get drunk

#DVS Fukkit <3

• Like 4
  • Beans 6

Thank you for being transparent, and keep up the good work. Not for being sarcastic or anything, but we already waited more than 4 years, what is it to wait some couple days more ? :D

• Like 1

I`m deeply sorry for today, we will confirm the fix tomorrow and plan the release. More information is coming.

That means the release is tommorrow or "this week" and with "this week" i mean until 23.09.2018?

• Beans 1

Am a xbox player, you guys doin a great job, need some info tho on release of cars an guillie suits coming love this game

• Like 1

Wait, xbox was going to be updated today too ? so the update of today on xbox was bug fixes only but there were actually two planned updates for it ?

1 hour ago, nullx said:

Well that's disappointing but not surprising.... 

agreed mate been this way for 4 years

Eugen, 

Thank you for the updated information. Quality matters more to me than the speed of the delivery. I would much rather have a more functional server than not. There will always be bumps in the road to overcome.  I will be patiently & excitedly awaiting the release of the files. 

- CruFro

• Beans 1

Don't be sorry guys! You made it very clear that this could be delayed if unexpected issues popped up and, well, unexpected issues popped up. We know you guys are working hard. Thank you so much and keep up the good work!

• Like 1
  • Beans 4

Thanks for sharing the information! We'll be there when the patch is ready :) 

What I don’t get is why my charter was reset. I think that’s bs the game glitches out on me I lose a 10 day old charter fending off bandits and zombies and now I have to restart my entire character again wtf..... as if you don’t have to grind enough to get gear like really come on guys was that really necessary? In all honesty if this is going to keep happing you can have you’re game back and I want a refund 

its understandable. simulating reality is complicated... and srh im sure you paid more for games that were alot worse dick /\ you were not promised a bug free perfect game during beta nor guaranteed a time frame to get a stable copy smh 

• Beans 1

I appreciate the struggle you go through for your player base. Name 3 other companies with the ability to solve so many problems in such a relatively small work force. 

Get yourself drunk, have an off day, whatever you need. Ultimately the mental health of Bohemia will, in the long term, result in faster development.

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, Skunkyhdd said:

Am a xbox player, you guys doin a great job, need some info tho on release of cars an guillie suits coming love this game

You have to make a guillie suit

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Srhmonkey420 said:

What I don’t get is why my charter was reset. I think that’s bs the game glitches out on me I lose a 10 day old charter fending off bandits and zombies and now I have to restart my entire character again wtf..... as if you don’t have to grind enough to get gear like really come on guys was that really necessary? In all honesty if this is going to keep happing you can have you’re game back and I want a refund 

the point of the game is to survive as long as u can, die, and START AGAIN.  not to mention that character wipes are and have been very common throughout the dev process.  dont get ur panties in a bunch bro.  if you cant handle starting again then maybe its just not the game for you, and i severely doubt lacking patience to get gear is a valid excuse for a refund.  were you planning on rage quitting and asking for a refund WHEN (not if) you eventually died?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Guys be patient, Server Files will be released when they are done with QA.

Edited by sanzzes

14 hours ago, Srhmonkey420 said:

Better tryn and get ur money now cuz this is going to be often... and we all know gear is not hard to get %99 of the population on this game server hops for loot... bam there's the lil secret everyone knows to get loot fast... and are u guys releasing private server for Xbox also if ur giving out the server files or just pc