Luftpancake

Infected Suggestions

Zombie suggestions  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like any of these suggestions implemented in Day-z?

• Yes, I would, i agree with all of them! :D
    • Hmmm, depends, i'd like to single out a few.
    • Kind of, sounds like a stupid idea to me
    • Hell no, this is the worst thing i've heard since Justin bieber's new album.

Hello fellow survivors of the Standalone! I have returned with another post, I've been gone for quite some time and I'm very tired, so i hope this doesn't turn out sloppy! :D

• Screaming Zeds: Alright, lets crack into this. I would like the zeds to have extremely loud ear-piercing screams, that also sound gory (Like choking on some human flesh or maybe gargling blood). 
  • Stamina and speed: I think that the zeds should be faster then they are now, not way too fast, but faster in general. They of course need to be able to be fatigued after a period of time, to balance them out, also because they are just infected humans.             
  • Tackling: I'd be a lot scarier if these motherf###s could tackle you if they get close enough, something like sinking their teeth into your throat and ripping out your vocal cords, or beating you to death.
  • Stronger, more damage done:  This is important to game play, so it will be colored red! :D. I personally think the zombies need to be able to break our bones a lot easier, and should be able to damage our clothes, make us bleed quicker, and knock us unconscious easier. Such as, a quick blow to our leg to send us flying into the cold hard ground, just to murder us by pounding us like a flesh paddy. Of course, Anti-stab vest and helmets should reduce the damage done to the player, also depends on how thick the clothing you are using is.
  • Weapons: Alright, I also think that zombies should be able to pick up light handheld weapons, such as a knife or baseball bat. They should be pretty inaccurate swings and slashes, but deal the same amount of damage compared to a player hitting you with one. Following into something that's a bit more controversial. Handguns, the zeds (Only police and military zombies) should be carrying pistols. To make this fair, they would be extremely inaccurate with the gun, not know how to reload or how to fix a jam. After they run out of ammo, they throw the gun down on the ground in anger (which you can pickup).
  • Detection: Alright, another game changer (Whoo-hoo! :D). They should be able to detect the scent, and trail left behind players that are covered in their, or something Else's blood and guts. (You get covered in blood and guts by attacking another player sloppily or a zed sloppily) Food that's open or fresh uncooked meat should be easy to detect, if the zed detects any of these smells, they follow the scent and mercilessly pound you to death when you're enjoying your beans. Along with footsteps, and they should be more sensitive to VOIP and messaging (Counts as talking in a realism way) Gunshots should automatically make them sprint towards the sound from miles away, along with grenade explosions and cars driving.
  • Population: You were probably getting sick of seeing red everywhere and were ready to complain about it, hehehehehe. I don't want to be able to turn a city corner without seeing at least 5 to 8 zombies inside and outside of buildings. Because, it was once a fully populated city.
  • Damage Received: Zombies should be effected by pain, and unconsciousness. Say, if a zombie is hurt, they scream in agony, making the other infected and players run to the noise location (Making you want to use the stealth mechanic already in the game a lot more.) Unconscious zombies, picture this: You find a dead freshy along the road, and he has that one thing you want. You go to grab his loot and run away, like the little thief you are. Oh wait, there was a zombie you thought was dead right next to him. Next thing you know, you're down on the ground after being tackled and being beat and eaten to death. 
  • Barricade breaking: I think the zombies should be able to break down closed and locked doors (I think this is already being talked about, but what-ever) The time it takes them depends on if it's locked or not, and how many are breaking down the door.

BONUUUUUUUUS!: I'd like it if zombies could rip you out of a car, if you don't have the door locked and you're not moving. 

Alright, Thanks for reading the post. Please regard your thoughts in the poll, and in the comments. Hate mail is welcome.

Edited by billnyetherussianpie
Typo
  • Like 3

Try breaking up your wall of text into bullet points, man! Posts like these are hard to read :o

With that said, I did read your post and find a lot of your ideas very much like the community's! We all want this business! In my post, I also have some of the same stuff going on. It's all in the hands of the Devs and their vision. . I just hope that we see it sooner rather than later!

Definitely a fan of deadly and SCARY AF Zed.

• Like 1

Try breaking up your wall of text into bullet points, man! Posts like these are hard to read :o

With that said, I did read your post and find a lot of your ideas very much like the community's! We all want this business! In my post, I also have some of the same stuff going on. It's all in the hands of the Devs and their vision. . I just hope that we see it sooner rather than later!

Definitely a fan of deadly and SCARY AF Zed.

OH shit, forgot to do that! Thanks for the feedback, man, will edit this as soon as i can!

Edited by BillNyeTheRussianSpy
  • Like 1

I could see maybe a knife or melee weapon as it is i guess a rage virus, but guns I don't see a adrenaline fueled person with part of there brain fried being able to understand the concept of a gun I think just them throwing it in anger is to much critical thinking for these zeds. I always thought of them more as rabid humans only thing left of the brain are primal urges and thought they would have heightened senses Always hunting looking to destroy something alive. i think it was land of the dead that a zombie/zombies that were smarter and used guns I thought that was cheesy as hell. All the other suggestions would be nice. 

Edited by gannon46
  • Like 2

I could see maybe a knife or melee weapon as it is i guess a rage virus, but guns I don't see a adrenaline fueled person with part of there brain fried being able to understand the concept of a gun I think just them throwing it in anger is to much critical thinking for these zeds. I always thought of them more as rabid humans only thing left of the brain are primal urges and thought they would have heightened senses Always hunting looking to destroy something alive. i think it was land of the dead that a zombie/zombies that were smarter and used guns I thought that was cheesy as hell. All the other suggestions would be nice. 

