Kaffarov37

Who else is hyped for the new audio?

When they finally get to adding in the new sounds for guns, vehicles and the environmental ambient noises it will definitely help make this game more immersive. I'm kinda getting tired of the usual gate opening noise when your in the middle of a field, along with those birds that never go away. This along with most of the guns and vehicles sounding really off to what they should be. Hearing the echo of gunshots in the distance or just the breeze of the wind as you cross a open field is gonna be pretty cool.

Of course being able to hear when someone is shooting beside you would be great. And when they change the damn gear shifting sound, which sounds like someone chucked a few marbles into a garburator

What's your thoughts?

• Like 4

I'm looking forward to a day when sounds are actually reliable.  I can't hear gunshots my team mates hear half the time and vis versa.  I swear if you're behind/at a certain angle from certain guns especially (like the SVD) you just don't hear it at all.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to a day when sounds are actually reliable.  I can't hear gunshots my team mates hear half the time and vis versa.  I swear if you're behind/at a certain angle from certain guns especially (like the SVD) you just don't hear it at all.

Yeah that's what I meant by hearing someone shooting beside you. My friend will be sniping and I'll be right beside him when he takes the shot, yet I wont hear a thing. Very irritating when your getting shot at and you can't tell where it's coming from

• Like 1

Oh God, yes. I cannot wait. . I hope this is implemented soon - Or at least brought up really soon. I want to be freaked the hell out at the zombies, as well as be frightened by the natural sound effects.

• Like 2

When you play in 3rd person, silenced guns have a different sound, when the camera is behind the gun (i.e. 1st person or shoulder view) then when you turn the camera frontmost.

• Like 1

3 and a half years of the same bird sound on a loop.

3 and a half years of the same sound of a chain link fence being kicked.

3 and a half years of the same sound of a bucket being kicked.

My body is ready.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

3 and a half years of the same bird sound on a loop.

3 and a half years of the same sound of a chain link fence being kicked.

3 and a half years of the same sound of a bucket being kicked.

My body is ready.

Damn why all the dislikes on the video

• Like 1

I'm ready for them to fix material sounds as well, I know I've scared Biohaze and Coldatrophy several times by punching objects to see if it still makes a bullet on metal ricochet sound. Most of that will be fixed in beta I guess.

Damn why all the dislikes on the video

I'd guess it's because people are awful.

• Like 3

I really enjoy these sounds as well. Makes the Infected terrifying! - I also hope there's better support to keep the night dark and unexploited with higher brightness/gamma.

As long as sounds play when they are supposed to I'm fine with them as they are. When a gun fires 100 m away I want it to sound like the gun is fired 100 metres away, not right next to you or more often than not, not making any sound. When a sound is played like birds flying up scared I want them to do so for a reason. When a chain link fence makes a noise it better be because someone just went over one nearby. Also, the ambient sounds of the forest and the waves are so damn loud. They are nice and ambient and all but take it down a notch or make it adjustable.

• Like 3

-snip- the waves are so damn loud. They are nice and ambient and all but take it down a notch or make it adjustable.

YES

The waves and the car audio are deafening.

Also, you can hear gear shifting further than a longhorn shot.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

When they finally get to adding in the new sounds for guns, vehicles and the environmental ambient noises it will definitely help make this game more immersive. I'm kinda getting tired of the usual gate opening noise when your in the middle of a field, along with those birds that never go away. This along with most of the guns and vehicles sounding really off to what they should be. Hearing the echo of gunshots in the distance or just the breeze of the wind as you cross a open field is gonna be pretty cool.

Of course being able to hear when someone is shooting beside you would be great. And when they change the damn gear shifting sound, which sounds like someone chucked a few marbles into a garburator

What's your thoughts?

When the gas drops I'm like: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡⊙ ͜ʖ ͡⊙) ( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)

I agree, I can't wait. It's gonna be amazing.

7yrYswA.gif

• Like 1

Audio will be 65% of the DayZ experience. So yes I'm waiting and I expect it to be a long wait because I'm expecting that they do it right and well.

• Like 1

Audio will be 65% of the DayZ experience. So yes I'm waiting and I expect it to be a long wait because I'm expecting that they do it right and well.

You might have a long wait for some specific audio files to get changed out, but the framework for the new audio module has to be in within the next ~9 weeks. Otherwise they are missing another deadline for beta and I really don't think they are going to let that happen.

1. I'm all for new ambient noises that make sense, but I hope they won't be as overpowering as they are right now.

ie- Literally in the middle of an axe fight with all the swearing, and all I can hear are birds chirping with a direct line into my head like they took up residence there.... instead of them being in the distance in the tree line, or on top of the nearby light post, etc.

2. I also hope the new sound system fixes the stereo (is the dolby support planned?) directional sounds as well.

ie- Zombie engages, starts chase, and growls... That growl in progress follows my turn (in my left ear) even though I've change directions, and he's on my right.

3. Finally addressed here: https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/231472-barefoot-quite/

Clunk, clunk, ... CLUNK! Footstep sounds are ridiculous, and should be dependent on footwear type, stance, terrain, speed of movement, etc. IRL, I could easily conceal plenty of extremely loud in game situations... if I was careful and moved appropriately.

-snip-

2. I also hope the new sound system fixes the stereo (is the dolby support planned?) directional sounds as well.

-snip-

I believe we might be getting "3D sound" in the future.

This means hearing things in relation to their direction, height, and distance as well.

Just about everything else you mention is a placeholder.

• Like 1

Arma 3 is getting nice improvements in the sound engine and there seems to be guys that know their stuff very well so I also have high hopes for DayZ also. A lot of good stuff for balanced audio (loudness war) and 3D positional stuff has happened (some cool mono-stereo transition and audio is more and more 3D every day).

• Like 2

Arma 3 is getting nice improvements in the sound engine and there seems to be guys that know their stuff very well so I also have high hopes for DayZ also. A lot of good stuff for balanced audio (loudness war) and 3D positional stuff has happened (some cool mono-stereo transition and audio is more and more 3D every day).

That's great to hear.

Thanks for filling in those ARMA pieces of the puzzle that some of us aren't involved with.

:thumbsup: :beans:

Concerning bad sounds, is it just me or does anyone else notice that zombie sounds do not come from the correct speaker (5.1 and more systems)? When there is one grunting zombie nearby, I always hear him from the same speaker, no matter what direction I am facing (no problems in other games).

Yes, the directional audio of infected is not working. It used to, then they broke it.

The sounds for the past three years have had been the exact same.

The sounds that spooked me when I started playing are now part of my DayZ life.

My DayZ life is now boring.

Bring the new sounds. I am ready.

• Like 1