Ander (DayZ)

Database cleanup [2012-07-03]

Well this sort of shed some light on the tent issue me and my 1 friend are having. But for the past few days our tents disappear to reappear with none of our supplies in them. Is there any positive input you could give me to let me know what is going on in these certain situations?

No since in trying to save gear to repair a vehicle or heli if we are going to constantly lose our work everyday :)

I lost 3 tents worth of high end stuff 2 days ago after a server reset. Tents came back but without any of the gear and i made sure to save them before the server was restarted. Restarted it a couple times after and still nothing. I have all kinds of trouble with tents not saving gear and losing everything so I just stick with vehicles to store gear. My problem with vehicles is that on small inclines they like to move down hill on their own and run over tents or bump into stuff and I log back in and they blew themself up by hitting a tree or another vehicle.

how about tent stability?does it actually work or items still missing after server restart?i lost so much stuff in tents so im not in the mood to keep using it(already lostt m249,nv goggles and other rare items)

Ander doesn't tents just make a joke of permadeath. If a player can just get back to their old tent and resupply?

It's already like this.. and not only for tents. I play in team and i can die many times (while in fact im recently doing, since i run around like rambo) .. simply because i have my own gear back minutes after: my mates collect of it, or i just grab it from our "reserve".

This is the HUGE advantage of playing in team: you basically nullify the perma-death ... the only hassle is about those 15 minutes to get back to your mates, but if you have the vehicles they can grab you back in a couple of minutes as soon you leave the respawn beach.

That was pretty much opening and closing your door once every week. I think the saving option should just count as a refresh and it would be nice if tents persisted after dead if refreshed regularly... if not lets have an IDOC massacre ;) (kudos to people who get that)

I think that would be an awesome feature, and let all players see the state of the tent (like new, fairly worn, in danger of collapsing, etc)

Didn't realize there were so many ex-UO players here... I played on Lake Superior

Actually. Tents do not vanish if your character dies. Tents dont disappear for any reason except during cleanup (me removing old unused tents).

But I'm thinking of making it so that you can refresh tents for characters that have died' date=' but this will require rockets input.

The condition that I think is more realistic is that tents will "fall over" if left unattended for too long.

To avoid that you simply need to refresh the tent by opening inventory, shuffle something around or press save.

(anyone remember old Ultima Online and refreshing houses? sort of like that)

[/quote']

My friends and I set up two tents yesterday, we had them full with stuff, we even put some more stuff in them today.

The server crashed and the tents were gone. Are you sure there's no other way the tents vanish? Because this is about the 10th time stuff of ours have just 'disappeared'.

Did that also removed hacked items? We found a truck with 20 wheels amongst other stuff once, were using it as storage since but today the remaining 13 wheels disappeared.

So thats why my flipped ATV is gone now :( I was waiting for the server restart :(

I still dont understand whats going on with vehicles right now ? :S

Can someone clear up ?

ps. I also noticed all the actions ingame work quicker and I <3 it. Is it coz of the database clean up? Please leave it that way. Tired of waiting for 30sec for the item to appear at my backpack

Anyone? What is the status on vehicles? I dont get it :S

So it would appear this is a "problem" atm regardless if you are using tents or vehicles. It kind of makes me glad to see others with the same issue, but discouraging at the same time. Perhaps a fix will be on the horizon in future updates :)

Lovely... No wonder my !5! full tents loaded with extra food, ammo, weapons, car parts, medical supplies, kitchen sinks.... and so forth... Are gone now... Seems some one left a monkey wrench in their place... Thanks a bunch...

Did that also removed hacked items? We found a truck with 20 wheels amongst other stuff once' date=' were using it as storage since but today the remaining 13 wheels disappeared.

[/quote']

Doesn't mean it had anything to do with a hack. Wheels always get damaged on vehicles. It's a good idea to scour and have a bunch of extra wheels and other parts ready for repairs. A single good factory area alone has about 10 wheels in it for collecting.

As of 1.7.1.5 my buddy and I have not been able to play. Cannot get on 80% of servers and the few we can get on we've been constantly stuck in some debug wasteland.

