Ander (DayZ)

Database cleanup [2012-07-03]

Actually. Tents do not vanish if your character dies. Tents dont disappear for any reason except during cleanup (me removing old unused tents).

But I'm thinking of making it so that you can refresh tents for characters that have died' date=' but this will require rockets input.

The condition that I think is more realistic is that tents will "fall over" if left unattended for too long.

To avoid that you simply need to refresh the tent by opening inventory, shuffle something around or press save.

(anyone remember old Ultima Online and refreshing houses? sort of like that)

[/quote']

Amazing idea. If you leave a tent out in the wilderness it doesn't just disappear if you never come back. I think being able to save them to prevent them from disappearing is MUCH NEEDED.

I had two tents I had placed around 3-4 days ago. I hadn't died since then yet my tents have disappeared on the LU15 server. There were multiple tents nearby that had been there over a week and we had died since. Some were mine, others were owned by my group. What I'm concerned about is the two tents that should not have disappeared under Ander's new idea for tents.

Unless I'm being daft and missing something here?

Hopefully in Beta you abandon these resets of fences, tents, vehicles, so forth... It really KILLS the rpg element. So what someone left something out in the middle of nowhere. You have to find it somewhere. You just prefer it to be more predictable? No thank you. We found a Bus in the middle of the woods the other day near the NWAF with all kinds of gear in it. That was 100000000000% more exciting than find something in the same old spawn point. It was night. We had to stalk it. Camp it. Make sure no one was returning from a airfield run. (It's a bus ffs, we figured it was a pretty good size group of folks, more suspense). Traveled for refuel. Then spent 2 hours getting to a place we felt safe about. Hell if anything I would rather see the map sized x4 and tents be able to be removed by anyone. Please GOD don't let this turn into just another shooter.

Hopefully in Beta you abandon these resets of fences' date=' tents, vehicles, so forth... It really KILLS the rpg element. So what someone left something out in the middle of nowhere. You have to find it somewhere. You just prefer it to be more predictable? No thank you. We found a Bus in the middle of the woods the other day near the NWAF with all kinds of gear in it. That was 100000000000% more exciting than find something in the same old spawn point. It was night. We had to stalk it. Camp it. Make sure no one was returning from a airfield run. (It's a bus ffs, we figured it was a pretty good size group of folks, more suspense). Traveled for refuel. Then spent 2 hours getting to a place we felt safe about. Hell if anything I would rather see the map sized x4 and tents be able to be removed by anyone. Please GOD don't let this turn into just another shooter.

[/quote']

NO. All games have wipes. Deal with it.

Hopefully in Beta you abandon these resets of fences' date=' tents, vehicles, so forth... It really KILLS the rpg element. So what someone left something out in the middle of nowhere. You have to find it somewhere. You just prefer it to be more predictable? No thank you. We found a Bus in the middle of the woods the other day near the NWAF with all kinds of gear in it. That was 100000000000% more exciting than find something in the same old spawn point. It was night. We had to stalk it. Camp it. Make sure no one was returning from a airfield run. (It's a bus ffs, we figured it was a pretty good size group of folks, more suspense). Traveled for refuel. Then spent 2 hours getting to a place we felt safe about. Hell if anything I would rather see the map sized x4 and tents be able to be removed by anyone. Please GOD don't let this turn into just another shooter.

[/quote']

So half the reason (at least in my opinion) of why clean up is needed now, is because of all the tent, sandbag, barbed wire, and tank trap spam/duping. Theoretically in the perfect bug free future of dayz, duplication of these items will not be a problem and only legit placement will happen.

...snip...

NO. All games have wipes. Deal with it.

Please keep arbitrarily capitalizing random words in your post.

It would also really help if you keep asking the same question over and over again while doing it.

It will despawn on a restart.

Actually it won't despawn, it will just turn around and then be on all 4 wheels, I had this happen twice already. One time I had to wait many many hours until server got restarted because of new beta patch and the other time it took like 30 minutes (luckily) and server got restarted, then it was back up again and you could ride.

