Sign in to follow this  
G18C

Are Hunting Backpacks Rare?

Considering that i've found more FAL's, UMP's, VSS's, and SVD's than I've found the hunting backpack. There is an issue XD

brQK5hV.jpg

I absolutely love the way this thing looks, I find them on people that I kill all the time, but I have only found around 10 of my own.

I know they spawn in the small hunting stands that have the stairs on them. Where else do they spawn, and is there a trick for getting them to spawn more at those stands in certain locations of the map? 

I do not have trouble finding them in feeding shacks (what you're calling small hunting stands), but I have also found them in the all plywood "garden sheds" fairly often.

Yea they're pretty rare for me too. Used to find alot in previous patch'es, but since .61 i find it hard to get one, maybe found only one in the hunting shed in middle of forest in like 100hours of gameplay.

• Like 1

I mean they are by no means common for me, but I'm finding those significantly more than I'm finding "FAL's, UMP's, VSS's, [or] SVD's". Just down to luck I suppose

I wouldn't call them rare but uncommon. Guns like the FAL, UMP and VSS with a mag, those are rare in my eyes.

You can find them in the feeder shacks (the small hunting stand with the steps), the regular hunting stand and in the plywood shack with the window in the back.

Locations mentioned above and red garages (I think exclusively up north) spawn them not too uncommonly, I even find them behind the church in berezino (feed shack) from time to time. I check that shack all the time though, on servers that keep restarting/resetting persistence

1 hour ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

Locations mentioned above and red garages (I think exclusively up north) spawn them not too uncommonly, I even find them behind the church in berezino (feed shack) from time to time. I check that shack all the time though, on servers that keep restarting/resetting persistence

seen two recently  in military tents both pristine - but were perhaps dropped by players for something better? -  but one had a can of spaghetti in it though, which is a sign it could have spawned there. And yes also in feeder shacks with the steps up to the door (also often with some object inside the pack) ? Is always worth checking old clothes and packs even if you don't want them, to see if there is something in there.

[ Off topic ] - Can anyone can give me a rule of thumb de-spawn time  on Official Servers ATM?.. When you drop loot (or pick it up and drop it so it's been handled) is there any general time period folk can estimate ATM before it despawns? I know how spawn distribution is supposed to work, I mean what is the "rate" right now ?? = it seems FAST =  .. In my experience of THIS iteration, despawn time is pretty short.. If you walk away to a distance and come back in 10 or even (definitely?) in 5 mins it won't be there, It doesn't matter if it is guns or apples =  same same ..   really .. .. Anyone got a working expectation, or off the cuff estimate ??

xx pilgrim

From what I've seen, items will stick around for no more than one hour if you don't touch it, and as little as ten minutes after you drop an item; excluding backpacks and persistent storage.  If you camp an area, it appears to stall the despawn timers for all items in the area; possibly 100-200 meter radius.