Aim-iliO

Identify players with Binoculars, Longrange scope etc.

You are talking about getting punished... Show me how you get punished if you can see over a distance of 300 meters who is standing in the middle of a field.

You are getting punished because the game imposes a moral code on you, telling you what's good and what's bad. Hand holding so little Jimmy doesn't do something immoral in a post apocalyptic world without any rules. 

Getting a player name displayed above their head is not a good idea, not only it will allow massive grieving, by hunting down forums members and streamers because they have a sign above their head but also will remove any all element of uncertainty and deception when running into another player. Not to mention this subject has been discussed 100 times over and devs don't want to implement a morality system. 

And yes everything should be possible, everything that is within the bounds of certain realism, and identifying a player from 200 meters when he has full face covered is nowhere near realistic. 

Edited by General Zod

On 9.8.2016 at 6:11 PM, General Zod said:

You are getting punished because the game imposes a moral code on you, telling you what's good and what's bad. Hand holding so little Jimmy doesn't do something immoral in a post apocalyptic world without any rules. 

A name over someones head is doing this? You know that what you are writing is NOT related to the suggestion... right? Because the suggestion is "if you look trough binox for 2 seconds directly at a person and he is closer than, lets say 400 meters and there is no hitbox in between (tree, bushes, walls, etc.) the Name of the player pops up. If you are using a long range scope it has to be closer than 300, with ACOG and PSO's 200 , with pu scope 100 meters." And it has nothing to do with moral, holding hands or Jimmy, because I don't know any Jimmy and I don't like holding hands. Not sure where you got this all from.

Getting a player name displayed above their head is not a good idea, not only it will allow massive grieving, by hunting down forums members and streamers because they have a sign above their head but also will remove any all element of uncertainty and deception when running into another player. Not to mention this subject has been discussed 100 times over and devs don't want to implement a morality system. 

As you can see above ITS NOT A PERMANET SIGN OVER SOMEONES HEAD, and you know that streamers and youtubers permanently change their names... or not? You know that if you prefer to hide you can just log out, change your name and log back in, or has you realy not been able to think about this solution??? And again with your morality stuff. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT A MORALITY SYSTEM AND NEVER DID IT! I hope you got it now that i wrote a bit louder.

And yes everything should be possible, everything that is within the bounds of certain realism, and identifying a player from 200 meters when he has full face covered is nowhere near realistic. 

I don't know if you have family members of friends and if that could be the reason of you above mentioned thing of realism, but if I have binoculars, and I would watch at my brother or good friend over 200 meters and he would wear a facemask or balaclava, I would be able to identify him on his body, posture, gestures, how he moves and what he does. 

2 hours ago, Aim-iliO said:

A name over someones head is doing this? You know that what you are writing is NOT related to the suggestion... right? Because the suggestion is "if you look trough binox for 2 seconds directly at a person and he is closer than, lets say 400 meters and there is no hitbox in between (tree, bushes, walls, etc.) the Name of the player pops up. If you are using a long range scope it has to be closer than 300, with ACOG and PSO's 200 , with pu scope 100 meters." And it has nothing to do with moral, holding hands or Jimmy, because I don't know any Jimmy and I don't like holding hands. Not sure where you got this all from.

First off, how does a person knows who killed them ? In order to start the bounty hunt the killer has be identified a as killer by either a victim or a witness. So tell me in detail how will that system work ? How will you know that me General Zod killed someone if we weren't even on the same server ? I shot a guy in a back he never even saw me coming but somehow there is a bounty on my head. How is this not a morality system ? 

As you can see above ITS NOT A PERMANET SIGN OVER SOMEONES HEAD, and you know that streamers and youtubers permanently change their names... or not? You know that if you prefer to hide you can just log out, change your name and log back in, or has you realy not been able to think about this solution??? And again with your morality stuff. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT A MORALITY SYSTEM AND NEVER DID IT! I hope you got it now that i wrote a bit louder.

I don't want to change my name because you want some identification system implemented. 

I don't know if you have family members of friends and if that could be the reason of you above mentioned thing of realism, but if I have binoculars, and I would watch at my brother or good friend over 200 meters and he would wear a facemask or balaclava, I would be able to identify him on his body, posture, gestures, how he moves and what he does. 

We are not talking about your brother, we are talking about a complete stranger who you never met before. How is this argument in any way related to identifying strangers ?

But I waste time, this system is not going to happen, that you can believe. Devs won't add player identification via scope / binoculars. 

