Espa

What you want most in .60? (Choose two. Discuss why.)

73 members have voted

1. 1. What you want most in .60? (Choose two. Discuss why.)

• Enhanced Ambience
    • Updated Infected/Dense Populations
    • Nonlethal weaponry
    • Predatory Animals/Larger animal population
    • Vehicles-Aerial/Boats/Bikes
    • Diverse weather effects
    • Object Manipulation/Base-Building

I'm missing "base-building" on the list, so I voted non-lethal weaponry and weather. Weather isn't really hard to implement, since it's been functioning before. Getting more vehicles should wait, until they figured out the desync and other issues with vehicles when they are near each other. The amount of time fixing a car that glitched out stands in no proportion to the time I've been using it. Non-lethal weaponry will be fun. I just hope the tasers and the likes are smaller than the pistols, so people consider carrying them at all. Also tranq darts and dart/air rifles will give a new silenced option for takedown and possibly new meaning to some of the weapons that are already in the game.   

The reason why I didn't mention Base-Building is because Object Manipulation needs to be in the game before they can do so, I would think. To be able to place down objects, or pick up and move to an EXACT location, needs that technology. It's something I'm very attracted to, but I would like it to be decent before integrated.

Placed it on, anyways haha.

Edited by Espa

Animals and Infected here.

For my taste there are too little infected in the cities.

When I was in Elektro the last time there weren't even a dozen of them there, and looting a big city should be very dangerous in a post-apocalyptic setting.

Furthermore the infected add to the liveliness of the map.

Animals, because they're tasty and they also add to the liveliness. I've tried playing a "nature" Character before and had to give up due to the lack of game.

• Like 2

Work on infected. But honestly i'm completely and utterly bored of playing on chernarus anyway so i don't think it will matter much in the end. Really wished they would have had part of the development team working on an additional map.

Work on infected. But honestly i'm completely and utterly bored of playing on chernarus anyway so i don't think it will matter much in the end. Really wished they would have had part of the development team working on an additional map.

They are looking to 'Finish' Chernarus up as they said in a Status Report. I'm hoping that more areas will be built upon, as well as create a larger urban area.

Describe what kind of map you're looking for?

So far Chernarous has a bit of everything.

Wow! Seems like the majority can agree that Updated Infected with dense populations would be the most appealing thing to happen next, with Predatory Animals/Larger hunting population desired afterwards.

Looks like those who have voted really want their danger and thrill fix hehe. Can't say I'm not with you.

Weather came up next and this is something I'd also love to see. VISUAL happenings of snow, ice, heatwaves, radiation, and rain (Once more!).

Edited by Espa

More vehicles and non-lethal weaponry.  I feel like those two things would need the most time to get unfucked from their initial introduction, where all of the other options are functionally less complicated, and less likely to cause major issues if they don't work right.  Object manipulation/basebuilding comes in at a close third, though.

• Like 1

Optimization would be nice.

You mind expanding on exactly what you mean? :)

Are you talking graphically or ambiance?

You mind expanding on exactly what you mean? :)

Are you talking graphically or ambiance?

I guess graphically. I'd expect ambience to refer only to thrilling music like the mod had, maybe more gore, a sadder weather or different lighting of scenes (not necessarily as in more demanding graphic for that goal, but as style and approach) and what not.

I chose 2 and 4 as well.

• Like 1

My votes is for more vehicles. I should've also voted for Object Manipulation, but oh well. Why did I vote for it? Because I want them. Right now you have two big islands that no one goes to because there's little reason to and the swim is god damn annoying. I know the innawoods crowd is shitting their pants because their little camp will stick out like a sore thumb from above but hey, learn to adapt or maybe just "DayZ isn't for you".

Enhanced Ambience - In all honesty, I don't care for it. Right now you just constantly hear birds sing in forests and close to the shore you hear the sea. It drowns out some of closer sounds. Music has little place in this game and I know anyone who is serious about PVP will likely disable it. What's annoying is that these crap sounds can clog up your audio pipe and are the reason for the can't hear gunshots afar bug.

Updated Infected/Dense Populations - I'd say fucking fix them first and fix their detection. Once you get them working correctly instead of being the screechy, glitchy mess that has mental GPS and attacks regardless of any animations then you can try putting in more.

Nonlethal weaponry - Aside being weapons of absolute necessity few would use them seriously. Oh yeah, I tased a geared guy with this stun gun. Well, let me grab his AK, kill him, and gtfo before his friends come to pick up what's left of him. 

Diverse weather effects - Like what? Snow? Hail? Pretty sure the engine can't support snow piling on the ground. I guess different visual levels of rain would be okay.

Predatory Animals/Larger animal population - I'd say fix and learn from Zombies. Last thing I want is glitch broken bears clipping through walls... Also, remember that wolves tend to be complete pussies and unless it's a large pack they won't attack a human. Also most animals, predators included, are scared shitless of gunshots.

My votes is for more vehicles. I should've also voted for Object Manipulation, but oh well. Why did I vote for it? Because I want them. Right now you have two big islands that no one goes to because there's little reason to and the swim is god damn annoying. I know the innawoods crowd is shitting their pants because their little camp will stick out like a sore thumb from above but hey, learn to adapt or maybe just "DayZ isn't for you".

