CarlTheGooner

Logging out mid fight.

Ok, I totally understand what it's like getting to north west airfield and the military base at the end of it, getting proper looted up to the hilt, ready for war and really not wanting to lose any of your gear. It's the whole risk reward part of the game. Stopping to check corners. Not just running out in the open from an open door. 

Most people I've killed (after trying to talk first) are people running around like headless chickens. This is only at the airfield. I means it's THE PvP area. Don't go there and just saunter about like your playing Skyrim. 

But seriously, if you're mid fight, and you run away and go in to the barracks for example and I keep my eyes on the door, reload my mags, then breach and clear and you're not there, where's the fun in that??? 

Grow a pair and fight, or what's the point? 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Was at the NW airfield, myself and 2 squadmates and someone literally spawned in between the 3 of us, before we could react, poof... gone

It is a bit annoying when people abuse it, but while crashes and random disconnects happen, then I think they should leave it as it is for now. I would be annoying if you were in the middle of nowhere and you suddenly disconnect. If someone was near and there was a long timeout, then that would be frustrating to log back in and find yourself dead. Keep it as it is till servers are fixed, then do something

I think they could adjust by basing it on whether or not you were in proximity to other players and hostile with them.  A simple formula such as player X swings weapon or shoots in proximity of player Y who does the same, then a timer countdown timer once a certain distance is reached - because a countdown alone doesn't make sense since someone could just keep running and then log out.  This would avoid any issues with disconnecting, unless of course you got disconnected while fighting.

There is for sure a delay though because my controller batteries died while I was moving, I kept moving once the controller died and ended up running into a fence and then a zombie attacked.  I shut off hoping to save my guy, but it didn't work.

With how bad the servers have been who’s to say he wasn’t having issues? So many times I’ve spawned in just to have my character glitching about, I’ve seen people and thought sh*t, if they come after me I’m done... so I run, hide, log out, and find a server that isn’t giving me issues.

Ive looted a lot of military areas, one area I couldn’t make it through all the barracks (there were 4) before my game would disconnect on me. Sure it’s essentially server hopping to benefit my character loot wise, but I couldn’t stay connected to any one of them for more then 15 minutes. So I took advantage of a frustrating situation lol.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, SquanchyGamer said:

With how bad the servers have been who’s to say he wasn’t having issues? So many times I’ve spawned in just to have my character glitching about, I’ve seen people and thought sh*t, if they come after me I’m done... so I run, hide, log out, and find a server that isn’t giving me issues.

Ive looted a lot of military areas, one area I couldn’t make it through all the barracks (there were 4) before my game would disconnect on me. Sure it’s essentially server hopping to benefit my character loot wise, but I couldn’t stay connected to any one of them for more then 15 minutes. So I took advantage of a frustrating situation lol.

Very good point, he could have ran in and his game might have froze when he opened his inventory, lord knows it's happened to me especially in military 10+ times. 

That's funny. I got kicked off a server. relogged right in the middle of a 2v2 gun fight. I would have stayed but all I had was a back pack and a water bottle.

• Haha 1

On 06/09/2018 at 7:59 AM, Anyeurysm said:

Was at the NW airfield, myself and 2 squadmates and someone literally spawned in between the 3 of us, before we could react, poof... gone

I logged in there yesterday in between 2 people standing on the camo platform, only 5 people on the server including myself and I was dead in about a second (if that). And lost about 10 hours of loot, guns and ammo, not to mention my Knights Helm ? Worst timing ever, I should have made a cuppa first then maybe they would have buggered off by the time I got on

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eeyeoretherealone said:

I logged in there yesterday in between 2 people standing on the camo platform, only 5 people on the server including myself and I was dead in about a second (if that). And lost about 10 hours of loot, guns and ammo, not to mention my Knights Helm ? Worst timing ever, I should have made a cuppa first then maybe they would have buggered off by the time I got on

I feel your pain. I haven't been killed yet, done plenty of killing, only time I've lost all my loot is when the game has $√π€©%° me in the A. 

EVERYONE PUSH THIS IDEA THAT THE DECS ALREADY ACKNOWLEDGED POSITIVELY  

ONE CHARACTER PER SERVER LIKE ARK SURVIVAL 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mpmax said:

EVERYONE PUSH THIS IDEA THAT THE DECS ALREADY ACKNOWLEDGED POSITIVELY  

ONE CHARACTER PER SERVER LIKE ARK SURVIVAL 

Can't be done - unless all the servers are Private (which comes down to the same thing).