1 hour ago, General Zod said:

First off, how does a person knows who killed them ? In order to start the bounty hunt the killer has be identified a as killer by either a victim or a witness. So tell me in detail how will that system work ? How will you know that me General Zod killed someone if we weren't even on the same server ? I shot a guy in a back he never even saw me coming but somehow there is a bounty on my head. How is this not a morality system ? 

So you are realy not able to read !!!!! NOONE KNOWS WHO KILLED THEM BECAUSE THIS IS NOT THE SUGGESTION THIS IS NOT THE THEME TO DISCUSS HERE. THE SUGGESTION IS WHAT I AM WRITING NOW FOR THE 1000ST TIME "if you look trough binox for 2 seconds directly at a person and he is closer than, lets say 400 meters and there is no hitbox in between (tree, bushes, walls, etc.) the Name of the player pops up. If you are using a long range scope it has to be closer than 300, with ACOG and PSO's 200 , with pu scope 100 meters." THIS IS NOT RELATED TO THE BOUNTY SYSTEM STORY OR ANYTHING ELSE. Sorry if I may tell you, but not beeing able to read what I wrote for the I don't know how many times makes you look a bit retarded or I am the retarded for not noticing that you are trolling me.

I don't want to change my name because you want some identification system implemented. 

I was also refering to your argument that streamers and youtubers would bitch arround. But I get the impression that you don't want the game maybe getting harder for you.

We are not talking about your brother, we are talking about a complete stranger who you never met before. How is this argument in any way related to identifying strangers ?

You are still not getting it right? In reality it is not about getting a players ingame name its about identifying someone you maybe met before or will meet later. I will explain it for more "simply minded" people. Maybe than you get it. Ben joins a full 50/50 server and his ingame name is Ben (is it easy enough for you?) . Ben gets now from the server the colour green over his had. General Zod meets Ben in Electro. They become friends and as soon as general Zod comes at a distance of 30 cm (1 foot) the colour green pops over his head and disapeares if he steps 1 step back. But Ben and Gereral Zod got separated. In real live you would now how Ben looks like and you would recognize him over a certain distance (BUT THATS NOT POSSIBLE IN DAYZ). ON his travels General Zod spots a player over the distance and he is able to take his binoculars and keep the guy for longer than 5 seconds in the middle of his binoculars. The colour green pops over his head and General Zod now identifies the player as his missed friend Ben to who he wanted to confess the whole time his strong love. And if they did not got killed by strangers, they still love each other till the end of their days.

But I waste time, this system is not going to happen, that you can believe. Devs won't add player identification via scope / binoculars. 

Oh damn it. Why did you not tell us that you work for bohemia and you have lot more information than us... I spend to many hours trying to explain you what you obviously did not understand for nothing? Realy?? You are so mean !!

Well if the sole purpose of that system is to make friends like Ben than by all means add it, with an option to opt out from it. Or just ad it later on as a mod.  I don't want strangers to be able to tell who I am just by looking at me. I don't want your forums friend to make your bounty system easier with some magic recognition system. And hell if you want to be friends with Ben talk to him and introduce yourself. Rather than just popping up a name tag above my head. Just because you want something on your server doesn't mean it should be enforced on all of players. 

Allow me expand since you did (without the insults).

If this system is in fact implemented, spreads game wide, players who are bandits or killers or stick to their name will sooner or later gain certain type of reputation. That will spread through out forums such as this or like the "oldschool" you mentioned. Players being able to recognise them from distance those people will no longer be able to bandit because everyone will avoid them. What I and most likey a lot of other bad guys don't want is someone who never met me look at me through a scope or binoculars, see my name and think, hmmm General Zod, I heard about him on some forums, says he's a bad guy, I suppose this identification system is my get out of jail free card.

Edited by General Zod

Finaly you got it. Thanks for that.

But how should players know that you are a known bandit if you just KOS? Or if you betray them... if they are not able to check your pulse they just would be able (if they have binoculars and are able to see you in the distance) to see your ingame name over a certain distance but never suggest that you are the guy who betrayed him/them. And what about that guys that are proud to be bandits and WANT to be known over all servers. For this known bandits, the banditery would be more challanging as they would have a reputation. "You can calculate the worth of a man by the number of his enemies," GUSTAVE FLAUBERT, letter to Madame Louise Colet, Jun. 14, 1853 . 

