SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

It's weird though, I haven't got past hot and that includes sprinting the entire west and north borders of the map and numerous laps sprinted around Skalatisty.

I do miss the fear of the cold, I live at a similar latitude to where Chenarus should be and aside from three or four months of the year being in the water or in the woods wet would incapacitate you in short order, even the three warm months if you're wet it's still cold enough to be debilitating at night in the woods.

Well I was hot at Tisy base, overheating at miskino tents and didn't come up hyperthermic until I was almost to Pulkovo.  It takes awhile to get that far heatwise.  I was a little panicked that I may pass out while I was in the hyperthermic stage.  Didn't happen though,. 

• Like 1

Newest live update for me: Stuck in first person on third person enabled server, pressing "P" for player list no longer works.

1 hour ago, Dudester100 said:

Another stupid GIF.

Now he will ban me from forum.

1 hour ago, Dudester100 said:

Edited by igor-vk

32 minutes ago, JohnMcClane said:

-snip- pressing "P" for player list no longer works.

That's out of DayZ forever, Brando.

• Like 4

Untitled.png

Says the people who are completly uncapable of doing their jobs. I've stopped reporting bugs because of dev's arrogance. I understand there are PRIORITY bugs but this is just insane! I've reported some stuff about sniper rifles not being fixed 1 month ago in Exp. section and WAAAAY back in 0.59 on Feedback tracker. You know what they did? Nothing... I just feel like they are focusing on another playstyle where players just rush in do 420 blaze shots, while they are discriminating long-range engagments... Rangefinder is FUCKED up, zeroing's UI is blocked by some gray square and scope's borders aren't placed correctly. Unbelivable... I won't even bother posting another bug report thread...

25 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

Untitled.png

Says the people who are completly uncapable of doing their jobs. I've stopped reporting bugs because of dev's arrogance. I understand there are PRIORITY bugs but this is just insane! I've reported some stuff about sniper rifles not being fixed 1 month ago in Exp. section and WAAAAY back in 0.59 on Feedback tracker. You know what they did? Nothing... I just feel like they are focusing on another playstyle where players just rush in do 420 blaze shots, while they are discriminating long-range engagments... Rangefinder is FUCKED up, zeroing's UI is blocked by some gray square and scope's borders aren't placed correctly. Unbelivable... I won't even bother posting another bug report thread...

loagiTO.jpg

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

Untitled.png

pwve6.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JohnMcClane said:

pressing "P" for player list no longer works.

didn't work at all in my experience ..

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dudester100 said:

pwve6.jpg

definitely not topic related but it reminded me of that ... why ever ...

mYE0iGx.jpg

why exactly made you that connection ?... i'm sorry, i really am ....but

j1gs46B.gif

Edited by mammut (DayZ)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnMcClane said:

Newest live update for me: Stuck in first person on third person enabled server, pressing "P" for player list no longer works.

Try changing to another 3pp server.  I have had that happen to me also on UK28 I think it was.  BTW, since .60 came out P hasn't worked for me during any iteration.  I do love seeing BI showing the Global Bans though, I dig that a lot.

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

That's out of DayZ forever, Brando.

Be that as it may, it still shows up in controls as a thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Caused said:

-TBDR-

• Like 2

16 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I was just sharing my suspicious superstitions on how to stay cool.  It has worked pretty well, stripping down while running, but I noticed that loading up my rifle seemed to counter it a bit.  But rolling around naked or swimming in circles for ten seconds, then resting 20, and repeating seems to cool me the fastest.

But really, just don't wear pants most of the time.  You will have very few overheating issues, and 6-8 reserve inventory slots.

I really don't get why I'm overheating so much because to be honest, I'm a cool guy.

7 hours ago, veshcula said:

or they could just FIX this issue.. and be done with it.. this game is supposed to feel realistic right?
running for 40 min doesn't give you hyperthermia

and even if it does... laying/sitting in water that is around 14 Celsius would cool your body very rapidly.. people on the titanic died within 10-15 min (water was -2 Celsius) so from 37 C to around 26 in 15 min... 
plus the fact, that heating up costs more energy than cooling down.. simple logic fact. 

staying warm should be the biggest issue.. but since all the clothing (apart from shorts and shirt) keep you warm and toasty within 5 minutes.. everything is screwed.

so all we can do is hope they fix it, because 'just take your pants off, roll around in the water, swim for 10 minutes than jog for another 5..' will not make this game playable.. more likely retarded...

"running for 40 min doesn't give you hyperthermia", have you ever sprinted 40 minutes straight in real life with a motorcycle helmet, a big warm winter jacket and some warm winter pants? I bet after a few minutes you will strip naked and say "I'm never doing that again".

Now I do agree on the cooling off part, that is bugged because if you're overheating that means you are sweating which will cool you off as well if you sit still. And I didn't even mention being drenched by water, that should cool you rapidly off.

To test if overheating is bugged start walking all the time, with beginner clothes, if that makes you overheating or hypertermic then it is bugged.

6 hours ago, ori42 said:

*snip*

I was scouting the city for 3 hours this morning and it was completely empty on full server and not a single shot fired..

*snip*

Audio isn't reliable at the moment because gunshots are definitely bugged at the moment. At least that is what I'm experiencing. Didn't hear the grenade go off yesterday while I was 10 meter away from the house.

