Baty Alquawen

Stable Branch 0.61.137680

Hello guys,

we’ll be pushing Experimental update 0.61.137680 to Stable branch.

What is new:

• fix for client FPS drops when shooting/near other players shooting

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected reaction speed may be reduced
  • Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Issues with door states can occur
  • Damage being delayed

No vehicles in this update. We are still testing them on Experimental branch.

No character wipe.

If you find some bugs let me know on our Feedback Tracker. Thank you!

• Like 7

Thank you for pushing this out quickly, people will love this!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Barqevius said:

Glad to see a fix for FPS drops while shooting.

- Also, character wipe this update?

OP says no ;)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, hugin_q3 said:

OP says no ;)

They either edited it in or I'm blind. Thanks though lol.

• Like 1

I will post some bugs that i experienced before but happened yesterday in 3 hours of gameplay..

1st Let's start with dynamic lights.. They are not looking so good graphical, and performance is terrible in small spaces like apartmants and other buildings.. after 60-70 fps you get 15 if some light(flare or torch) is trown close around the building or in the building/house.. if there is 2 flares you get 5 fps if there is 3 flares you litteraly can't move.. And i think this is a critical issue.

2nd Game crash, memory error while playing, black screen(please wait) joining some servers.. It happens too often, 2 or 3 times in 1 hour so that the game is no longer playable in these conditions and i woudl say it is a critical issue and must fix!!!

3rd BLACK HEADS you can see them kilometer away, if someone is hiding in the bushes,trees or lying in the grass with a ghillie, no problem bcs their head is giving up a position and no matter what they are wearing on their heads you can easyly spot them..Again this is a critical issue.

4th the last one AND MOST IMPORTANT WHICH I NEVER EXPERIENCED IN MY 1300 hours of gameplay.. My friend just spawn, he ussualy play like an African-American character and i told him where are some bodies so he can pick up the gear.. He showed up like a Asian girl which i didn't care at that moment but when he picked up a weapon(MP5) from a body he disappeared and he was not vissible for anyone. He killed few guys and after some time he decided to sit right in the open field just for fun, on the way there his screen went to gey then back to good color then again black to grey and he fall unconscious and died.. He came back like an African-American and everything came back to normal.. When he was invisible if he pick up some weapons he coudl not put it in his hands if he put it on the floor weapon or some stuff disappeared.. it was an indication that the game is broken up to a maximum level and it is not playable anymore..

Please developers we don't have patience anymore.. START WORKING OR SELL THE GAME TO SOMEONE WHO WILL KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!

Network sync seems to be working badly.

On my last season on stable branch, me and my friend had the bug where he could not see my gun, i could see everything fine but on his screen I had no weapon on my hands.

Black face bug still happening.

Stuttering and little rollbacks also(not too much, just on certain moments, nothing gamebreaker), what i did not see anymore is the issue where your computer get frozen and you have to reboot your pc.

I've did not seen any issue so far(well the legacy ones but i know that are not in focus).

Keep up with the good work devs, Bestz!

48 minutes ago, ZoroR said:

it was an indication that the game is broken up to a maximum level and it is not playable anymore..

Please developers we don't have patience anymore.. START WORKING OR SELL THE GAME TO SOMEONE WHO WILL KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!

Please quit playing DayZ.

You obviously do not understand how this game is being made and are a pointless rage filled whiner.

Thank you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Please quit playing DayZ.

You obviously do not understand how this game is being made and are a pointless rage filled whiner.

Thank you.

0.61 patch is the worst patch in the history of dayz.. And i don't see the point of supporting the developers when they are clearly not doing a good job.. Why shoudl i support them while i suffering playing dayz like never before? So guys who are saying keep up the good job, and thing like bestz and sh**t support them for doing a bad job and devs are going to continue doing a bad job, because they can!! You see, if i don't care about Dayz i woudl never post something like this. I love dayz, and i love the idea and i think the game have the bigest potential of most of the games out there, but the game is in the wrong hands.

26 minutes ago, ZoroR said:

while i suffering playing dayz like never before?

Why don't you step back and try to be realistic and pragmatic about your feelings around a GAME.

26 minutes ago, ZoroR said:

I love dayz, and i love the idea and i think the game have the bigest potential of most of the games out there, but the game is in the wrong hands.

NO YOU DON'T.

You do not understand how this game is being made, AT ALL.

The only wrong hands that have touched DayZ are yours and the people like you.

Sorry, not sorry.

• Like 1

0.61 patch is the worst patch in the history of dayz..

First of all what is in ur oppinion the worst about this patch, dat seemingly makes the game unplayable? then i guess except of ur frist 20 bucks u havent supported bohemia in anyway, so please dont brag about it, if u dont even help them doing their job better. The most important point is, dat dayz is actually by now a survival game, it is finally a more of a challenge to stay alive, which is amazing and the whole game about, this why in my oppinion this is the best patch by far now, even with the new bugs(but its always the same, new content = new bugs, its always been this way, and they will slowly but surely fix them). So and what is ur oppinion why this patch sucks? im just hearing dat the devs suck but u dont tell us why the game sucks.

cheers

Edited by FearLix

When the Experimental servers went down I thought I'd check like @Thurman Merman how my Stable characters were doing.

Logged on at first person and was in a wolf area, managed to kill all 3 or 4 with my Winchester. But then I discovered that my character had the following item:

mEkMMex.jpg

My holy item, it has returned to me! Now I feel OP.