As I said it would just ad a new chalange to the game. It about the storry you would be able to aditionaly tell. I see endless ways to improve the fun in the game. The Idea in my first posting would only work in a private hive with a closed comunity where everyone knows each other and where an forum exists. This is the minority of the servers and it only was an example what would be possible. I realy don't see any negative point of the suggestion and the same as you I would hate it to run constantaniously with my name over the head. You can forget my system in loctions of close combat, because you just don't have time to aim long enough to see the name popping up. 

The players shouldn't know whether or not you're a bandit. And it's not my words, devs said that they in fact said they aren't (or weren't at the time) considering adding any hero / bandit or a morality system. Not as a default anyway. 

But lets indulge it for a moment. How does a game tell if my kills was offensive or defensive ? An unarmed player gets to close to me with an intent to knock me out, which happens a lot because they have nothing to lose by trying that, I shoot him, he dies the game detects me shooting down an unarmed and add to my bad reputation. And even if they get it to work I can always wipe my slate clean by getting my steam friends to log in, help them add to my hero points and go back to being a bad guy while everyone sees me as good one. Right now every time you run into a stranger there is tension and fear of the unknown, hero / bandit takes that away. 

Not to mention that KoS is rampant because almost three years after I got this game, the survival mechanics are still barely there, but the number (both type and quantity) of military grade weapons is insane. In fact there is more weapons than any other type of items on the map. 

Edited by General Zod

Yes you are right in every point. But again. This is not related to the fact, that it would be nice to identify players over longer distances.

Well than I see no reason why it shouldn't be available via modding or even in game option, I just don't think it should be enforced globally. 

BI devs wont add it possible? but most of us will most likely add it to modded servers. As long as the scripting side of things are fairly close to the arma2, arma3.

Having clan only ones for pvp isnt a bad thing, having scoped, bio's over a long distanced range is ok with me, but not the map icons.

I would rather just have map icons for grouped/clan players, like sat view. Not the whole server it is abused.

Well, it sounds that everyone has the opinion, that this suggestion has to be implemented asap . I am glad that you like it guys. Its a wise decision.

The thing with the WANTED stuff, is that there is no authority in Cherno. So nobody could tell to others whos wanted, nor there are laws to break. Plus no one knows who's good or who's bad :/. And I'm afraid that the devs will not want this because they told that they will not introduce any "karma" system in the vanilla game. 

The system looks cool tho, hope a modder implements it!

I just suggested something to make Cherno a friendlier place (or more social at least) with a Dynamic Player Tag system 

On 16.8.2016 at 3:28 AM, exwoll said:

The thing with the WANTED stuff, is that there is no authority in Cherno. So nobody could tell to others whos wanted, nor there are laws to break. Plus no one knows who's good or who's bad :/. And I'm afraid that the devs will not want this because they told that they will not introduce any "karma" system in the vanilla game. 

The system looks cool tho, hope a modder implements it!

I just suggested something to make Cherno a friendlier place (or more social at least) with a Dynamic Player Tag system 

Again, the suggestion is not the "Wanted" example. The suggestion is to be able to identify players with binoculars etc. . The wanted is an example what you could make out of it without any mods. Please would you read the whole topic and then think about your answer again? Thanks. (Maybe I should delete the whole wanted thing, because it seems to confuse the people).

Edited by Aim-iliO

On 09/08/2016 at 5:57 PM, Aim-iliO said:

"It's unrealistic at any range with any object because that's not something you do without players looking differently" . Exactly. Because in game the players do somehow all look the same (all in military gear with 15 different faces for over 3 mio players) you cant identify specific players. But if you want to have it realistic, than it has to exist an other method to identify players (my suggestion).  In real life you look at someones face and you know if its your neighbour or not. You are talking about getting punished... Show me how you get punished if you can see over a distance of 300 meters who is standing in the middle of a field.

"Can't even describe how boring this game would become without the tension of meeting another survivor. What would I have to worry or fear after I got clothes on my back and a weapon to fend of the zeds? Nothing that's what. " Exactly my opinion. But thats what I wrote.  "Imagine Noone would KOS any more. Where would be the risk? Read the rules of oldschooldayz.net . There are almost no rules ! Because as you said. Its a sandbox game, everything should be possible."

but if you want it realistic - why is there teamspeak in the game? I don't follow this. People want popup messages over the heads of players but they do NOT want global text chat in the game, but they DO want teamspeak AND they want a message to say if a player is a BAD PERSON or not? .. and this is an argument about realism? .. Why don't we also have scope messages that say "this player looks like one of your buddies" or "this player tells lies" .. ? 