On 9/5/2018 at 10:58 PM, CarlTheGooner said:

I think there is, was told it's 30 seconds but my mate disappears in about 10 seconds no more. 

On PC Experimental right now, when you log out you can still see the game action, and you get an onscreen timer at center-window of 15 seconds, with the options, "Exit" & "Stop"  - If you 'Stop' the timer you stay in the game, if you press 'Exit', you are immediately out of the game back to the login screen, but your avatar stays in the game to the end of the timer.

I think 15 secs is too short. I think 30 secs would break nobody's neck at all, specially as it's going to take you around 20 secs or so to think about it and do the manips to log back in ( so you're not really losing any play time anyway, unless you got an insta-log fetish ) - And a 30-40 second log out would give you the time to know =FEAR= ... ..  will you scream when you see CarlTheGooner kick the door down and come in to GIT YA while you're trying to Panic Log ?? .. <wow>. that's ONE of the things that makes the game Interesting... you got yourself in a bad bad situation, now FEEL the FEAR.. (mmuahahahah) ..    Seriously.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1

To add on the list of gripes: Combat Logging

Take over a building. Your enemy leaves that server. He joins another in the room you’re in, and leaves again. Next thing you know, he’s spawning behind a locked door and sprays away.

Is there anything planned or in-place for these scenarios?

Hopefully once the games out of the testing stage , the logging time will be drastically increased. And once the database lock issue is resolved and functioning as intended people using server hopping to ghost people will become more difficult as they'll have to wait a couple off minutes between servers atleast.

Until then I choose my engagements very carefully, if someone retreats into a building during combat I either rush them Incase there logging & risk getting sprayed down or let it go completely and move on. Depends if I'm ready to die or not ;)

it's a tough problem to crack for the devs, I personally would make logging proximity & health based. Say if you've fired your gun or had another player fire a gun withn a certain proximity of you within a set amount of time you cannot log out unless you leave that proximity. same goes for health, if you've taken damage directly from another player within a certain set of time or are still currently healing back to full health after taking damage from another player then you cannot log either. But if you leave said proximity to the combat area you can log, this way the player has the option to runaway, or evade but not break the gameplay experience for themselves or the other combatants.

These are quite restrictive ideas though but DayZ is meant to be a hardcore survival game not a softcore runaway to another server as soon as the Sh#t hits the fan game. 

Easiest fix is wjere if youve taken damage in the last 5 minutes or if there are enemies within 100 meters, you cant log. Its annoyong stalking someone then you grt the jump on them have to reload and poof theyre gone.

On 9/27/2018 at 11:46 PM, TheYetiBum said:

Hopefully once the games out of the testing stage , the logging time will be drastically increased. And once the database lock issue is resolved and functioning as intended people using server hopping to ghost people will become more difficult as they'll have to wait a couple off minutes between servers atleast.

Until then I choose my engagements very carefully, if someone retreats into a building during combat I either rush them Incase there logging & risk getting sprayed down or let it go completely and move on. Depends if I'm ready to die or not ;)

it's a tough problem to crack for the devs, I personally would make logging proximity & health based. Say if you've fired your gun or had another player fire a gun withn a certain proximity of you within a set amount of time you cannot log out unless you leave that proximity. same goes for health, if you've taken damage directly from another player within a certain set of time or are still currently healing back to full health after taking damage from another player then you cannot log either. But if you leave said proximity to the combat area you can log, this way the player has the option to runaway, or evade but not break the gameplay experience for themselves or the other combatants.

These are quite restrictive ideas though but DayZ is meant to be a hardcore survival game not a softcore runaway to another server as soon as the Sh#t hits the fan game. 

Or do like ark and rust. You log your body stays. Id be cool with logging made your character lay there for 30 minutes to an hour.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Brett Tucker said:

Or do like ark and rust. You log your body stays. Id be cool with logging made your character lay there for 30 minutes to an hour.

That would be way too long. Thirty to sixty seconds would easily be adequate. 

One toon per server would solve this all. And they already liked tweets suggesting this....the perm death makes afk offline.bodies a.trash idea 

On 9/27/2018 at 2:11 AM, pilgrim* said:

Can't be done - unless all the servers are Private (which comes down to the same thing).