The gear I had, good AKM with lots of mags, all the compass, map, Alice pack etc seems to be gone. All I have left is the pack itself with a few items still in it. Nothing in my inventory, no food, water. And my compass remained with map.

When 1.7.2 finally comes out, will all gear be reset or will I at least have the few things I still have when I can play again?

Will the debug forest issue be fixed so I'm not spawning 23km from the nearest edge of the playable map?

I'm not sure if this gear issue has anything to do with the cleanup issue and this may be the wrong thread, apologies if so.

@Slyder

The Hive has been on the fritz the last couple days, try again today.

When does this clean up go into effect? And how soon after can we expect 1.7.2?

Flipped ATVs?

I found an ATV down by the harbor in berezino.

It was flipped on the side. I figured. It needs repairing maybe it will be fixed by itself. After 4 hours of scavenging parts and having a friend guard it with a sniper from 1.2km away. I finished it. Oh... It didn't flip back... Sigh, fix this please : )

It's already like this.. and not only for tents. I play in team and i can die many times (while in fact im recently doing' date=' since i run around like rambo) .. simply because i have my own gear back minutes after: my mates collect of it, or i just grab it from our "reserve".

This is the HUGE advantage of playing in team: you basically nullify the perma-death ... the only hassle is about those 15 minutes to get back to your mates, but if you have the vehicles they can grab you back in a couple of minutes as soon you leave the respawn beach.

[/quote']

That is why rocket is on his toes, trying to make teamplay more difficult.

The infection thing was one thing, but it doesn't really occur that often. I am sure he has more ideas which will make their way into the game, so that dying actually means something again.

Flipped ATVs?

I found an ATV down by the harbor in berezino.

It was flipped on the side. I figured. It needs repairing maybe it will be fixed by itself. After 4 hours of scavenging parts and having a friend guard it with a sniper from 1.2km away. I finished it. Oh... It didn't flip back... Sigh' date=' fix this please : )

[/quote']

somebody crashed it. It doesnt magicaly flip back if you repair the wheel.

It will despawn on a restart.

Thanks for the heads up.

Look forward to the implementation of the wire fences/tank traps wipes. This should prove helpful for all the abandoned wire/tank traps in the middle of nowhere.

Can anyone clarify if vehicles spawn right now OR are in the game AT ALL ?

Does anyone know why the last time DayZ got DDOS'd all of the vehicles on our server vanished and have yet to respawn? The server has been restarted dozens of times since we do it often but with no luck. This was the DDOS a few weeks ago, not yesterday. We checked all of the routes we drive on, checked all of the spawns, and then began checking for new spawns. We cannot seem to find any vehicles anywhere except for a single Jeep that didn't vanish and a PBX boat. The Jeep vanished later on another server restart however, and now we have no land vehicles.

The server owner made a post about it and I have added my own comments and thoughts to it but nobody seems to have an answer or care to reply so here I am posting here. It is quite frustrating to have none of the vehicles ever respawn and we would very much love a fix. I had hoped that the reset of all destroyed vehicles would fix this but there still seem to be none anywhere. I have checked some other servers and cannot seem to find any either and have also talked to others who had vehicles on the server until the DDOSing yesterday. The server crashed during it, the vehicles were gone on restart, and they have yet to respawn anywhere.

I don't mind not having helicopters but having no vehicles at all is terrible. Hopefully a dev notices this and can help out the servers with this issue. We really want our vehicles to respawn again.

Here is the thread as well, although it is pretty much just a redo of what I posted here in different words. The server is, with the new naming system, US 34 Seattle. http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=25726#

Sure would be nice to at least see some bicycles. I have seen one in 4 weeks of play

Destroyed vehicles respawned using the simple method (will appear on next server restart). More advanced method will be used later (dynamic locations, inventory, vehicle types etc).

Can I get a clearer explanation?

Destroyed vehicles respawned using the simple method (will appear on next server restart). More advanced method will be used later (dynamic locations' date=' inventory, vehicle types etc).

Can I get a clearer explanation?

[/quote']

I don't get it also.

DO we have vehicles at all on the map now or all are despawned ?

DO new vehicles spawn after broken / not used ?

Does it make sense right now to look for vehicles on the spawn points ?