Love the feedback man, thanks!

Muchhhh better layout, bud! Good job!

• Like 1

Agree with most of it don't know about the weapons bit though

That's quite understandable, thanks for the feedback!

I agree with screaming Zeds , the detection , population , and being able to take you out of cars (although I believe it should take a couple to pull you out , not just one) . But I cannot get behind them using weapons or screaming when hurt , after all they are mindless empty souls infected with a killer disease that only allows them to hunt for food , and not much else so I would like to see them stay mindless like that! Barricade breaking is definitely a must and is also planned , i just hope they hurry da fuq up Cuz we're already 4 months behind schedule ... I need me some game improvements , I'm getting sick of the Zeds being so few in number and so easy to defeat .

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 2

Agreed with many of your points here, especially the tackling mechanic. I think this has more to do with the damage system than the infected specifically, but it's absurd that the player is never even slightly staggered from taking damage. However I don't think a "grab"-type animation is the right way to go, with how clunky and buggy BI games (and DayZ especially) can be these attacks would be near impossible to avoid or counter except by stealth (which should not be the ONLY viable solution).

• Like 1

I agree with screaming Zeds , the detection , population , and being able to take you out of cars (although I believe it should take a couple to pull you out , not just one) . But I cannot get behind them using weapons or screaming when hurt , after all they are mindless empty souls infected with a killer disease that only allows them to hunt for food , and not much else so I would like to see them stay mindless like that! Barricade breaking is definitely a must and is also planned , i just hope they hurry da fuq up Cuz we're already 4 months behind schedule ... I need me some game improvements , I'm getting sick of the Zeds being so few in number and so easy to defeat .

There aren't enough beans in my pack to give.

Agreed with many of your points here, especially the tackling mechanic. I think this has more to do with the damage system than the infected specifically, but it's absurd that the player is never even slightly staggered from taking damage. However I don't think a "grab"-type animation is the right way to go, with how clunky and buggy BI games (and DayZ especially) can be these attacks would be near impossible to avoid or counter except by stealth (which should not be the ONLY viable solution).

What ever you say, onionoflame (wink wink). Have some beans kiddo.

I think a way to combat the lack of infected out there would be to have an instant respawn of infected. You would be able to have the feel of more infected. If you have, say, 50 in an area, but the number never falls below 50 at any time you would have a more crowded feel to the town, yet not needing a massive amount of infected on the map. Obviously the number of infected would have to be proportionate to the size of a town or city, with rural small towns having only a few compared to large cities like Berizino having 75 or so... You could probably fill the map, and have a massive population of infected with only around 1000 per map. 

Of course there would have to be a distance from death to respawn point. But to have an infected suddenly turn up at any time would make this game feel more deadly... Well, from the infected, not the people playing call of dayz

Afaik infected ones don't feel any pain, however it would be very nice if they can bleed, fall unconcious and get seriously injured (and die later eventually).

I can agree with them being able to operate weapons (remains of their behavioral memory). But i wouldn't make their basic melee attack anyhow stronger - you know, it's quite difficult to maul to death with your bare hands someone who's defending :)

Edited by Blafirelli

I think the sounds are the biggest thing i would like too see changed first. The infected vocal noise range needs a huuuge treatment as I am sure we will see one day. I agree with more human like screams more so than the ever repetitive moan, agro-moan we have atm.

I think most of us have seen this vid and i think most of us would agree that it doesnt get old

I like your ideas OP. The only thing I would add is infected animals (dogs, deer, cows etc.) and infected children running around. I would probably crap my pants if I saw an infected kid and dog running, screaming and foaming at the mouth towards me. I realize there could be an issue with infected children and killing them, but if games like GTA exist without upsetting anyone's morals or beliefs, then why cant DayZ have infected children?

On 7.3.2016 at 5:30 PM, Phuck Norris said:

I think a way to combat the lack of infected out there would be to have an instant respawn of infected.

Definitely NOT. You should be able to clear a town for instance with tactics, stealth and weapons. More zombies are a must. A constant respawn is just ruining the game. We had this solution before and SA should come up with something better.

As for the OPs point. I like most of them. More screaming ... well, not necessarily, I wanna keep my hearing intact. I cannot see the use of guns by zeds, not sure about melee. All the other points I pretty much agree with. Also with infected animals and children.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, guys, really appreciate it!

On 3/20/2016 at 6:54 PM, Noctoras said:

Definitely NOT. You should be able to clear a town for instance with tactics, stealth and weapons. More zombies are a must. A constant respawn is just ruining the game. We had this solution before and SA should come up with something better.

As for the OPs point. I like most of them. More screaming ... well, not necessarily, I wanna keep my hearing intact. I cannot see the use of guns by zeds, not sure about melee. All the other points I pretty much agree with. Also with infected animals and children.

I completely agree with you, I recently started playing the mod again. I really hate killing zombies, just to have some respawn nearby and ass rape me because I wasted my ammo on the others.

I just had a thought the other night about the infected: I wish they made noise when they moved. Footsteps especially. If they sounded similar or exactly the same as other survivors moving around, that would also pump up the fear factor for me

• Like 1

footsteps would sure as hell make sense, yes. The zeds do weigh enough to make their footsteps heard. Indeed they should be heard just like these from fellow players.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2016 at 2:40 AM, Noctoras said:

footsteps would sure as hell make sense, yes. The zeds do weigh enough to make their footsteps heard. Indeed they should be heard just like these from fellow players.

Great ideas, guys!