The2ndLink

DayZ expected release date

I used to play the mod a lot and I do look forward to playing the standalone. I don't follow the game but I take a look once in a while. Now when googling around a little the latest information seems to be beta at the end of 2015 and release in 2016?

So I thought I would ask here, you guys who are actively following development. Any news when I can expect a fully polished release? What is your estimation based on your experiences of the last years?

Beta end of 2016 and release ate the end of 2017?

39 minutes ago, The2ndLink said:

What is your estimation based on your experiences of the last years?

I had a sarcastic response to this but I deleted it. No amount of sarcasm would be adequate to truly represent the amount that is warranted. 

• Like 1

On a related note: would anybody like to try guessing how many jelly beans are in this jar?

2277988_1_O.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

On a related note: would anybody like to try guessing how many jelly beans are in this jar?

2277988_1_O.jpg

There's a cool phenomenon that we could use to find out. If we had around 100 or more guesses from forum users, we could actually take the average of all the guesses and we would be accurate to within less than two jellies! (or something impressive like that) It's called "wisdom of the crowd". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisdom_of_the_crowd

Therefore, we could get 100 guesses about when DayZ is going to be released and we could take the average XD . WE WOULD THEORETICALLY BE ACCURATE TO WITHIN TWO CANS OF BEANS!!!

Beta is going to come out sometime in the beginning of 2017, or maybe at the end of 2016 if we stay on our absolute best behavior.

When 1.0 comes out is pretty much impossible to say. When beta comes out with modding and a shit ton of features DayZ might be altered so heavily that there's no telling how long it might take to completely finish the job.

Edited by FlimFlamm

Current estimate is 2016/early 2017 for Beta, full release maybe the end of 2017 early 2018 assuming nothing 'bad' happens and things go smoothly.

38 minutes ago, IkaikaKekai said:

Current estimate is 2016/early 2017 for Beta, full release maybe the end of 2017 early 2018 "assuming nothing 'bad' happens and things go smoothly."

4 hours ago, eno said:

I had a sarcastic response to this but I deleted it. No amount of sarcasm would be adequate to truly represent the amount that is warranted. 

'Nuff said (again.)

52 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

Ahh yes I remember that.

So what I take from this thread is estimated full release somewhere 2018, probably the later half. Thanks for the info.

2018 at best towards the end of the year.

Pushing a release date is so wrong on many levels, we get half of a game.

I want good no GREAT modding tools, perfect server admin tools, and the best damn game i can play.

At this point, it doesn't look like we will even hit beta this year. Beta was supposed to be in January 2016 according to the roadmap. They are a full 7 months behind on that timeline and we still don't have rotor and fixed wing aircraft, base building, proper infected spawning, hostile animals, the new player controller, the new animation system, the new audio engine, full crafting system implementation, electrical systems, barricading, mod tools/Steam Workshop support, server files and tools, and so much more. Not to mention the fact that almost every system already implemented is only there to demonstrate that the underlying tech works. They still have tons of content to add to flesh out those systems. I'd be shocked if DayZ hit 1.0 by the end of 2018. I mean it. Absolutely shocked.

Yeah it was a nice aim for 2016 release but it's very common for a project to go over by 12-24 months. Though in it's current state now its a very playable so my patience has been placated again. :) Plenty of time for the helicopters, wolves and hazmat's yet! :)

I honestly think, and can't blame them, the devs are getting tired of DayZ. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I know I would be if I was in their shoes. 

Like... Its been probably 4 years since the start of early development, or at least coming up on 4... dealing with the weird development cycle of this game, (having artists pumping out graphics, textures and modellers pumping out equipment before the core engine and game mechanics are 100% done and polished.), dealing with a frustrated community (including myself) with no telling how much longer to go... Then the project lead dips because "reasons"... At this point, we're too far in for a fresh start and people have paid too much money for early access so you feel obligated to finish it...

I'd be frustrated and counting the days till I can rid my hands of this game if I was a developer. 

Listen, devs. At this point, I wouldn't even be mad if you guys decided to scrap it and start over from scratch. I got like 300 or so hours since December 16th 2013. I got my money's worth of fun. Hell, I'd even pay a good $15 CAD again just to have a good alpha build of said hypothetical new game. The way it was supposed to be. Working zeds with hordes etc.

Well that escalated quickly...

9 hours ago, synystr said:

I got like 300 or so hours since December 16th 2013

Add a 0 to that to get a voice. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eno said:

3000 hours? So you want me to put 125 days of game time in. Are you nuts? You must be like unemployed, single, and poor.

No. I get a voice because I purchased this game in early access. Early access meaning that the game will be finished... this decade.

7 hours ago, eno said:

Wonder how much they pay you to be a yes man. Because I don't know how else you can earn a living... assuming you have also put 3000 hours in this pre-game.

2 hours ago, synystr said:

3000 hours? So you want me to put 125 days of game time in. Are you nuts? You must be like unemployed, single, and poor.

No. I get a voice because I purchased this game in early access. Early access meaning that the game will be finished... this decade.

Actually- early access doesn't mean it will be finished at all. It means early access.

2 hours ago, synystr said:

Wonder how much they pay you to be a yes man. Because I don't know how else you can earn a living... assuming you have also put 3000 hours in this pre-game.

I see your bucket of stupid is overflowing. I think it's hilarious that you come in here wagging 300 hours in 2 and a half years like it's your red phone to BI head office and in the same paragraph suggest they start all over again for your 15 dollars. 

Unreal.

Honestly, if they never officially release the game, that's fine by me - as long as they keep building on it! =)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eno said:

Actually- early access doesn't mean it will be finished at all. It means early access.

I see your bucket of stupid is overflowing. I think it's hilarious that you come in here wagging 300 hours in 2 and a half years like it's your red phone to BI head office and in the same paragraph suggest they start all over again for your 15 dollars. 

Unreal.

No, I'm saying I'd rather them start from scratch and do it right then continue on with the pipe dream that the current game has become. And exactly, 2 and half years and we aren't out of alpha yet. We don't even have working zombies yet... in DayZ.

Should just be called DayH for hats. 

(And my 300 hours we're put in the first 6 months or so. I uninstalled it after that and just told myself to wait for 1.0...)

8 hours ago, eno said:

Also, this is whats wrong with the DayZ community. You've got on these rose coloured glasses and are buckled into the band wagon so tightly, the blood isn't circulating well enough to your brain. 

Hows that dev road map btw? lel

Just now, synystr said:

(And my 300 hours we're put in the first 6 months or so. I uninstalled it after that and just told myself to wait for 1.0...)

Well that's one reason to come in here bursting with bright ideas.