Sign in to follow this  
Woody2

What notice will we get for 0.60?

As the title says. Will we get any notice or will it simply go live?

There will be a thunderous roar from the heavens, as a choir of angles desecend, and booming voice bestows, "It be Ready(tm), so sayith...you know what I can't keep up this level of sarcasm anymore.

It'll probably just go live, might be a tweet and forum post within an hour before or after it goes live.

• Like 7

Just keep your eyes on all the usual places.  Somebody on Twitter, Reddit,  or these-here forums will start a topic as soon as the files can be seen on steam.

26 minutes ago, IkaikaKekai said:

There will be a thunderous roar from the heavens, as a choir of angles desecend, and booming voice bestows, "It be Ready(tm), so sayith...you know what I can't keep up this level of sarcasm anymore.

NAY! THE MESSAGE SHALL BE CONVEYED BY A GIANT TACO RIDING ON THE WINGS OF A HUMPBACK WHALE INTO BATTLE! Only than shall you know that .60 has arrived.

• Like 4

^^^Yes.  Only than....

• Like 2

ok, ok, enough already :)

I shudda knowed shudden't I?

What I meant was, will it just be "there" when you fire up the game one day? Everything wiped clean and a new slate? No AKM and 120 rounds of 7.62, no hot potato, no nothing?

12 minutes ago, Woody2 said:

ok, ok, enough already :)

I shudda knowed shudden't I?

What I meant was, will it just be "there" when you fire up the game one day? Everything wiped clean and a new slate? No AKM and 120 rounds of 7.62, no hot potato, no nothing?

0.60 will hit experimental first, like most of the time a new patch comes out, and will incubate for a while. When it's "ready", it'll be pushed to stable in the Wednesday maintenance.

If not, then they will warn us that the patch will hit stable at another date. 

As for 0.60 hitting experimental, there's no warning. We (the community) tend to warn ourselves via various social media and whatnot.

I do admit that I miss Eugene's Tweets...

I imagine the drop of 0.60 will be like the entry of Thor in Kung Fury.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, ebrim said:

I imagine the drop of 0.60 will be like the entry of Thor in Kung Fury.

Had to google "Thor in Kung Fury" because that's my given name, your reference did not disappoint.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Woody2 said:

What notice?

A bright ray of light will shine upon you and you will get the feeling that in the end all will be well. It's a good thing

22 hours ago, Woody2 said:

So many rude people. Quite simply, out in the main portion of the forum, you see an experimental patch area discussion and when .60 hits experimental, there will be a new forum called Exp Update:0.60

There will also be a pile of new messages in there of all of us going crazy like a shark feeding frenzy. Once that new forum thread is up, there should be the ability to download and enjoy the new .60 experimental patch and once again, we will be able to get beaten up and eaten on the beach while getting a flake knife.

On 27.4.2016 at 9:46 PM, Deathlove said:

NAY! THE MESSAGE SHALL BE CONVEYED BY A GIANT TACO RIDING ON THE WINGS OF A HUMPBACK WHALE INTO BATTLE! Only than shall you know that .60 has arrived.

u all silly™

We'll make an announcement via Twitter and create a new topic for 0.60 in the Experimental Patch Discussion section. I don't know how long of a notice there'll be since 0.60 will be pushed as soon as it's greenlighted.

Thanks Smoss.

The reason I asked is that I have 2 servers, both Private, and I want to close one of them. In order for players not to lose their current characters on there, it makes sense to do this when 0.60 comes in as everyone will be starting from scratch anyway.

Will the servers update automatically or is there something I will need to do to enable that?

3 hours ago, Woody2 said:

Thanks Smoss.

The reason I asked is that I have 2 servers, both Private, and I want to close one of them. In order for players not to lose their current characters on there, it makes sense to do this when 0.60 comes in as everyone will be starting from scratch anyway.

Will the servers update automatically or is there something I will need to do to enable that?

I also run a couple servers and every time an update has come out the GSP has updated everything on their end. No need for the admin to do any work other than re-tweeking a couple of settings you had before, as they may have been changed back to the default during the update.

5 hours ago, SMoss said:

We'll make an announcement via Twitter and create a new topic for 0.60 in the Experimental Patch Discussion section. I don't know how long of a notice there'll be since 0.60 will be pushed as soon as it's greenlighted.

I am officially giving green light for the push.

• Like 1

It has long been confirmed that Brian Hicks himself will send out edible arrangements to all of the dayz fans that are on the special VIP list. 

udZ23Vg.jpg

• Like 2

Is it live then? God dammit all you young people and your facebooks and iphonepadthingys, what the feck is going on? How do I adjust the vertical hold? Can I use an old coathanger for the ariel? Where is the nearest red phone box? What time is Crossroads on?