Baty Alquawen

Stable Branch 0.61.136960

8 hours ago, blurb said:

Most fresh spawns now don't much hope. A fresh spawn in the rain has NO chance.

I had a player on Stable .61 living for a pretty good run.

You managed to kill him in 15 minutes after the patch on Stable,

Why not do that crap on Experimental only?

If you stay still you don't get wet, and calories don't burn either. Just wait out the rain or log to another server 

I think the enhanced AI sight and hearing is pretty damn cool, to be honest, if not a little OP. . But it feels like you're fighting other players when they can hear and see so well! If that's intended, then badass :D We'll just have to get used to it and learn how to play with this new difficulty. It's very 28 Days Later haha

Also, if any of you guys want to play on a Hardcore RP 1PP Server with Factions and Events, come to http://aftermathdayzrp.com/index.php :D 

We need more bandits and bad guys xD (We do have a NO KOS rule, however!)

Edited by Espa
  • Like 2

I'm rely starting to hat the zeds.  I don't fear them like the wolves, but I real don't like the AI and the Item damage they do. Today in 2 fights which were back to back I have 2 items ruined.  First Fight, worn Gorka jacket goes to ruined with 1 zed in 2 hits (what the fuck). Next fight 3 zeds 1 worn to ruined assault vest (more realistic, but frustrating after the last encounter). Plus I have been attacked by zeds that can't see me as they have come from out of no were straight through an object obscuring them in front of me.  We have had zeds like this before and it didn't work so why are they repeating the same mistake? Most of the community didn't like them then so what has changed?  I do want zeds to be a threat like the wolves, but not like this.  And yes they should damage the items you are wearing/carrying, but not this quickly and this often.  It should be a rare event that they 1/2 hit ruin an item.  At the moment I feel I might as well run around naked with just a back pack for what worth clothing is at the moment.

1 hour ago, Fing said:

I'm rely starting to hat the zeds.  I don't fear them like the wolves, but I real don't like the AI and the Item damage they do. Today in 2 fights which were back to back I have 2 items ruined.  First Fight, worn Gorka jacket goes to ruined with 1 zed in 2 hits (what the fuck). Next fight 3 zeds 1 worn to ruined assault vest (more realistic, but frustrating after the last encounter). Plus I have been attacked by zeds that can't see me as they have come from out of no were straight through an object obscuring them in front of me.  We have had zeds like this before and it didn't work so why are they repeating the same mistake? Most of the community didn't like them then so what has changed?  I do want zeds to be a threat like the wolves, but not like this.  And yes they should damage the items you are wearing/carrying, but not this quickly and this often.  It should be a rare event that they 1/2 hit ruin an item.  At the moment I feel I might as well run around naked with just a back pack for what worth clothing is at the moment.

I haven't had any items go ruined yet but let's not jinx it, shall we? I have to admit though, after almost every fight I check the status of my gear and every now and then a (leather) sewing kit gets hovered over the items to prevent them from going ruined. I did have some items which went from worn immediately to badly damaged but as long as they don't go ruined every 5 hits, I'm ok with it, I can live with badly damaged.

With that said, I was on Experimental most of the times so there might be a difference between Stable and Experimental at the moment.

Edited by IMT

4 hours ago, Fing said:

At the moment I feel I might as well run around naked with just a back pack for what worth clothing is at the moment.

When your clothes get damage, be glad you are not bleeding. Haveing no clothes, with every hit, your toon gets the damage instead of your shiny Gorkajacket.

2 hours ago, IMT said:

I haven't had any items go ruined yet but let's not jinx it, shall we? I have to admit though, after almost every fight I check the status of my gear and every now and then a (leather) sewing kit gets hovered over the items to prevent them from going ruined. I did have some items which went from worn immediately to badly damaged but as long as they don't go ruined every 5 hits, I'm ok with it, I can live with badly damaged.

With one hit, west (trousers, shoes, hats....) gets ruined. No repairing possible. Clothes work like they are prestine even if they are ruined? (!except water resistence!) I dont mind ruined clothes, because i always have a raincoat in my pocket. At best in a cookingpot or else. Also allways leave your bullets in their paper until you need it. For example: Zeds hits > pack of "9mm rounds" badly damaged > unpack them > 25 shiny pristine "9mm bullets". Dont know if that works with ruined status packages. The outside cover gets ruined and cannot get more ruined, but it still takes damage for your toon or items i think?!.

So are we ever going to get a facebug fix? Its a pretty big issue right now.. Also it seems as though Zombies were now given the ability to one hit kill based on RNG... 

Zombies are bit more of a threat now, but still manageable.

Client seems to be crashing lot more regularly now with this update for me and my friends.

6 hours ago, Bumpin said:

So are we ever going to get a facebug fix? Its a pretty big issue right now.. Also it seems as though Zombies were now given the ability to one hit kill based on RNG... 

Yeah, I got knocked out by zombie while 3000+ blood a couple weeks ago, but my character was status bugged (idk how much that happens now) so I never woke up.

Also idk but I still notice 1 hit kills on zombies are weird, it seems like the deciding factor is whether or not they're aggroed. Shooting a zombie in the head w/ .22 while it's not aggroed is a 1 hit kill but if it aggroes it seems headshots don't even work. Same thing with lon wooden stick, improvised spear etc. I'm guessing it's not intended.

I'm sort of hoping that the current iteration of Infected will eventually evolve into something more 28 Days Later and the Infected aren't seen really as Zombies, but come beat your ass into the ground - Break legs, arms, maybe even have some of them swing melee weapons at us. .

But this insta-death received from sickly people is just a bit silly. They wouldn't have the necessary power or energy to do that to you, if they really just walk around in a fugue and don't eat or drink?

--Also, the Black Face bug, I thought someone told me that was actually something that would be addressed in the New Player Controller, not in .61 or .62. . As strange as that sounds. 

I am closing this thread. Please go here: