RaptorM60

BETA Status Report - November 28

On 2.12.2017 at 7:27 PM, idie said:

I love to answer to potential trollers

Me too, but answering guys who call you a troll because of having different opinion is even better.

PS: What are you talking about ? I play videogames since 90's... Played the first Operation Flashpoint... And I said "BI is one of the best", not the best... Do yourself a favor and stop judging people... You're bad at it...

Well, possibly I've been avoiding huge studios that care only about money. Speaking of which...

You can't deny something on BI, when they make a game (have you played any of their games ? :P), they do it with passion, even if their games are buggy as fuck, they release patches for years after the initial release, they are just dedicated to their game... So yeah, I trust them when they say they are going to finish this game and continue to maintain it after 1.0...

To conclude, you cannot deny neither that they apologized for the mistakes they've made during the dev, and it is their first early access game. I'm not sure they will make another game in early access anymore even if it's a success.

PS²: https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpossibleTriangularSalamanderPRChase  ;)

I played Arma 2 and Arma 3, I love these games, though... Dedicated to their game... Remind me how the rifles that you didn't buy work in arma multiplayer! ;) It's not like they're working on improving Arma 2 now, do they? IF they can do some easy fixes to improve selling, sure, they wil ldo that, but what else? Arma 3 is all about DLCs now. I stopped playing it, I would probably still play if they weren't so many paid dlcs. I don't really get why would you say that BI is special in some way. It's not like I don't trust that they will finish the game someday. :) But they already gave up on most interesting stuff, like animal companions. Statisticly speaking, some people who bought DayZ reading that it will be released in something like 2015 (or earlier, can't remember) are already dead. :D So yeah. They will release it... When I paid for DayZ I was a student. Now I'm running my small business and have a kid on the way. Good luck to me with spending evenings in Chernarus now. ;) You can't just ignore the release date like it was not important at all. I'm pretty sure some people, me included, would be happy with a game that has not perfect engine, but some more CONTENT instead . And next version will be what? Oh, right, engine improvements, but even less content.

As for their communication with us - pretty much 90% of dayzdev twitter posts nowadays are retweets, mainly boring screenshots with sunsets and firepits. Is there at least the Q&A Gadget_97 was talking about available somewhere?

Hmm.. Calenderweek 1 (workdays 3-5 jan.) Devteam Newyearhollydays.

First Workweek CW 2.

Biweekly Status CW2/CW 3 ^^.

My Glasball say: 16. JAN. 2018 First SR in this Year.

Edited by Sqeezorz

1 hour ago, rscl said:

Where are status reports ? Bohemia stopped making em ?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Next status report contents : devs talk all about beta with the same overused metaphors and paragraphs trying to fool us as if there’s actual work being done .

If the next status report doesn’t have some seriously good estimates or at least some freaking transparency (you know, that thing eugen and the rest of the team used to have but now has none of) on what the actual fuck is up on the development status of this long awaited patch (that most likely won’t be worth the wait at first release) then I’m afraid dayz will lose its player base before it can even get to that promised land of features , they are already cutting features -animal companions has been confirmed as cut from the game , as well as planes from beta, and now they say that barricading and soft skills won’t make it into early beta (most likely won’t even see it until after 1.0 release which is bullshit).

Overall dayz is slowly looking to be a shroud of its former self , half the man of the robust feature list that Dean hall and the original team created . Maybe they thought up more than they could create , i don’t believe it though - what I do believe is that somewhere along the way the dayz devs had a collar slapped onto the back of their neck and told to sit down , and obey the money - somewhere around the first glimpse of .63 they were neutered and sterilized removing any and all drive and passion for this game and creating an empty shell of development, one that requires simplicity and a “perfect” build even though we are still in testing, even in beta . This is a game in which the devs and community are so far apart that it’s hurting almost as much as the slow development speed and cut features .

Here’s to hoping the devs have been secretely cooking on something amazing , otherwise, I fear all this time they spent cutting features and being incredibly tight lipped has been for naught and it has actually hurt development - not helped .

On 1/14/2018 at 3:26 PM, blackberrygoo said:

Here’s to hoping the devs have been secretely cooking on something amazing , otherwise, I fear all this time they spent cutting features and being incredibly tight lipped has been for naught and it has actually hurt development - not helped .

Could you be more specific about what you think the devs have been tight lipped about? I can probably find you the info.

If it's just the "what's the hold up," read the past few status reports. All of it is the reason why.