Sign in to follow this  
ImAvixx

Lack of Gear in DayZ

I think I speak for everyone when I say: 'DayZ has almost no loot now what so ever'
I'm not sure whether you can change the loot rate on servers you own or if there was a change of updates from the developers, but all I know is, something needs to change.
On DayZ roughly about 9 months ago. Finding gear was no problem. There was food, weapons, ammo, pretty well, around every corner. Now I can see how that was a bit too much gear and it made the game a bit unfair towards new players and fresh spawns. However I've noticed that since then, gear has been no where. I am lucky to find a splitting axe within' the first 30 minutes of being spawned in (even in high loot locations (Cherno, Berezino, Elektro)). Now yes, 9 months ago, there was too much gear. But now, there is too less gear. In the next update, maybe even beta (God knows then that one is coming), there needs to be a change within' the loot rate system. More ammo, more food, more weapons. 

This has changed so drastically that ever since the 'no loot' update, I've found the prison island pointless. The prison island used to be one of the most popular locations when it was added for the amount of loot they had (which may have been a bit too much - which can be a good or a bad thing). I'm saying at least make an effort and start adding things to DayZ, like way more loot than it barely has now, advanced building to the game, just like the EPOC mod. I think everyone wants this ^. So please, Bohemia, add more loot, add more things to the game. We need another great update, like 0.60, but this time with MORE loot.

- Thanks

- Regards, Avixx

i think i am speaking for all experienced players saying:

"get your ass away from the coast"

low rate of loot at the coastal/starting regions is totally intended, just move 1km aways from the coast, and you shouöd have little to no problems

in case you have problems finding food, go search apple trees

btw:

instead of creating a forum account and writing the text you could have simply searched around a bit and you would ahve found the other 100 topics, where people complain about not finding stuff

• Like 4

all the extra loot I've had that I've been giving away because there's so much (even on the coast) says you're lazy and spamming one place.  get off your ass and go other places.  you'll find things.

• Like 1

A problem is also we ourselves. The CLE is very smart, it does not forget its items, the more Loot is stored in barrels and tents, the less the server makes. Everything that is not borne on the character belongs to the server. There are massive items collected and hoarded and the CLE is also in the know of these items. If there is no more to be found, it will be time to find the bases and to use them there. The server only adheres to the specifications of the Loottable .... often heard of loot masses which were suddenly found again, which was only because again a few forgotten bases were dissolved by the timer. But even in the worst case, something, though not much is always found.

On 9/7/2016 at 5:59 AM, ImAvixx said:

I think I speak for everyone when I say: 'DayZ has almost no loot now what so ever'
I'm not sure whether you can change the loot rate on servers you own or if there was a change of updates from the developers, but all I know is, something needs to change.
On DayZ roughly about 9 months ago. Finding gear was no problem. There was food, weapons, ammo, pretty well, around every corner. Now I can see how that was a bit too much gear and it made the game a bit unfair towards new players and fresh spawns. However I've noticed that since then, gear has been no where. I am lucky to find a splitting axe within' the first 30 minutes of being spawned in (even in high loot locations (Cherno, Berezino, Elektro)). Now yes, 9 months ago, there was too much gear. But now, there is too less gear. In the next update, maybe even beta (God knows then that one is coming), there needs to be a change within' the loot rate system. More ammo, more food, more weapons. 

This has changed so drastically that ever since the 'no loot' update, I've found the prison island pointless. The prison island used to be one of the most popular locations when it was added for the amount of loot they had (which may have been a bit too much - which can be a good or a bad thing). I'm saying at least make an effort and start adding things to DayZ, like way more loot than it barely has now, advanced building to the game, just like the EPOC mod. I think everyone wants this ^. So please, Bohemia, add more loot, add more things to the game. We need another great update, like 0.60, but this time with MORE loot.

- Thanks

- Regards, Avixx

Welcome to the forum, hang in there you will learn where the loot is.

Hang on Sqeezorz, I'm pretty sure the CLE does not 'see' stashed items, as well as those on the character....

As Red says, the key is to keep moving. If one town seems a bit dry, the next one will probably be better.

I think the scarce amount of food and ammo is awesome! It makes the game much more realistic in my opinion... so I guess you are not speaking for me ;-). Just the other night I was dying from food poising, I had one chance and that was to check the Cherno medical facility. Luckily the right loot, spawns in the right locations! I found what I needed with a little over 1500 blood! The same goes with starving or getting sick, having to actually look for items to help your survive is part of the game. Oh and move inland!

• Like 1