Sign in to follow this  
FlimFlamm

Speakers!!!!

This might sound like a silly suggestion but hear it out:

Speakers!!!!!!!!

P4B-front_3.jpg

Since there is going to be a rather sophisticated radio network, having as many means of output as possible will only further increase the modularity and diversity of utility of said radio network.

I can think of some interesting possible uses for such a system:

• Base P.A/Alarm systems (amounts to a potent organizational tool for groups and their bases)
  • Zombie lures (which has endless utility in a zed infested apocalypse)
  • Player lures (whether an honest way to find others or simply a trap)
  • Multiple speaker configurations so to where the more speakers you have the farther the sound travels
  • Sound warfare to drive your enemies insane and maybe block the ease of their communication
  • Capturing people and forcing to play "SAW" like games of survival.

We know there is going to be electricity, and that it will be glorious, and we know there is going to be more sophisticated in game sound control options (like the incoming megaphone for instance), and we also know that we're getting a totally awesome sound engine from the good folks working on the Arma series. All the ingredients seem to be here for such a system to be implemented.

Can you think of any other cool or useful ways to employ speakers?

Edited by FlimFlamm

You'll need an amp... And mains electricity... So possibly quite far ahead. I'm with you on the capacity to broadcast over (say) the whole NWAF and thereby annoy the hell out of everyone with your chants of "F*ck you GI!", etc.

2 hours ago, FlimFlamm said:

Can you think of any other cool or useful ways to employ speakers?

jimmy buffett?

I would loke to see megaphones. They could use the batteries that are already in game. It would also be awesome if they get item placement figured out, so you could place a megaphone on the ground in front of a walkie talkie or on the hood of a car, effectively creating a broadcast system.

1 hour ago, JBURNS489 said:

I would loke to see megaphones. They could use the batteries that are already in game. It would also be awesome if they get item placement figured out, so you could place a megaphone on the ground in front of a walkie talkie or on the hood of a car, effectively creating a broadcast system.

http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-0-60-megaphone-3d-model-preview/

Already confirmed. Enjoy! :) 

• Like 2

"GOOOOOOOD MORNING CHENARUS!  DJ Big Mike coming at ya LIVE and Uninfected from my secret hidey hole.  Don't have a radio?  Think you can drown out my lovely voice?  TOO BAD!  I've got the whole city wired up and you're not gonna be able to shoot out all my speakers like last time!  I know who you are and I'm gonna sick Ivan on ya!  Isn't that right Ivan?" *Sounds of a zombie snarling and chains rattling.*  "Ivan agrees with me and he's hungry as hell, and not just for flesh!  We've got the latest songs found off an old Ipod and up next is Leningrad with Super Good.  Radio in your requests, death threats, and poor attempts to lure me out of my Hidey Hole.  Just don't call in for any medical advice, that's frequency 107.5, I'm 105.7." *Russian Ska music starts playing.

• Like 3

"Do you want to earn the respect of fellow stalkers? 

Do you want to build a team of loyal friends who will stick up for you in times of trouble?

Do you dream of kicking some Duty ass?

All this and many other opportunities awaits you if you join Freedom!"