Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136505

There seems to be more combat desync in this build than in previous ones, there will often be a slight delay before going unconscious or even getting killed. It seems weird because now there's less jittering inside buildings and movements seem more fluid, but more combat desync and when there was more jitters in buildings there was less desync. Makes me wonder if there can be one without the other.

I lived a couple different lives today.  I started off on 1pp, and met up with Kilgore south of Gvozdno, at the camp.  We both heard wolves before meeting up, and were very afraid that they would get to us before we could find guns and compatible ammo, but they never even bothered us.  We looted around Devil's Castle, until I saw some fellow in a blue raincoat come up the stairs.  I said hello, and he ran down the stairs. I followed him down, waiting at the top of the wooden stairs, where I saw him fiddling around at the bottom.  I got shot a couple times and died, but Kilgore managed to escape.  I made haste with a Berezino spawn and soon met him again in Sverograd.  We looted the town a bit, and moved out west, but he got shot while making an improvised backpack at the last hose on the north, at the western edge of town.  I sat in the shed waiting for to hear the footsteps of the killer coming to loot his corpse, but heard nothing, and found his empty bag when I finally came out minutes later.  It must have been an Amphibia, because all I ever heard were the bullets hitting the side of my shed, and his body was only twenty feet away.  I never did hear the footsteps of the guy who shot him.

Ran 3pp for a while with Traveler.  I spawned in Kamy and found a fellow with a black head camping the apple trees, trying to bait people for his buddy with a chainsaw.  I ran off to the east, cursing at in a jolly manner, as I reminded them that they were only wasting the gasoline for their chainsaw, and broke contact at the gully leading up to Tulga. Traveler and I met up in Polana, and finding a fair assortment of the basics, moved north.  Against my better judgement, we went to Altar chasing gunshots, and found a sniper on top of the second tallest red tower.  Traveler got him, as I was tangling with a fellow wearing a red child briefcase.  My MP-133 seemed sluggish as I failed to hit him with three separate shots.  A third guy in a orange drybag popped in and broke my legs, and managed to spam enough bullets to down Traveler as well.  Things didn't quite seem right here, as far as desync is concerned, though everybody appeared to be clothed.

I got an Elektro spawn and ran my way to Staroye, where I looted the town for a Mosin with 17 rounds, and a red 9 with one box of bullets.  I looted halfway through the tents, and had a memory exception crash.  Just seconds after logging back in, I was surprised by one of a pair of guys looting the tents, and dropped him with four shots of the red 9 as he entered my tent.  his friend ran away, and he didn't have any working guns, so I felt kinda bad; but the way things have been going on experimental lately, everybody probably deserves it.

Overall, I haven't noticed much difference with the 64 bit client.  Many of the previously known issues are still present, such as heads rendering black, zombies ignoring door states, and status indicators (bleeding) failing to update occasionally.  That last one is pretty serious on 1pp, as I feel pretty lucky to have seen a random spurt as a I was pondering why so many hits didn't make me bleed.  Every player I saw was wearing clothing, so I guess that's good.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jappegaming said:

If I am correct there is no point to use 64bit test if you have 32bit OS?

Yes.

• Like 1

64 bit dayz client was smooth on my 64 bit Windows 10 ultra version - I had no memory leak crashes recently with the last build. I hope that the 64 bit version client have plans to stay.

Experimental servers down for maintaince or a patch update this morning?

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, VVarhead said:

<---- confused on which build to run, x64 or normal? 

Run the x64 if you're able - so we can gather more data on it - but it is not required for you to test it, just icing on our cake.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, gekker said:

x64's server browser is not working for me unfortunately.

Was able to play a few hours on the normal client without crash. Experienced a game crash in the server browser though.

Server performance seems nice. My game keeps crashing at the new Kamenka military camp though. Will try again when there is less server traffic.

I had a bug with a door state where a zombie that had aggro on me didnt come into the building while the door was open. But started to move through the door once I closed it.

Additionally I was unable to fill up my PET bottle at a well.

Please make sure to open a ticket on the feedback tracker for this!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

There seems to be more combat desync in this build than in previous ones, there will often be a slight delay before going unconscious or even getting killed. It seems weird because now there's less jittering inside buildings and movements seem more fluid, but more combat desync and when there was more jitters in buildings there was less desync. Makes me wonder if there can be one without the other.

Any other people reporting this?

Guys?

14 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Guys?

Deadly seems to be having the issue (1:34 into the video) -

Edited by cs_wolf

9 minutes ago, cs_wolf said:

Deadly seems to be having the issue (1:34 into the video) -

No build ID on that video -_-

5 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Oops I totally forgot about that :X sorry :P

Hope it helps tho as video proof if still occurs <3

51 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Guys?