Yes, I'm a bad driver with those, any little stone will make you fly.

And to the guy that asked about vehicles. I found one ATV today, on it's original spawnpoint, don't know when it spawned, but I had to repair it and I took it home, back to my V3S Civilian truck, so yes, vehicles exist and they can still spawn (I think, the first time I checked this spawn).

It will despawn on a restart.

And to the guy that asked about vehicles. I found one ATV today' date=' on it's original spawnpoint, don't know when it spawned, but I had to repair it and I took it home, back to my V3S Civilian truck, so yes, vehicles exist and they can still spawn (I think, the first time I checked this spawn).

[/quote']

Would you mind telling me what server this happens to be? I cannot find any vehicles on any server. We have checked a good 60 servers since last night.

If you're paying attention' date=' the Monday after the 1.7.2 announcement would have been June 25th :D

[/quote']

Yes rocket wrote monday....but he didn't mention WHICH monday. :cool:

GAAAAHHHHH!!!!! I've been away in Kazakhstan for 4 weeks and was so looking forward to playing this awesome game (I love Zombies, me!!!!) only to get home and have the problem with the player ID's containing alpha characters.... no joy logging onto a server, and have been checking for the 1.7.2 update almost hourly, so I can get my very first taste of DAYZ.....

Still, I suppose the wait will be worth it...... It is worth the wait isn't it????

Regards,

Girthy........

Heute haben die Macher von DayZ die Datenbank bereinigt. Was heißt das nun für euch? Eigentlich nichts schlimmes. Hier könnt ihr es nachlesen.

- Stacheldraht, Panzersperren und Sandsäcke wurden entfernt btw. werden beim nächsten Server Neustart entfernt. In Zukunft werden auch ungenutzte Panzersperren, Sandsäcke usw. automatisch nach einer bestimmten Zeit entfernt.

- Entfernt leere Zelte, die älter als 7 Tage sind. Das wird sicher kommen.

Noch unter Vorbehalt werden in Zukunft die Zelte schneller zerfallen, abhängig davon ob der Charakter der das Zelt aufgebaut hat noch am Leben ist und wie oft das Zelt benutzt wird.

- Zerstörter Fahrzeuge Spawnen nun nach einem Server Neustart neu. Später wird es auch dynamische Standorten, Inventar, Fahrzeugtypen usw. geben. So wie man im Forum lesen kann gibt es dein keine festen Standpunkte für Fahrzeuge.

Quelle: http://dayzgermany.blogspot.de/2012/07/die-dayz-master-datenbank-wird.html

Heute haben die Macher von DayZ die Datenbank bereinigt. Was heißt das nun für euch? Eigentlich nichts schlimmes. Hier könnt ihr es nachlesen.

- Stacheldraht' date=' Panzersperren und Sandsäcke wurden entfernt btw. werden beim nächsten Server Neustart entfernt. In Zukunft werden auch ungenutzte Panzersperren, Sandsäcke usw. automatisch nach einer bestimmten Zeit entfernt.

- Entfernt leere Zelte, die älter als 7 Tage sind. Das wird sicher kommen.

Noch unter Vorbehalt werden in Zukunft die Zelte schneller zerfallen, abhängig davon ob der Charakter der das Zelt aufgebaut hat noch am Leben ist und wie oft das Zelt benutzt wird.

- Zerstörter Fahrzeuge Spawnen nun nach einem Server Neustart neu. Später wird es auch dynamische Standorten, Inventar, Fahrzeugtypen usw. geben. So wie man im Forum lesen kann gibt es dein keine festen Standpunkte für Fahrzeuge.

Quelle: http://dayzgermany.blogspot.de/2012/07/die-dayz-master-datenbank-wird.html

[/quote']

Yay, Ich kann ''understand'' hahahaha vielen danke deutsch schule!