Edited by pilgrim*

On 21.8.2016 at 11:09 AM, pilgrim* said:

but if you want it realistic - why is there teamspeak in the game? I don't follow this. People want popup messages over the heads of players but they do NOT want global text chat in the game, but they DO want teamspeak AND they want a message to say if a player is a BAD PERSON or not? .. and this is an argument about realism? .. Why don't we also have scope messages that say "this player looks like one of your buddies" or "this player tells lies" .. ? 

You did not read the whole topic... right? My suggestion: do it before you sound "simple minded" .

On 8/19/2016 at 3:36 AM, Aim-iliO said:

Again, the suggestion is not the "Wanted" example. The suggestion is to be able to identify players with binoculars etc. . The wanted is an example what you could make out of it without any mods. Please would you read the whole topic and then think about your answer again? Thanks. (Maybe I should delete the whole wanted thing, because it seems to confuse the people).

Ah, yeah sorry :). 

I still think as others here that giving any karma way to someone makes it punishing to behave as they want. 

Moral codes are tied to societies, and different ones have different moral codes. For example in some killing might be well seen, in others kids marry at 12yo, in others you cant even lie or hit someone, etc. Morals are quite relative stuff and depends on the people.

If society disappeared in Dayz, then the moral codes by which it was governed also went away, so theres only groups of people with different moral codes fighting each other for survival. 

Now, about the naming. Seeing a name of an unknown player from distance is a)non-realistic (you dont have psychic powers to know the name from distance), b)it makes easier to hunt people (oh look, that's the streamer, lets kill him!) , c) would ruin game immersion (it would look like wow or some other rpgmmo).  As I linked to you before, in my suggestion, I tried to implement the name idea in a realistic way, and come up with the following:  People COULD have a tag above or in the chest area, ONLY if:

1. you met them before (clearly saw their face), and they told you their names (or you tagged them with some nick, like. *Tried.2.kill.me, *Friendly.Pliceman.from.Solnechnyi)

2. they are within a 40-50m radius (which is the max distance a person can recognize the face of another one). Binoculars and scopes would be able to see it too, only if they reach the mentioned distance with their magnification. 

3. You can clearly see their faces (if they wear a mask, a wall/tree/other obstacle covers their face, then you don't see the name)

4. You can turn tags on/off so they don't ruin the game.

5.Tags are tied to characters. If someone dies, he receives a new code, and you wouldn't be able to recognize him after, nor he would "remember" other players.

Thats the simple idea. It can be developed further to "tag sharing", where one player can share the identity of another one (like if they made a photo or a drawing) with their friends, and this could evolve into a "wanted" kind of system where a group can know who to hunt down.

And I'll add a couple of images of what would the tag/name look like in-game. (i tried the less intrusive way)

87kN6hu.jpg8Fp1Xkx.jpgAku1rXa.jpg

Details about this: 

Edited by exwoll

but if you want it realistic - why is there teamspeak in the game?

Sorry mate, Teamspeak is not related to bohemia or dayz. You could also ask why is there Skype, whatsapp, telegram or any other tool for communicating. 

People want popup messages over the heads of players but they do NOT want global text chat in the game, but they DO want teamspeak AND they want a message to say if a player is a BAD PERSON or not? .. and this is an argument about realism? .. Why don't we also have scope messages that say "this player looks like one of your buddies" or "this player tells lies" .. ? 

Hmmm, as I am a bit simple minded... could you explain how my suggestion is relate to all the stuff above you wrote? How is a visible name under very special circumstances related to global chat? Or if it is a bad player or not? "this player looks like one of your buddies" or "this player tells lies" .. would be too long for the scope. Right?

On 23.8.2016 at 3:25 AM, exwoll said:

I still think as others here that giving any karma way to someone makes it punishing to behave as they want. 

Moral codes are tied to societies, and different ones have different moral codes. For example in some killing might be well seen, in others kids marry at 12yo, in others you cant even lie or hit someone, etc. Morals are quite relative stuff and depends on the people.

If society disappeared in Dayz, then the moral codes by which it was governed also went away, so theres only groups of people with different moral codes fighting each other for survival. 

Again for the 1000st time. No one is talking about karma or anything. Its only about Identifying a player with specific items over a longer distance. How is this related to moral codes, please help me to understand.