Enhanced Ambience - In all honesty, I don't care for it. Right now you just constantly hear birds sing in forests and close to the shore you hear the sea. It drowns out some of closer sounds. Music has little place in this game and I know anyone who is serious about PVP will likely disable it. What's annoying is that these crap sounds can clog up your audio pipe and are the reason for the can't hear gunshots afar bug.

Updated Infected/Dense Populations - I'd say fucking fix them first and fix their detection. Once you get them working correctly instead of being the screechy, glitchy mess that has mental GPS and attacks regardless of any animations then you can try putting in more.

Nonlethal weaponry - Aside being weapons of absolute necessity few would use them seriously. Oh yeah, I tased a geared guy with this stun gun. Well, let me grab his AK, kill him, and gtfo before his friends come to pick up what's left of him. 

Diverse weather effects - Like what? Snow? Hail? Pretty sure the engine can't support snow piling on the ground. I guess different visual levels of rain would be okay.

Predatory Animals/Larger animal population - I'd say fix and learn from Zombies. Last thing I want is glitch broken bears clipping through walls... Also, remember that wolves tend to be complete pussies and unless it's a large pack they won't attack a human. Also most animals, predators included, are scared shitless of gunshots.

I understand where you're coming from, but I have a lot of faith in our overlords xD

Enhanced Ambience would be updating the current sound system to include 360 directional sound so that you can tell where exactly noises are coming from, as well as the distance. This would also pump our current system up with greater audio for night time, Infected vocalizations, forest noises, movement on different surfaces. That whole business. - Perhaps the birds singing and such would turn to be a more quiet and foreboding experience if this were accomplished.

Also, the 'Updated' part of Updated Infected/Dense Populations meant exactly what you said hehe. I really hope that this is what will be receiving the most love in, during, and after .60. DayZ needs to be DayZ.

What I really want is a proper balanced weapon spawn so that we get a nice variety of weapons. Currently too many  "weak" weapons/magazines are too hard to find (amphibia,sporter,makarov,snaploaders,cr,p1,fnx,shotuns,izh). Currently all is see is glock,mp5,ak,sks,win,mosin.

• Like 1

Also, the 'Updated' part of Updated Infected/Dense Populations meant exactly what you said hehe. I really hope that this is what will be receiving the most love in, during, and after .60. DayZ needs to be DayZ.

Both challenging but 'authentic' - to use the hated word - infected yeah.

Recently got Project Zomboid.  I know i know, apples to oranges, but they'll chase you for a while then give up in the open, but if you break LoS they'll go to where you last were seen - or maybe even where you were headed - and then they'll get confused and antsy, looking around or static searching.  Sounds draw them, and occasionally they tend to 'explore' ie: bang their heads on doors and windows for no good reason.  They also swarm to gunshots and screams and the like.

Again, apples to oranges, but compared to dragging them around like the proverbial ball-on-a-string, it's what i'd love to see in infected AI :)

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1

What the game really needs is working infected AI, lots of them too and maybe some sort of horde mechanic like what was modded into Arma 3 Exile mod, game is a complete borefest as is, unless you like hanging around cities or spawn points waiting to kill players which is what Dayz is all about these days.

• Like 2

Both challenging but 'authentic' - to use the hated word - infected yeah.

Recently got Project Zomboid.  I know i know, apples to oranges, but they'll chase you for a while then give up in the open, but if you break LoS they'll go to where you last were seen - or maybe even where you were headed - and then they'll get confused and antsy, looking around or static searching.  Sounds draw them, and occasionally they tend to 'explore' ie: bang their heads on doors and windows for no good reason.  They also swarm to gunshots and screams and the like.

Again, apples to oranges, but compared to dragging them around like the proverbial ball-on-a-string, it's what i'd love to see in infected AI :)

This is actually exactly what I'm hoping for! With a few different features also - Like breaking down doors, requiring LOS on their target or they go into Alerted Search mode, climbing ladders, and perhaps even some having the wit enough to carry melee weapons.

How about optimization and server stability? How about a game that works?

• Like 1

How about optimization and server stability? How about a game that works?

Haha care to elaborate?

What kind of business in the game do you wish to be fixed up? Friendly query, I really am curious.

Haha care to elaborate?

What kind of business in the game do you wish to be fixed up? Friendly query, I really am curious.

The game just under performs. I am able to run Arma 3 on ultra with a 3 km draw distance and get 60 fps. Here, it chugs along around 30. And that drops to 20 or below in the bigger cities. Also, a bit of a side note but, night time that isn't a grey scale would be nice. When the sun goes down, the world isn't plunged into 1950s television. Colour exists. Anyways, back on topic. The servers are also wonky. You'll have trouble picking stuff up, have stuff disappear from your inventory, die randomly, receive damage 5 seconds or more after the fact, managing and interacting with inventory is delayed... I can go on. THAT type of stuff. The basics. Instead of adding in 30 hats and the ability to commit seppuku on a freaking pitch fork, how about 1. we get this game to a state that is commercially acceptable and 2. we get zombies to a state that is commercially acceptable.