It's already been done in other games ... they completely rescripted their entire game code.   So why couldn't they do this thing they already ponder of doing???  Silly to say impossible. Smh

23 hours ago, Mpmax said:

It's already been done in other games ... they completely rescripted their entire game code.   So why couldn't they do this thing they already ponder of doing???  Silly to say impossible. Smh

I said " can't be done .. unless"

In DayZ there is the Public hive (called Official) run by BI themselves. Many servers run on the Official hive -  and playing on 'Official' servers a kitted character can move between servers with anything they can carry.

There are also Private hives (called "Community") - those severs do NOT have one shared hive for all of them. Each person who hires a 'private' DayZ instance can get an attached 'private hive' with it, called a "shard". Players on that hive only keep their character-state on THAT hive and THAT server .. if they move to a Public (Official hive) server they start from zero. If they move to a DIFFERENT Private server, which has it's own <different>  private hive attached to it, they start from zero. Because their character is NOT stored on THAT hive.

OK?

So yes, it's silly to say "impossible"  - it is POSSIBLE that DayZ players can win big-heart-points for catching butterflies and hugging teddy-bears.. that's TECHNICALLY possible.  So ask DayZ players about it, or BI.

On PC, some servers are listed as 'Community' (meaning they are hired by a private individual who runs that DayZ sever instance with it's own hive) and so, if you move between those private servers you start with a new character each time - AND some private servers are whitelisted, some have playing rules, some won't let you in at all. Others let anyone in - but any gear you collect is only stored on THAT server hive. AND others just hire their own server and connect it to the Official hive.

On PC the Public (Official) hive coves ALL the 'Public servers'. Anyone can log in to any of them. Your same character can visit any you want.  

This Official/Community hive stuff will also happen on Xbox in a short while, I'm sure. then you can log in to a "private" server and your character will only exist on that server (if they let you in).

This is why I said - your idea << "cant be done unless"  ALL the severs are Private.>>  As things stand, BI won't go for that, I'm sure. A lot of players won't either.

- but nothing is impossible - In DayZ I've seen a flying rabbit. Another player saw a zombie fall up into the sky. So "impossible" aint ever a word I attach to software.

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

I said " can't be done .. unless"

In DayZ there is the Public hive (called Official) run by BI themselves. Many servers run on the Official hive -  and playing on 'Official' servers a kitted character can move between servers with anything they can carry.

There are also Private hives (called "Community") - those severs do NOT have one shared hive for all of them. Each person who hires a 'private' DayZ instance gets an attached 'private hive' called a "shard". Players on that hive only keep their character-state on THAT hive and THAT server .. if they move to a Public (Official hive) server they start from zero. If they move to a DIFFERENT Private server, which has it's own <different>  private hive attached to it, they start from zero. Because their character is NOT stored on THAT hive.

OK?

So yes, it's silly to say "impossible"  - it is POSSIBLE that DayZ players can win big-heart-points for catching butterflies and hugging teddy-bears.. that's TECHNICALLY possible.  So ask DayZ players about it, or BI.

On PC, some servers are listed as 'Community' (meaning they are hired by a private individual who runs that DayZ sever instance with it's own hive) and so, if you move between those private servers you start with a new character each time - AND some private servers are whitelisted, some have playing rules, some won't let you in at all. Others let anyone in - but any gear you collect is only stored on THAT server hive. AND others just hire their own server and connect it to the Official hive.

On PC the Public (Official) hive coves ALL the 'Public servers'. Anyone can log in to any of them. Your same character can visit any you want.  

This Official/Community hive stuff will also happen on Xbox in a short while, I'm sure.

This is why I said - your idea << "cant be done unless"  ALL the severs are Private.>>  As things stand, BI won't go for that, I'm sure. A lot of players won't either.

- but nothing is impossible - In DayZ I've seen a flying rabbit. Another player saw a zombie fall up into the sky. So "impossible" aint ever a word I attach to software.

xxP

And I saw goddam flying deer! Felt like Santa was camping the bushes ready to snipe my ass xD

• Like 1

On 9/30/2018 at 3:05 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

That would be way too long. Thirty to sixty seconds would easily be adequate. 

Nope people like you would still combat log.

• Beans 1