Now, about the naming. Seeing a name of an unknown player from distance is a)non-realistic (you dont have psychic powers to know the name from distance), b)it makes easier to hunt people (oh look, that's the streamer, lets kill him!) , c) would ruin game immersion (it would look like wow or some other rpgmmo).  As I linked to you before, in my suggestion, I tried to implement the name idea in a realistic way, and come up with the following:  People COULD have a tag above or in the chest area, ONLY if:

Its not about seeing a name. Its about identifying a player. Its realistic to identify someone with binoculars over a bigger distance. And yes it makes it easyer to hunt a streamer. But how would you know that he is a streamer if he did no tell you his name and that he is a streamer? Whe had this argument already.  Streamers change their names frequetly to not beeing recognized. Mr. Blackout is not running arround as Mr. Blackout ingame. 

And I like the Idea of the name on the chest (and maybe back?) of a player. But I don't know if it would be possible to read over a bigger distance, as it should only be visible when you have him in the center of your scope or binoculars for longer than 2-5 seconds. If he leaves the center it should disapear again. Would it not beharder to implement as a name over the head?

1. you met them before (clearly saw their face), and they told you their names (or you tagged them with some nick, like. *Tried.2.kill.me, *Friendly.Pliceman.from.Solnechnyi)

2. they are within a 40-50m radius (which is the max distance a person can recognize the face of another one). Binoculars and scopes would be able to see it too, only if they reach the mentioned distance with their magnification. 

3. You can clearly see their faces (if they wear a mask, a wall/tree/other obstacle covers their face, then you don't see the name)

4. You can turn tags on/off so they don't ruin the game.

5.Tags are tied to characters. If someone dies, he receives a new code, and you wouldn't be able to recognize him after, nor he would "remember" other players.

Thats the simple idea. It can be developed further to "tag sharing", where one player can share the identity of another one (like if they made a photo or a drawing) with their friends, and this could evolve into a "wanted" kind of system where a group can know who to hunt down.

And I'll add a couple of images of what would the tag/name look like in-game. (i tried the less intrusive way)

1. Then balaclavas and facemasks should be a lot harder to find. Check pulse should be enough. Tagging would be too much I think. Knowing his name should be enough. If you are not able to remember his name its your problem. 

2. Something similar what I recomended.

3. I am with you.. IF the balaclavas and facemasks would be a lot harder to find. A hitbox (even a looktrough bush) should be enough to not be able to see the name.

4. Maybe activated or deactivated by admins for the whole server.

5. But some players want to be recognized by others even if they died (like me). And I know of some bandit squads and "crazy" squads on Oldschooldayz.net (like the YOLO) squad that want to be recognized to create some fear. So I personaly am completely agains that point.

PS: That was the first very constructive posting to this topic. Thanks for that.

Well. I guess just adding way, way more face options would make this a non-issue, right? Maybe even a couple of different animation sets so players each have a slight variation in the way that they move. I don't want floating names, and I sure as shit don't want any kind of reputation system, or tagging, or any nonsense like that.

23 hours ago, BeefBacon said:

Well. I guess just adding way, way more face options would make this a non-issue, right? Maybe even a couple of different animation sets so players each have a slight variation in the way that they move. I don't want floating names, and I sure as shit don't want any kind of reputation system, or tagging, or any nonsense like that.

Yes. Way, way, way, way, way, way.... WAY more face options. The names I suggested would only be an easy and fast way to solve it.

On 24/08/2016 at 2:32 PM, Aim-iliO said:

Sorry mate, Teamspeak is not related to bohemia or dayz. You could also ask why is there Skype, whatsapp, telegram or any other tool for communicating. 

Hmmm, as I am a bit simple minded... could you explain how my suggestion is relate to all the stuff above you wrote? How is a visible name under very special circumstances related to global chat? Or if it is a bad player or not? "this player looks like one of your buddies" or "this player tells lies" .. would be too long for the scope. Right?

There is nothing to explain. Sorry dude, if you don't get the relation between "REALISM" in a game - to TS or any non-inclusive group/team universal comms system used the  game, name messages at a distance used in a game, a limitation (built into the game by the designers) on the distance that speech and text communication can be used in the game, and (as exwoll points out) a standard reward-punishment morality applied to the game  ... and 'realism' in that game, its because you ARE a BIT simple minded,  You have 'problems' with conceptualization and acceptable holistic structuralist solutions (ie you haven't thought it through because you  are a ground-up team player who habitually relies on other people for direction, and shuns individuality)

- Also you have not read much/any the last 2 years of discussions on those CLOSELY RELATED topics (did you even look?). See You around.

ps I am a POKEMON (classic) fan, I am also a DayZ fan .. this means I am a rock climber NOT a football player. Get it?

exwoll says intelligent stuff and has put time into the idea, I like his presentation a lot but I don't like the concept (unless the name tags were voluntary, but that stuff is for ArmA, right?). The POINT of DayZ is you do NOT (repeat - *not*) KNOW your 'enemy' however long you have been buddied up - and in this game we DO NOT want a TS buddy to say "hey a guy called xwoll just KILLED me" .. 

