Sign in to follow this  
Get Trippy

Memory crashes and Bugs

I thought this new patch that wiped characters yesterday was suppose to fix things like the memory problems but when playing yesterday it seemed to make it worse with me having about 15 of the same memory crashes in one day. Also it appears that the devs forgot to texture some rocks. (Example) Also why when you drive a car its really laggy.

Edited by Get Trippy

what do you think the bluerock boots are named after?  :-p

things are really laggy because... I figure every pretty waving tree is costing us about a tenth of a frame per second...  oh, is that just me?

come to think of it, the rock was probably just waiting in line to render.

Edited by Red_Ensign
  • Like 1

Last time I went back that rock was still blue and it was to the right of Stary Yar way up north.

Edited by Get Trippy

i shouldn't have to ask, but did you validate your game files?

issues like missing textures often are casues by corrupted files and even the crashes could be related.

if you have sucessfully validated your files and are still experiencing the issues file a report at feedback.bistudio.com

Edited by HaseDesTodes
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 11:23 PM, Red_Ensign said:

what do you think the bluerock boots are named after?  :-p

things are really laggy because... I figure every pretty waving tree is costing us about a tenth of a frame per second...  oh, is that just me?

come to think of it, the rock was probably just waiting in line to render.

Sigh!! wait a few more months then,

This patch has been...well, let me diplomatically say not the best.

The crashing is worse than it's ever been, but now appears to be caused not by inventory, but on attempting to join or leave servers.

• Like 1

I play on a laptop.  A 6QD Apache Pro to be precise.  i7 6700HQ @ 2.6GHz, not sure what turbo mode brings it up to.  16GB ram and a GTX960M.  I don't have any of these crashes or memory leaks.  Might be time to upgrade your potatoes

I can't even pinpoint possible causes of my crashes they are so random and can be tied to so many other factors.  Doesn't matter if it is on 32 or 64.  Some days are fine, others plagued by crashes.  I've had them accessing inventory on myself, sedan, bus, or another player.  Had it also when getting out of V3s and Sedan and once while in the middle of driving.  The only thing in common - It happens at the worse possible time.   

34 minutes ago, Old Man River said:

I can't even pinpoint possible causes of my crashes they are so random and can be tied to so many other factors.  Doesn't matter if it is on 32 or 64.  Some days are fine, others plagued by crashes.  I've had them accessing inventory on myself, sedan, bus, or another player.  Had it also when getting out of V3s and Sedan and once while in the middle of driving.  The only thing in common - It happens at the worse possible time.   

someone mentioned running the game through the steam library instead of using shortcuts.. have you tried this?

5 hours ago, plasma (DayZ) said:

someone mentioned running the game through the steam library instead of using shortcuts.. have you tried this?

Yep, tried it.  Its not something I can replicate.  I might go 3-4 days no problems at all and then I might have one day where I will have 3-4 during a session and then no more problems after that.  Its weird, hoping the next patch will alleviate it.

7 hours ago, plasma (DayZ) said:

I always play through Steam library. Game crashes at least 25% of any attempt to log into, or out of servers. I am not alone in this.

well I've tried both ways now and I'm still crashing.  At least once every 30 minutes after comp restart.  Once it starts crashing I can't join any servers until I reboot my computer.

Always read the latest status report they usually tell you what's going on with the public build.