Gianinho

My Gear-Goal in DayZ - What is yours !?

Hey what do you try to find in DayZ, I mean when is the time for you, you dont look for other gear anymore and just have some fun in pvp or something else what ever you do when you finish gearing up.

My favourites are...

Main Weapon:

AKM - I like it because the 75 rounds magazine and all the attachements

M4 - 1st of all its pretty rare, I like the double magazines and attachements aswell + might have better recoil than AKM.

Secondary Weapon:

UMP - high fire rate and the 45.acp hurts! + the m4 scopes fits on the UMP. I always wear the UMP in my Backpack..

MP5 - same as UMP but smaller calliber - slightly higher effective at longer range, but it's unnecessary if you already have your main weapon - I prefer UMP.

Pistol:

FNX45 - this one got everything you need - 15 round magazine, 45acp bullets for high manstopping power supressor and a flashlight + Its the only pistol with an optic - the FNX45MRDS.

1911 - since the FNX45 is hard to get I try to find one of these first. 45acp but only 7rounds magazine - you should not miss your targets with this pistol

CR75 - should aim on this pistol if you prefer more bullets - 15 round magazine and 9mm bullets

Melee Weapon:

Firefighter Axe - Deals the most damage and comes with a good range + you can paint it green to be more stealthy

Head:

Eyewear - I like the Rocket Aviators

Hat - Ballistic Helmet green for more Protection or Camo Boony Hat for more stealth

Face - Bandana Camo Pattern or Beige Balaclava

Body:

Vest - Smersh Vest with Backpack attached (hard to get) - Plate Carrier with pouches and gun holster.

Upper Body -  TTsKO Jacket - I like this camo the most

Lower Body - TTsKO Pants - ^^

Hands - Working Gloves Beige

Feet - Military Boots beige brown or black - you can fit a Combat Knife in it ! I use this knife to open food

Equipment:

Backpack - Hunting Backpack or SPOSN Tortilla Backpack for best camo look and enough space

Sewing Kit - if you get hit in combat and your pants are badly damage you wish you have one of these 

Binoculars - checking out hotspots before entering can safe your life

First Aid Kit - its not bad to keep your medicals safe in this kit I always try to get one with Cholera Tabs, Morphin and important stuff like this

Ammo Box - Also good to keep your ammo safe from being ruined in fight

Small Protector Case - I put very rare important things in this to keep these safe

Lockpick - always good to have one, yesterday I found a car behind a locked doubledoor with tons of good stuff in it

Can Opener - since you lose like 5% from food if you open it with your combat knife Im not sure if you need one but until u got your knife take this

Bandage - atleast 1 or 2 is a must have

Tons of Food Ammo and 2x Canteen should be enough to stay alive

I think thats it... 

Edited by Gianinho

My gear goal is usually trying to get one of the rare weapons from a Heli crash and stacking it up with ammo and attachments. XD Only difference for me is I only use pistols for secondary. If I carry a UMP or MP5 in my backpack it feels like it's just a matter of time before I accidentally lose it or my primary weapon while switching, so I just keep a primary + a pistol. I love the UMP and if I find it I use it as my primary.

Ghillie wrapped winchester with hunting scope , AKS in backpack, engraved 1911 in plate carrier. Pristine black working gloves. Knife in the boot. Clothes - anything all green, all black or all tan and can't forget the JOEYX's. Other than that, I tend to hoard rope, wire, burlap, fishing hooks, and canteens. 

I always want to build my character with civilian gear. But it's harder to find P1 or 1911 mags then Glock or CR75 mags. And I carry so much shit and eventually end up with Gorka jacket. 

We need some kind of civilian vest, no armour value but warming and few pockets. 

Edited by igor-vk
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

I always want to build my character with civilian gear. But it's harder to find P1 or 1911 mags then Glock or CR75 mags. And I carry so much shit and eventually end up with Gorka jacket. 

We need some kind of civilian vest, no armour value but warming and few pockets. 

There is a Press Vest with 6 slots

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Blue_Press_Vest

or the natural leather vest comes with 10 slots

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Natural_Leather_Storage_Vest

Edited by Gianinho

Boar backpack and black beanie, everything else I just roll with whatever comes my way

• Like 1

Olive green baseball hat. 

Everything else is whatever comes my way.

• Like 3

You can open locked doors by punching them as far as i know

• Like 1

Beige baseball cap. Engraved 1911. Improvised leather backpack. (boar pelt backpack, no tanning required, 5x5 inv spots) That's it.

The rest is just complementary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lrishjake said:

Olive green baseball hat. 

Everything else is whatever comes my way.

But ..  last time I saw you didn't you have an M4 and a pink dress and you were desperate for a matching top?

(and Kichilron wasn't the only one who got excited about it)

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

But ..  last time I saw you didn't you have an M4 and a pink dress and you were desperate for a matching top?

True, but my life in the fast lane is over. I am proud to say that today I have almost 6 months clean and sober from use of any pink dresses. In fact, I havent even touched the color pink in quite some time. ;) 

Edited by lrishjake
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, lrishjake said:

True, but my life in the fast lane is over. I am proud to say that today I have almost 6 months clean and sober from use of any pink dresses. In fact, I havent even touched the color pink in quite some time. ;) 

Pity - I'd hoped now that payday masks are so low-rent and dumbass -  we could follow your fashion lead and bring in more high class Manga girl style

2eb4869.jpg

ya know ?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

2eb4869.jpg

Tattoos in dayz confirmed. 

• Like 4

Green cowboy hat, M10 gasmask, Improvised knife, and an axe.

Red tracksuit top and pants, red childs backpack, red boonie hat and as red trainers as possible.. I like to stand out :) Everything else after that is just a matter of consequence, though gun wise I often try and find a Trumpet as no one else seems to like it and a good old fashioned Magnum. Used to like the Longhorn but I haven't found one of those in literally forever (don't know if its still in the game to be honest!).. 

On 13.4.2016 at 9:14 PM, galekast said:

Red tracksuit top and pants, red childs backpack, red boonie hat and as red trainers as possible.. I like to stand out :) Everything else after that is just a matter of consequence, though gun wise I often try and find a Trumpet as no one else seems to like it and a good old fashioned Magnum. Used to like the Longhorn but I haven't found one of those in literally forever (don't know if its still in the game to be honest!).. 

I've found a Longhorn yesterday on a dearstand =)

On 4/15/2016 at 2:02 PM, Gianinho said:

I've found a Longhorn yesterday on a dearstand =)

I can usually find two longhorns after about an hour of running hunting stands, as well as the feeder huts.  They aren't that rare, and nobody else I know even wants to touch them.  I don't know why people don't like them.  After a bit of practice, I can brain a zombie at 300 yards on the first shot.  Hands down, my favorite weapon in the game.

In other news: My package came the other day.  I bought a couple Czech M10 gas masks to go with my wide-brimmed hat collection.  Not too spendy, for about  $13 US each.  The filters on those things are pretty difficult to install and they smell like ammonia. Even with practice, it would still be a couple minutes before I could get one out of the bag and assembled correctly.  Better start practicing assembling them blindfolded while holding my breath, before I invite anyone to lend me some CS gas.

1) some form of knife

2) Some form of rope (rope, twisted rags, etc)

3) a burlap sack

4) a container for water

After that, everything else is just gravy