I mean thank god we have this.

A great helm. And a flanged mace. Brilliant. 

vZSieLD.jpg

Edited by Synystr
  • Like 2

Nothing.  Or everything.  No, wait, anything.

Oh, I've got it!  Dice rolls to decide the outcome of gunfights within a 500m radius.  Quicker and fairer than the current net code.

-snip-

Can't say that I don't agree with you, man.

I hope the issues and the direction of things are more tuned for a better experience and not just flair.

Sorry, I've said this before on other threads (ages ago) - this is the same again, so thanx and please skip it if you already know what I'm saying here::

Zombies! I want  to boost the number of zombies and have zombies with different AI so they act differently.

To do this easily with a fast fix - Why not just temporarily add in a few of the old badly-made, standard, stupid zombies like they were in the Mod?  A short trial patch.

They are already built, they are scripted and ready to go.

Just for one patch -  to see how it goes, and find what players think. This will increase the numbers of zombs without changing the REAL work on the REAL zombies.

Those old zombies don't need much bandwidth they don't need hardly any AI at all, they use about zero CPU.

Try  a few on Experimental - for ONE trial update -  see what happens to the gameplay when they are mixed in with today's real SA zombies.

I think the mix might give a big boost, and generate some thought about SA (I don't mean keep the old zombies, I mean just play them for once, to see what new ideas come up from the player base and the Devs, looking at the performance and gameplay)

Those old zombies: They wandered around at almost normal walking pace.They could run fast, but they chased badly (the AI was very simple), and there were plenty of them.

Iv'e been stuck on the stairs in apartment buildings because so many zombies were coming UP I couldn't get DOWN, Even killing them, the bodies piled up and blocked the stairs till they despawned (and by then more already turned up)

You could stealth them really easily - you could crawl past 6 feet away or lie still while they walked by, but they changed direction sometimes unpredictably - they could be a sudden real danger when you were stealthing. And they heard any noises you made. - Remember they heard if you used your mike? 

I know they are officially POLITICALLY INCORRECT in the SA; - but I bet if you plugged in 10 or 20 of those old cr*p zombies (just for a week) to any city block or any high-rise estate - every new player who never played the Mod will be 200% happy, the new players will go crazy for them; They were fun, they were idiots, they were badly made (but they looked good), they were chaotic, they were easy to kill - and they worked. Give them one tryout - as the 'just-visiting' idiot-brothers of the REA zombs... see what happens.

I'm saying - just try them out for ONE patch.

For one trial on Experimental?

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Sorry, I've said this before on other threads (ages ago) - this is the same again, so thanx and please skip it if you already know what I'm saying here::

Zombies! I want  to boost the number of zombies and have zombies with different AI so they act differently.

To do this easily with a fast fix - Why not just temporarily add in a few of the old badly-made, standard, stupid zombies like they were in the Mod?  A trial patch.

The are already built, they are scripted and ready to go.

Just for one patch -  to see how it goes, and find what players think. This will increase the numbers of zombs without changing the REAL work on the REAL zombies.

Those old zombies don't need much bandwidth they don't need hardly any AI at all, they use about zero CPU.

Try  a few on Experimantal - for ONE trial update -  see what happens to the gameplay when they are mixed in with today's real SA zombies.

Those zombies: They wandered around at almost normal walking pace.They could run fast, but they chased badly (the AI was very simple), and there were plenty of them.

Iv'e been stuck on the stairs in apartment buildings because so many zombies were coming UP I couldn't get DOWN, Even killing them, the bodies piled up and blocked the stairs till they despawned (and by then more already turned up)

You could stealth them really easily - you could crawl past 6 feet awayn r lie still  while they walked by, but they changed direction sometimes unpredictably - they could be a sudden real danger when you were stealthing. And they heard any noises you made. - Remember they heard if you used your mike? 

I know they are officially POLITICALLY INCORRECT in the SA; - but I bet if you plugged in 10 or 20 of those old crap zombies (just for a week) to any city block or any high-rise estate - every new player who never played the Mod will be 200% happy, the new players will go crazy for them; They were fun, they were idiots, they were badly made (but they looked good), they were chaotic, they were easy to kill - and they worked. Give them one tryout - as the just-visiting idiot-brothers of the REA zombs... see what happens.

I'm saying - just try them out for ONE patch.

For one trial on Experimental?

xx

Wow. I only joined DayZ in the endings of November 15' and have never touched the Mod, as I'm kind of an elitist xD The fact that this SA broke away and began its' own march is incredibly brave.

Now, when it comes to Infected/Zombies or whatever people would like. . I would be extremely happy to see MORE types of Infected and just denser population as well.

Good post. I think you're quite right that players would go wild for them, even if they were stupid as hell.

It'd be cool to see what a Dev/Mod thought about that!

• Like 1

Pushing back up to give others a chance to vote and discuss :)

If nothing else, it's neat to see what the active online members desire most out of the game.

I want some wild animals  and some Zeds roaming the wilderness and small towns. It would also be nice if these infected were drawn to logical places such as animal pens, water holes and streams. If they are infected and not zombies then they will require food and water. 

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1