Sign in to follow this  
Relentless1994

DayZ Xbox One Game Preview

I'm probably posting in the wrong area but when can I expect to buy dayZ on the Xbox Game Preview program? It was announced at E3 last year and its still not out yet

Edited by Relentless1994

Haven't herd anything about the Xbox verson. But with the way how the game is now, don't expect it anytime soon

Coming to XBOne also?

I thought PS4 had bought in early?  I guess i just thought exclusive.

BIS getting all up in them monies.

edit:

yeahhhh, above thread says nothing about microsoft or XB, i believe it's only PS4 at the moment (also only see sony product discussion in 'other platforms' section of forum)...

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Oh forgot it was only PS4 confirmed so far. Well it won't come before PS4 and that version likely takes some time.

The Xbox One was woefully underpowered the second it launched. Imagining it attempting to chug out DayZ makes me legitimately question even if it could. The Division comes out soon and the Xbox One "runs" it at 30 fps and is rumored to be sub-1080p

I can't imagine the also underpowered PS4 running DayZ. So the even weaker Xbox One? Dear god. 

Oh forgot it was only PS4 confirmed so far. Well it won't come before PS4 and that version likely takes some time.

I was able to find this tho.

• Like 2

DayZ is confirmed for PS4 (first confirmation) and Xbone (Game Preview).

The E3 announcement is about all the info there is as far as I'm aware, so no release dates or estimates.

(Which I am glad for. Too many people take estimates as promises)

• Like 2

DayZ has been confirmed for Xbox One on at least 2 occassions that i can recall.

Edit: posted before refreshing the page to see above comment.

Edited by Aj90lfc

The Xbox One was woefully underpowered the second it launched. Imagining it attempting to chug out DayZ makes me legitimately question even if it could. The Division comes out soon and the Xbox One "runs" it at 30 fps and is rumored to be sub-1080p

I can't imagine the also underpowered PS4 running DayZ. So the even weaker Xbox One? Dear god. 

It can, but there will have to be stuff removed or shortened. Although I only care for the PC version.  ^_^

I also don't quite understand the hypewars of either platform, as my PC bought a year or two before their release was more powerful (and is still due to static nature of teh HW)...

but that's OT i spose.

Beans to Mod and Relentless for making me aware of the XB1 support.  I take it from the lack of information and product discussion on 'other platforms' that XB1 is perhaps tentatively booked in for supporting DayZ?

I also don't quite understand the hypewars of either platform, as my PC bought a year or two before their release was more powerful (and is still due to static nature of teh HW)...

but that's OT i spose.

Beans to Mod and Relentless for making me aware of the XB1 support.  I take it from the lack of information and product discussion on 'other platforms' that XB1 is perhaps tentatively booked in for supporting DayZ?

Development for the console prototype is at such an early stage that there's nothing yet to show or talk about really.

My guess is that they will tone down the anti aliasing from being the full scene to just being within a few hundred meters, no 1080p and probably less of other things that makes the game look nice.

But how will servers work? Will people be allowed to rent servers for consoles? Will there be mod support for consoles or are they relegated to the vanilla game? Would modding put even more of a strain on the already weak hardware?

I don't really care as I am PC only these days. But, I have a handful of friends who have been silently following the development and wait with baited breath for any new infos .

We will probably have to wait longer than what the guy said at E3 "within the year" so by looks of it it probably going to be another year (if lucky) but at least Xone will get it before Ps4 ;) and I think DayZ will work fine on xone! Have faith!

Xbox one guy jumped the gun , Xbox one version is only starting to be worked on AFTER the success of the ps4 version is realized .. Prototype also means in Dev , not public access , so im thinking Q2 or Q3 of 2016 for a public access build of dayz for ps4 and then most likely the end of 2016 for a Xbox one public release (probably later though knowing dayz ).

Edited by Grapefruit kush