You follow? - if you want DayZ to be even more Team Fortress, you can build an "old school"  mod, right?

xx pilgrim

(Sorry to be so DIRECT, but 'simple minded' should not have been part of the discussion? I HOPE you don't really mean that about yourself?
(A discussion includes DIFFERENT points of view, that's what it is FOR.)

Edited by pilgrim*

On 21/08/2016 at 10:09 AM, pilgrim* said:

And how do we stop people from using teamspeak ? Legitimately asking. Global chat is unrealistic and IS withing devs control thus we don't have it. Teamspeak is unrealistic but IT IS  NOT within devs control. 

On 1.9.2016 at 10:25 AM, pilgrim* said:

(Sorry to be so DIRECT, but 'simple minded' should not have been part of the discussion? I HOPE you don't really mean that about yourself?
(A discussion includes DIFFERENT points of view, that's what it is FOR.)

"Hmmm, as I am a bit simple minded... ".... What is here difficult to understand?? Did I call you simple minded??? I get the impression that you don't realy read what others are posting.

Edited by Aim-iliO

On 05/10/2016 at 6:05 PM, General Zod said:

And how do we stop people from using teamspeak ? Legitimately asking. Global chat is unrealistic and IS withing devs control thus we don't have it. Teamspeak is unrealistic but IT IS  NOT within devs control. 

Exactly Zod - key point - So SAD using global comms (teamspeak) only between 'at-home-buddies' across the whole map, in a survival game. It is an exploit, end of story. Teamspeak users don't respect the game, but the mass gamer culture is "use all the exploits you can" (and screw the game).  That's how it is.  My way out (because I'm a FART) is to play solo and talk to players when I meet them face to face. I also don't have my own public hive kick-server to gear up, I don't dupe, and if you find my tent you won't get kicked for it ( and I DONT want a sign over your head to say you're the player who did it) .. I just play the <boring> DayZ the way it was <boringly> designed to be played. I want to be OUT THERE, alert and STRESSED - Damn, I don't even get a buzz out of shooting guys in underwear and dissing other players. ( jeez I must be DUMB, right?)

- If a company want to build a game that MUST be played as it was intended, then they must build it Cast IRON - and THEN  most people won't play it. Why? -  because games without exploits and "advantages" and cheats don't attract a mass of people. The DayZ game is "the way it is", but a whole mass of players want to turn it into Team Fortress. and the way you play IS the game -  DayZ is a game about << getting geared up fast with your mates and shooting stuff - there is a lot of crap added in but you don't get involved with that Bullshit.>>  The same people who play GTA for laffs play DayZ the same way as they play GTA.. it's just hanging at the mall for kicks.. Damn, in DayZ you can't even get points or achievements or levels or startups or gear outs or scores or power ups,  so there's nothing to do except act the fool and piss around  ( .. so folk say).

BUT if you look through the comments, you will see that most of the long term players ARE pretty much solo dudes.. (good people!)  I mean they make their own way - and THEY get the maximum value out of this SPECIAL game .. if they meet up it is with other players like themselves, not with their mates from school ..  

Hey, we could EVEN educate a mass of players to get MORE out of the game, more out of their LIVES,  and have MORE FUN and better value by playing this SPECIAL game as it should be, instead of twisting and exploiting it into another standard lookalike.      

I'm NOT complaining here (I'm sounding off) - I'm trying to stating a fact - If I kill a player in a firefight encounter I have to get out of there fast - because USUALLY that =DEAD= player is telling his 5 mates exactly where I am and what I am wearing. So I already HAVE a sign over my head saying "This is the One" ..  To be realistic his mates wouldn't even know he was dead until they found the body.

And when players say they want to "recognize their buddies" - do they mean they play with buddies but  DONT have teamspeak?... aint that pretty TOTALLY RARE these days ??  Hard to believe. In fact  ASK the player who he is, and if he's not on your channel, just shoot him. That's how we play DayZ, the modern method.

If there were some way of cutting out TeamSpeak and also keeping the servers FAIR - I would =LOVE= that - But the player base would drop by 50-70 percent.

xx pilgrim