SMoss

Feedback Tracker - Potential security breach

Dear Feedback Tracker users,

We have discovered a potential security breach of the Mantis Feedback Tracker systems, which we use to collect feedback and bug reports for our games Arma 3 (feedback.arma3.com) and DayZ (feedback.dayz.com).

While there is currently no evidence which indicates that the hackers were successful in their attempt to collect user data, we have decided to take all Feedback Tracker systems offline, so we can investigate the issue further.

As a safety precaution, even though we do not believe user data was accessed, we strongly recommend all users of feedback.arma3.com and feedback.dayz.com who have used the same password elsewhere to change it immediately on all applicable websites and services. Since the Feedback Tracker systems use their own account systems, we can confirm that other Bohemia systems, such as Bohemia Accounts, were not compromised.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience. We hope to restore the Feedback Tracker systems, or implement suitable replacements, as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend users to post their feedback and bug reports to the appropriate threads on the Bohemia Interactive Forums (forums.bistudio.com) or DayZ Forums (forums.dayz.com).

Yours sincerely,
Bohemia Interactive

• Like 1

At this point I would imagine this is one of the last things the team are concerned about. If there are any devs still working on the game I am sure they have bigger fish to fry.

You should try Hick's twitter account, as he doesn't follow the forums anymore.

Edited by philbur
In your face, sarcasm.

Twitter??

So the feedback tracker has been scrapped, devs don't read the forums, and now we are supposed to use tweets to report problems. Wow... 

They are really using their resources in the wrong way, spending lots on fixing small and unneccessary animation details, recording new weapon sounds, etc instead of fixing problems they promised to have fixed years ago. What a disappointment :(

8 hours ago, koffeekage said:

the feedback tracker got attacked didnt it? i mean its not like they said "fuck it"

Yes and the problem is Bohemia wide because also Arma 3 and Take On Mars used the same system. It has the same effect on all of those three games.

A replacement for the feedback tracker has been decided upon, so IT is in the process of getting it up and running. Of course we would like for it to be up and running by the time 0.60 hits experimental but in case it is not, an alternative method of gathering feedback is via the Experimental topic for 0.60 which will be created here on the forums (as stated as well in the initial post above). The 0.60 Exp topic will be created in the following sub-forum: https://forums.dayz.com/forum/135-experimental-patch-discussion/

As in the past, feedback in the topics from previous Experimental builds has also been gathered alongside bugs reported on the feedback tracker.

Aside from that, Brian has not left the forums at all, so don't worry about that.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, SMoss said:

-snip-

As in the past, feedback in the topics from previous Experimental builds has also been gathered alongside bugs reported on the feedback tracker.-snip-

Thank you very much for stating this, really.

I was never quite sure if my input in the experimental thread was looked at for bug reports and such (I actually just posted this question in the QA thread).

I put a lot of effort into my experiential posts in those threads in the months gone by and it means a lot to me to hear that it isn't useless.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Thank you very much for stating this, really.

I was never quite sure if my input in the experimental thread was looked at for bug reports and such (I actually just posted this question in the QA thread).

I put a lot of effort into my experiential posts in those threads in the months gone by and it means a lot to me to hear that it isn't useless.

Not at all. Any info we can get is useful :)

• Like 1

any new infos regarding a feedback tracker? are there ideas regarding scrapping all available entries entirely and start all over with the new engine (modules)?

It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit, if all we had to do was comment on the experimental topic, for now...

• Like 1