5 hours ago, Burner89 said:

I think .308 Winchester Rounds are too rare... yesterday i searched over 6 hours every house and found nothing same as 7.62x54mmR Rounds.  How you should contest people with M4,AK,AKM, who are camping at the military base?

I believe it is good that they are so rare at the moment. The more powerful a gun/ammo is, the rarer the ammo should be.

3 hours ago, Just Caused said:

*snip*

- Range finder: ok I agree on that one, it's a bit annoying.

- Zeroing being blocked by this gray bar: fixed for me

- Seeing a small stripe of environment at the edges of the scope: really? That makes you so pissed of? Like, really!?

[sarcasm]I hate this game, I can't measure the distance and I can see a little of the environment at the edges of my scope. This is outrageous! I'm going to quit playing DayZ![/sarcasm]

• Like 3

7 hours ago, veshcula said:

this game is supposed to feel realistic right?
snip...

I don't know about you, but when I go out in the woods on a sunny summer day, the only thing you'll find me wearing is a pair of shorts, some damaged boots, and my fishing vest.  And I still take off my vest whenever I'm not moving, and often wade out chest deep to cool off.

Seems pretty accurate to me...

5 hours ago, Parazight said:

Eugen Harton asked on twitter.

Most severe: Vehicles close to each other, Rubberbanding, Dead inventory cells.  Exactamundo!!!

Somewhat annoying: Russian helicopters not smoking.  And they not being visible from any greater than 200 meters, but I consider that a security bonus.  It's not too fair for all the players who have yet to memorize all of the exact locations, though.

Anyone else experiencing the possible "overheating bug" only while wearing a mountain backpack.? Me and my friend have been playing a while together I have a mountain backback and keep overheating, he has a drybag and has not over heated once. I just find a pond and rest and that fixes my status, I don't know if its a bug because it seems realistic other than the fact it might take too long to cool down. Ill be in a pond wading for up to 5 minutes some times it seems, maybe even longer before I cool down at all.

Loving the 0.60 experimental, but hating playing on the US southwest servers... The European servers have at least some players interested in interacting in other ways than shooting on each other.
The US servers are, I guess, a good representation of the US population, with an attitude towards weapons bordering the insane. 

Yes, I am writing this in frustration, after beeing shot on on every occation the last few days... Seems that the US servers are the only servers with available slots these days...

In the good old days, the experimental servers had some of the most interesting people in the game... But I guess the old days have gone... 

The game has improved though...

Ohh well... Lets try again... Some friendlies must be left out there...

1 hour ago, rokvam said:

Loving the 0.60 experimental, but hating playing on the US southwest servers... The European servers have at least some players interested in interacting in other ways than shooting on each other.
The US servers are, I guess, a good representation of the US population, with an attitude towards weapons bordering the insane. 

I feel your pain in manifold ways. I live in Texas, home of many crotch fungi.

Actual game issue: Does chat work?

My mic/sound setup does not work. Just got shot in skalitsky after announcing self in chat. No threat, carrying a red raincoat in my hands for hi viz - obviously no threat. Low life whack job shot me without giving me a chance to try chat again or put down raincoat and raise hands. another barely suppressed sociopath just waiting for a bad day to go off on neighbors, I suspect. on south central US 1pp

Edited by rodneyr
incomplete information

After few months of break I've decided to have some fun with my friends in DayZ. This was taken a minute before one of my friends blew us with a grenade by accident.

2E2D145A48AACB5C11EFE958BC6AD1CF41EA10BF

ISWLEdj.jpg

Edited by Bonappetit
  • Like 3

OMG, I have been KOS on every single server I have ever been on, US, EU, UK, ASEAN, doesn't frigging matter.  I just got my back shot at on a AUS server, not even a by your leave or a hello, just the pop of gunfire AGAIN, 1pp too, so I don't want to hear it.  Man up cry babies and quit blaming the US servers for your plans of "tree hugging" and "harmony with nature" going all off the rails.  Stupid hippies, don't you have a Bernie rally to go sing Kumbaya at or a Trump rally to go disrupt for $15.00 an hour?  Quit trolling the forums with this useless BS.  If you're in Austin, you ain't in Texas.

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 4

I caught a guy logging out the other day, guess what I did?

Nothing, not everyone kills everything that moves.

Got an all to myself evening to play but I woke up to a dead backlight on my left screen this morning, the corker is I had an identical TV with a busted screen and my wife insisted we didn't need it in the closet FML.

Trying to find the motivation to play with only 60 degree FOV.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

Russian choppers aren't supposed to smoke and never have.

^I thought this was common knowledge?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Russian choppers aren't supposed to smoke and never have.

^I thought this was common knowledge?

It is common knowledge, unfortunately knowledge itself is not that common.

• Like 8

Played tonight and it was fun. Logged on and of course my stash (barrells) are gone. So off I go exploring. Eventually I enter a house. I hear someone coming in behind me so I raise my hands and start saying ' I'm friendly' over and over. The KOS Kiddie only has a 22 bolt action and the standard motorcycle helmet. He starts shooting and loading and shooting and loading  I am dancing around, arms raised saying I am friendly, I am friendly. He keeps loading and shooting until eventually I die. I was disappointed in him, whoever he is in real life. I could have changed all this by shooting him but didn't want to. And yeah I know this is a game and people can play it the way they want but an opportunity was missed tonight in my opinion. Question is who missed that opportunity? But what the heck, I re-spawn and go on.

Edited by cage53
missed word