Sign in to follow this  
Thor Rikki Byhre

packing anothers tent shold take 30mins or more plz

really !!! whos tired of ppl stealign others tents .. plz make the beta relase a littlebit harder to re-pack other players tent / bases, it would make teh gaming alot more funnier (y)

30 minutes is tad bit much. While I'm all for maybe adding in some animations instead of it just *poof* and then it's packed, I think 30 minutes to pack a tent in a game is way too over the top.

Yeah maybe a bit to much but in general I would prefer such baseraid mechanics. I hope they implement something really smart for basebuilding stuff.

15 hours ago, Thor Rikki Byhre said:

really !!! whos tired of ppl stealign others tents .. plz make the beta relase a littlebit harder to re-pack other players tent / bases, it would make teh gaming alot more funnier (y)

You should take those 30 minutes and study English grammar.

I think it's you that should take a little more than 30 minutes to find a suitable spot to pitch your tent.

By the sound of it, you're the kind of guy to pitch your tent 200 meters away from the NWAF or in the middle of a field or even worse, in the forest but on the path of helicopter crash hunters.

Rule n°1 with tents: If you don't care spending hours or even days to find a suitable spot, then don't even bother with them.

The last 40 days I've played on 5 different servers and on all of them the same absurdities; people not even giving a fuck at trying to find a good spot for their stash.

In the beginning, it was funny; "oooohh an M4", now it's not funny anymore, just disappointing.

Instead of looking for a tent, you should first look for a location you think might be a good place to pitch your tent. Then put an orange taloon backpack with something worthy but not too important, something you know people would pick up if they discover the backpack, like a FNX, or a FNX magazine. Then leave it there for a few hours the day when the server has its population at its highest. If after a few hours the backpack has not been discovered and the test items are still inside, then you might try to pitch your tent there.

Don't be lazy, move your ass and look for a proper location. Pitch your tent and check if it can be seen from various angles, different distances, and at different moments of the day (yeah light can reveal your tent from far away).

I know that since they added all those cities in the north it's really difficult to find the right spot. Now you can go from Novo to Tisy by jumping from roof to roof.

Edited by MaxTheSurvivor
  • Like 1

Make the animation 5 minutes long , max , and we will see if it even has an effect on breaking down camps . I guess if you found a military survivor camp it would matter , as it would take a while just to take down ten tents so it could be much more intense trying to break down all the tents in time (of course the animation could be cancelled).

On 12.9.2016. at 6:33 PM, MaxTheSurvivor said:

There's one sweet spot on one official server that no one ever visits, my tent has been there whole summer thru diffrent stable versions and no one discovered it yet. And since I dont play DayZ anymore it's pain in the ass that I have to re-fresh it every 14 days :D

I would say 4 hours to pack up a tent full of goods. That way if you walk into the tent, you can start to count down 4 hours, then the server resets :)

Maybe they can add in an option to use rope to make your tents "extra secure" from tampering.   Like using bits of cord to reinforce every connection in the assembly.  Of course this would also increase the time it takes for ANYONE, including yourself to take it down.  Would have no effect on taking everything out of it.

Think of it like a pair of boots, that someone has laced-up normally and tied, then wrapped with a few dozen feet of paracord.  They ain't coming off without a knife of some significant time spent roleplaying Maniac McGee.

Oh please, come on guys let's use common sense before anything else. You're discussing about a way to solve the consequences of a misused item instead of telling people to make good use of it.

This is a computer game, this means devs have to code all these new features and make them work. We can't ask them a new feature each time somebody is too lazy to properly use an item.

We can't reinvent the wheel, make it square and then try to reshape the world so that squared wheels work better than the circular ones. Why not just use the circular wheels properly in the first place!

19 hours ago, MaxTheSurvivor said:

You're discussing about a way to solve the consequences of a misused item instead of telling people to make good use of it.

Yeah, that's called 'emergent gameplay.' We're big fans of emergent gameplay and idea-swapping here. Not so big fans of the many mini-rants that show up on this forum letting us know all the things we shouldn't be discussing. Reinventing the wheel is how you get better wheels.

• Like 1

30 minutes is just dumb.

Perhaps a little butthurt that everybody finds your tents?

I would also say a 5 minute maximum animation or the option to "hastily break down tent" where you drag it along the ground half taken apart  and are forced to walk slow lololol. Don't put your tent near the military bases, i have found like 3 tents within 2 miles of the bases and yup i took them  and i set them up like 1000 feet away just to mess with the persons head lol
.  Fyi guys.... you can hide your military tents in the big warehouses.... mines been there for months nobody goes in those because they know nothing spawns inside