2 hours ago, ZoroR said:

0.61 patch is the worst patch in the history of dayz.. And i don't see the point of supporting the developers when they are clearly not doing a good job.. Why shoudl i support them while i suffering playing dayz like never before? So guys who are saying keep up the good job, and thing like bestz and sh**t support them for doing a bad job and devs are going to continue doing a bad job, because they can!! You see, if i don't care about Dayz i woudl never post something like this. I love dayz, and i love the idea and i think the game have the bigest potential of most of the games out there, but the game is in the wrong hands.

Part of the problem that DayZ is shitty at the moment is the community's fault. Instead of testing and helping to get decent patches out to Stable, you guys are playing Stable and stomping your feet and complaining about the patches. I don't feel sorry in anyway for you guys because you guys are part of this problem. Bohemia should have never pushed 0.61 to Stable until the patch was fully done. Now there are patches which don't get stress tested in Experimental or don't get fully tested and when they go over to Stable problems appear. And of course instead of heading over to Experimental people rather complain, cry and get pissed like you.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, IMT said:

Part of the problem that DayZ is shitty at the moment is the community's fault. Instead of testing and helping to get decent patches out to Stable, you guys are playing Stable and stomping your feet and complaining about the patches. I don't feel sorry in anyway for you guys because you guys are part of this problem. Bohemia should have never pushed 0.61 to Stable until the patch was fully done. Now there are patches which don't get stress tested in Experimental or don't get fully tested and when they go over to Stable problems appear. And of course instead of heading over to Experimental people rather complain, cry and get pissed like you.

I have to disagree with you. I think one of the main reasons this game is still on tracks is because the amazing community it have. The stable and experimental problemas are well known for users and dev team and (according i know) they already have people dedicated strictly to testing. The community have always answered well when they need to do stress test (that involve many people playing).

If you think bohemia should have never pushed 0.61 to Stable until it was fully done, don´t blame te community. They probably did it because they don´t want to have us all without any notice or progress from december to the date.

I totally agree with you that we should dedicate 100% experimental servers mailny to experiment (most people try to play like normal and is a way to experiment too), and i argue all the time with the guys that cries on each exp update saying: "my character is wipe again" "my base in exp is gone". But saying that the current problems of the game are because the lack of comunity commitment is just pulling the leg when you know there are issues that have not being fix since 0.59 or before and there are tickets refering them everywhere.

Edited by Asmondian

3 hours ago, Asmondian said:

I have to disagree with you. I think one of the main reasons this game is still on tracks is because the amazing community it have. The stable and experimental problemas are well known for users and dev team and (according i know) they already have people dedicated strictly to testing. The community have always answered well when they need to do stress test (that involve many people playing).

If you think bohemia should have never pushed 0.61 to Stable until it was fully done, don´t blame te community. They probably did it because they don´t want to have us all without any notice or progress from december to the date.

I totally agree with you that we should dedicate 100% experimental servers mailny to experiment (most people try to play like normal and is a way to experiment too), and i argue all the time with the guys that cries on each exp update saying: "my character is wipe again" "my base in exp is gone". But saying that the current problems of the game are because the lack of comunity commitment is just pulling the leg when you know there are issues that have not being fix since 0.59 or before and there are tickets refering them everywhere.

You're acting if I blame the community for all the problems. That's why I'm specifically referring to part of the problem. And it's true. After the majority of the people left the Experimental branch, patches which were pushed from Experimental to Stable had suddenly desync problems. The people who were playing Experimental obviously didn't report any problems because there were none. Then again, finding out how a patch does under the stress of 60 players is hard if there is 10 or less persons online at any given time. And that is why there are suddenly problems on Stable at high and full pop servers.  These things don't get reported by people playing the Experimental branch because we don't get to see these problems.

Mistakes were/are made on both ends here which is a bummer because now they need to fix unecessary bugs. What now happens is they push an update to Experimental, some bugs are unnoticed. Next they push it to Stable and these bugs suddenly pop up. They push a fix to Experimental and that it gets pushed to Stable.

What would be optimal would be they push it to Experimental, the bugs gets noticed there. They fix it in a next Experimental build and then push it to Stable.

18 hours ago, Asmondian said:

Totally agree with these statement, I am happy with it,but dev team always said that stable was only for builds that did not crash(or that are mostly "stable").

Why they broke this requirement? If the last build(0.61) were only available on experimental tons of people will play on it. Do not blame the community about playing stable and telling that desync is unplayable or a lot of crashes are happening because stable build is supposed to be stable, not a testing build.

Edited by EdStaffordZombie

24 minutes ago, EdStaffordZombie said:

Totally agree with these statement, I am happy with it,but dev team always said that stable was only for builds that did not crash(or that are mostly "stable").

Why they broke this requirement? If the last build(0.61) were only available on experimental tons of people will play on it. Do not blame the community about playing stable and telling that desync is unplayable or a lot of crashes are happening because stable build is supposed to be stable, not a testing build.

That's the thing I'm trying to tell. Because everyone plays on Stable there are 2 testing branches now. You have Experimental where certain things get tested, found and fixed but there are things we miss or are impossible to find due to the lack of players on Experimental. And then there is Stable, the new testing branch. This is the branch where desync gets tested currently, it seems.

• Like 1

I am closing this thread because new Stable update 0.61.137720.