Ander (DayZ)

Database cleanup [2012-07-03]

Ander doesn't tents just make a joke of permadeath. If a player can just get back to their old tent and resupply?

Not really as you have to survive long enough to get back to your tent. And you also have to compete with other players finding your tent which happens regularly. The way it's been for me I'm lucky if I get stuff I need from my tent 1 out of 3 playthroughs. It especially sucks lately with the hackers using cheats to find peoples tents.

Also as for the backpack gobbling up weapons and other items. If a backpack is full and I want to swap items (weapons or otherwise) I drop the item from my inventory to the ground and then with the screen still open, I open my backpack and take the item from my backpack and put it in the main inventory (or main weapon slot if it's a weapon). Now that my Backpack has enough free slots I then close the menu. Click on the items on ground and open my backpack and put them in. Some people are more afraid to put an item on the ground then risk a backpack eating it, but I can safely say I have never lost a single item doing it this way. Every method in which I transfer to the backpack first I always lose something.

2012-07-03

- Removed legacy wire fences, tank traps and sandbags that are older than time itself (before we started tracking their age).

In the future we'll start cleaning up unused wire fence, tank traps and sandbags that arent "maintained" in a certain period of time.

How do you maintain wire fences, tank traps and sandbags actually... we had our basecamp surrounded by wirefences and tanktraps and sandbags and everything just disappeared (not the tents nor the recently placed barbwire and tanktraps). It surely wasen't a player because all of our rare guns and everything else was untouched.

Can you tell if it's worth looking fresh vehicles spawns after each server restart? Or do YOU respawn them manually after certain period of time?

I removed a lot of wirefences recently.

You'll have to place new for now.

Thx for your response Ander. If I place a barbwire at my Base Camp today, how long do they stay with the current system in place?

Im going to run wire cleanup every 7 days.

Should prevent buildup in cities.

yay!!!

To be honest fences, tank traps and sanbags are a waste of time. To get around them you need only go to another server, move in, and reconnect to the other server. The amount of people putting them in loot spots is crazy. Not sure what they think they are doing since they are so easy to get around. I would like to see them removed until we see other tools for making camps and bases.

• Like 1

UO and refreshing houses... I remember that. I wish I didn't remember that... Siebs - Lake Superior

Im going to run wire cleanup every 7 days.

Should prevent buildup in cities.

so your the person that destroyed my base? >:(

I was using the stuff correctly! everything had entrances still!

Not just blocking everything completely off with no openings like a dick!

Not Cool! That took me like 2+ weeks to build it up to the way I had it! ugh :P

I guess base building is destroyed.

Really wanted to get pictures and video to show Rocket and the community, blah!

Edited by poisonman

Sorry, but it's really hard to distinguish people building their own little bases from people wirefencing all over towns.

Thanks for your positive respons.. That REALLY HELPED me...

Fucking jerk.

I was just asking for some news..

this is Dayz the forums are full of inconsiderate ass bandits with nothing better to do than insult people.

back on topic great work guys keep it up :D

Sorry, but it's really hard to distinguish people building their own little bases from people wirefencing all over towns.

I wanted to try and build it again, but since you made it so it to only last 7 days I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to pull it off, building it myself it took like 2 weeks possibly more to get where I was with all the dying and travel time, etc. etc.

:(

Vipeax was going to come check out my base in person on Wednesday, but it was all gone, everything was still there Tuesday, sigh.

Edited by poisonman

My character vanished recently. Im guessing it has something to do with the updates. I ended up appearing in a desert with no grass or trees (guessing outside the map). I found AI players standing around in a group outside the map and they would look at me and creep me out. Sadly, I kept joining different servers to see if anything was fixed but I ended up having to respawn to finally get out of the scenario I was in. I lost my M24 along with all my stats in the process =/

Ander, people are starting to put up posts with helicopters in them?

One guy claims he found one where it's supposed to spawn at the air field.. Another guy just kind of...had one in his group.

So do you still state that there aren't any legitimate helicopters out there?

so many hacked weapons, bugged tents and server with 20+ offroad pickup trucks.

i hope we get another cleanup!

Been long overdue, no point in getting weapons or anyhing else. All camps just respawn after each reboot..

This is getting pathetic..

FULL reset, asap!

• Like 2

They definetly have to reset the database after fixing duping glitch. Cleaning up before that is kinda pointless.

support for global wipe. I can't get rid of one tent)))) It reappears every restart.

Someone needs to do a checkup on the database. Nothing but player character data is saving.

Agreed! I've fixed the heli like 3 times and it keeps respawning at it's original spawn point completely broke.. QQ