In their current state tents do seem to get around the perma-death thing, but I don't think they should just disappear when the owner dies. It's pretty lame when you die you can just run back to your tent and grab your stashed stuff. Maybe the tent could relocate upon owner death so it is still present in the world but not accessible to the newly spawned player? That way if you die you really do lose all your stuff and need to either re-loot or rely in the "charitable" nature of your fellow survivors to rearm you. It would cut down on people taking advantage of one of the MANY perma-death loop holes.

Sure would be nice to at least see some bicycles. I have seen one in 4 weeks of play

Me and my buddy had one each we were starting a Tour de Chenarus however after the ddos attack recently we lost both of them :'

You just have to know where to look for them...

Would you mind telling me what server this happens to be? I cannot find any vehicles on any server. We have checked a good 60 servers since last night.

just hop on your favorite server and scan the map border.

you would be baffled what people leave out there.

the other day i just randomly walked along the border and and within a few minutes i already found a quad and 3 tents.

today i found another 3 cars within the same grid, all good to go :D

why go through the hassle and repair a car you find? other people will do the work for you, and they will even pack them to the max with weapons and all kind of shiny goods :D

Can we please get clarification on what this means for vehicles? Everyone seems confused by your current statement.

In the future we'll start cleaning up unused wire fence' date=' tank traps and sandbags that arent "maintained" in a certain period of time.[/i']

So wire fence and tank traps will have save option?

- Removed empty tents that are older than 7 days.
To avoid that you simply need to refresh the tent by opening inventory' date=' shuffle something around or press save.[/quote']

What if I can't get into tent gear? Known bug (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34367): place tent near the tree, fill it with some stuff, restart the server, tent will change its position a little bit (and angle sometimes) and you will not able to do anything with this tent. It's happens pretty often since 1.7.1.3.

[/quote']

I totally agree with you.

This is why I will respwn some stuff in place and others will be reset.

For example, it's not too exciting trecking around the green acres looking for the vehicles people stashed away. So those are reset more often.

Vehicles someone hid (inside bounds), or maybe crashed into a tree is a very good candidate for respawning right where it is. After all humans are a very good random seed ;)

As for explaining the methods 100%, no I wont do that. This will encourage exploration.

What I can explain are missing vehicles and items in tents.

- Missing vehicles from a few weeks ago is due to very old legacy vehicles (that didnt use the new seed values) got removed. This does not affect the most recent seeding of vehicles.

- Missing items from tents is a bug that can occur for two reasons.

Either the connection from server to hive was lagged at server start and things partially loaded. If you interact and save the tent you are more likely to lose items by the tent "overwriting" the stored tent in DB.

The other issue is a bug in versions less than 1.7.2 , this will require the new update to be fixed. It's taking some time due to rocket being away at Rezzed and also that 1.7.2 has a lot of behind the scenes changes that takes a while to implement.

Also. Page 8 snypa!

There's a workaround, go prone. Creep up to tent and keep looking around till you get gear option.

Also nice hidden tent you got there ;)

So thats why my flipped ATV is gone now :( I was waiting for the server restart :(

I still dont understand whats going on with vehicles right now ? :S

Can someone clear up ?

ps. I also noticed all the actions ingame work quicker and I <3 it. Is it coz of the database clean up? Please leave it that way. Tired of waiting for 30sec for the item to appear at my backpack

Anyone? What is the status on vehicles? I dont get it :S

Anyone??? :huh::huh::huh:

[/quote']

- Missing items from tents is a bug that can occur for two reasons.

Either the connection from server to hive was lagged at server start and things partially loaded. If you interact and save the tent you are more likely to lose items by the tent "overwriting" the stored tent in DB.

The other issue is a bug in versions less than 1.7.2 , this will require the new update to be fixed. It's taking some time due to rocket being away at Rezzed and also that 1.7.2 has a lot of behind the scenes changes that takes a while to implement.

Also. Page 8 snypa!

I placed a tent yesterday to move shit from my vehicles, but when I logged in this morning it was empty, and the vehicle I repaired was damaged again (the fuel tank and hull was red, but it was green before the server restarted). All of my items in the vehicles loaded properly though.

Is this happening more due to the DDoS from a few days ago, or is it something 1.7.2 will fix?