I had a memory leak crash again with 64 bit - so it`s not the client, but something else in Dayz SA. It probably run best on windows with 64 bit versions enabled, but I`ve had no issue with the new 64 bit client so far on windows 10. 

Will the thunder and lightning issue be fixed with no clouds in 0.61, or in beta patch?

Edited by ori42
content update

1 hour ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Guys?

3 days ago i played the rolled-back exp. version of last weekend on UK 04, 1st person. 

I was in a gunfight with a guy at tisy base, we shot at each other over a distance of maybe 150 meters with SVDs. 

I aimed and fired. At the very same moment my opponent fired as well. Still scoped, I saw the hit register (impact, blood) and the player go down. 

Maybe half a second later, my head tilted and I went down, blackscreen, dead.

I wondered if the delay was because of bullet travel, but it seemed too long for that. 

And don`t use chemlights - the yellow one crashed the dayz client for me due to low frames.

Hello! 

I've had about 5 hours playtime yesterday. Noticed a few (new) bugs.

Helicopter spawns disappear again!!! 

I was at a Helo-spawn yesterday, and when I came back about 15 minutes later the helo was gone but the loot was still there.

Dead bodies vanish

I've accidentally shot my buddy in the head yesterday (yes, I am dumb), wanted to pick up his loot but his body disappeared almost immediately.

He did not quit the game or anything.

However I did not have combat desync or any other kinds of desync yesterday, loved it!

Edited by VVarhead
  • Like 1

yeah it happen to me as well this morning about heli crash site - not sure if it`s intended or not, but it seems like crash sites is on a timer or something before it vanish.

I hope the x64 client will give me better FPS. Guess I'll have to check it out, probably tonight.

7 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

I guess that's the damage delay which is described in the OP.

2 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

I have seen all his video's of 0.61 and I can confirm that it is from an older build.

Had a chance to play using the 64-bit client last night and performance was never less than acceptable. I played mostly at dusk/night so I wasn't able to get a feel for the differences that others have noted before me -- I'll keep an eye out for those when I play again next. No hiccups, however.

18 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Another Exp/Unstable update today, for this one we're focused on:
- Server Crash(es)
- Naked Players
- x64 Client Test

THANK YOU for this! Having specific goals when hopping onto the Experimental branch is extremely helpful.

• Like 1

I had problems to see server at x64 version but giving an permission as admistrator to acces all networks fixed for me it. Now it list all servers.

4 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Guys?

The specific instance was a person with shotgun on US NE 0-2 camping front door of guardhouse I was in. I walk out, get shot in the legs, screen goes grey, I fire 1 rak shot, go into broken legs animation, fire 3 more shots prone and then go unconscious. It's similar to what happened a couple days ago when I was shot by shotgun and was able to run from one end of a house to the other before falling unconscious. Both on full servers, it could be delayed damage.

18 minutes ago, ori42 said:

Any seen boars in this exp. build? 

None.

Edited by jappegaming
  • Like 1

I was in love with the previous iterations of this build, infected numbers were almost perfect and performances were decent, too bad we had to roolback to a low infected population build. new sounds and huge infected number made this patch quite unique :( .

i played for 2h yesteday and i had a lot of sliding, especially when entering small sheds, it was out of control. played this morning and didn't experience this issue. "naked" players issue seem resolved, i've seen a few geared players and none of them appeared naked.

it seems that loot may be too scarce on some areas, i think it's tied to the new traffic jam wrecks on the west part of the map that are overloaded with loot.

3 hours ago, VVarhead said:

Hello! 

I've had about 5 hours playtime yesterday. Noticed a few (new) bugs.

Helicopter spawns disappear again!!! 

I was at a Helo-spawn yesterday, and when I came back about 15 minutes later the helo was gone but the loot was still there.

Dead bodies vanish

I've accidentally shot my buddy in the head yesterday (yes, I am dumb), wanted to pick up his loot but his body disappeared almost immediately.

He did not quit the game or anything.

However I did not have combat desync or any other kinds of desync yesterday, loved it!

Ok i can confirm that infected dead bodies did in fact disappear on me after killing them. I thought it was no loot disappear. Cleanup- script, running but i also saw dead infected on the ground too for a much longer time.

@Bio, sorry i should have commented out that x64 crap from the folder. It does not work, you can only do it from Steam games lib. X64 is listed after rightclicking on dayz exp.

Ill fix that post right now.

• Like 1