Jex

Annoying

So I'm up in the NW airfield with only my mate and 2 other random players on the server. I'm in a D-hut that literally has gear all over it. So I'm picking my way through, trying to find stuff for myself and my friend when I hear footsteps. So I patiently make my way to the door and I'm there for only a few seconds before he runs in. He wasn't expecting me and my M4 blasts the crap out of him. I check his body, everything is ruined (though I only hit him center mass). OK I got his M4 so now I have one for me, one for my friend. I feel sorry for the guy too - we've all been there and lost everything but when you're on top of each other that's the way things go down and the NW airfield is shoot on sight.

So I go back to searching when a few minutes later, I hear more footsteps. I turn and see through the gap in the door a player and I shoot him down too. One of the players leave the server - I guess they had enough for the night This is the annoying part.

I can't get out. the first players body is blocking the door and I can't jump over it so I'm trapped. Whatever - I'll grab a few more things and try  harder in a sec. Only a few minutes after that, I hear more footsteps and I'm like, WTF? How did one of these players get up here so fast?

So the 3rd fight ends in me dying - I made a rookie mistake but I was also on a 3rd person server which gave my attacker all the advantage and I still had the issue of trying to get out the hut - the player that left is back on the server again.

What I thought was a hacker turned out to be a combat logger/server hopper. I guess I didn't kill him though I couldn't get out to check or take any gear. He must have server hopped, patched up and come back. I call that cheating myself but until BIS sort their server hopping shit out, it's going to happen.

They also need to sort out stepping over bodies as this is just ridiculous.

On a plus note, we left the noob 3rd person server behind and joined a first person only one so my death was a good thing :)

Totally ambiguous thread titles. Also annoying.

I'm not sure of the officer tents that you (sort of) mention, but you can usually go prone and manage to walk through corpses.

You could have:

1. Filleted and skinned the body (as advised above)

2. Logged out and back in to a zero- or low-pop (frowned upon, but perhaps excusable in the circumstances)

3. Hidden the body (?)

You could have:

1. Filleted and skinned the body (as advised above)

2. Logged out and back in to a zero- or low-pop (frowned upon, but perhaps excusable in the circumstances)

3. Hidden the body (?)

Never going to log out to avoid a problem though didn't know about 1 and 3 - it doesn't resolve the issues though. Player bodies shouldn't be impassable and something needs to be done about server hopping.

Never going to log out to avoid a problem though didn't know about 1 and 3 - it doesn't resolve the issues though. Player bodies shouldn't be impassable and something needs to be done about server hopping.

Not trying to be rude or anything but... Playing on low pop looting mil locations is basically server hopping...

• Like 1

Player bodies shouldn't be impassable and something needs to be done about server hopping.

Well....they aren't impassable - you just have to understand the mechanics. 'Server hopping' is a bit of a spectrum tbh.

Not trying to be rude or anything but... Playing on low pop looting mil locations is basically server hopping...

Especially on public server. Unless thats the ONLY pub he plays on i suppose.

maybe not server hopping but he doesn't do like i do i like folks to be on the server. but none the less its his choice and we can't and shouldn't hate on it.

My server filter is set to > 25 players the odd time that I play Public.

Especially on public server. Unless thats the ONLY pub he plays on i suppose.

OK you two with your dumb as ass posts - I'll play where the fuck I like and only an idiot would come out with something like "playing on low pop servers is like server hopping" Oh please. Having played the mod for 2 years and been in more fights than I can remember, I need a couple of noobs showing up telling me how I should play a game? LMFAO!

And now we're supposing it's ok if it's the ONLY server I play on after I make a post calling for server hopping to be fixed??? Seriously???

Oh, the irony! ;)

OK you two with your dumb as ass posts - I'll play where the fuck I like and only an idiot would come out with something like "playing on low pop servers is like server hopping" Oh please. Having played the mod for 2 years and been in more fights than I can remember, I need a couple of noobs showing up telling me how I should play a game? LMFAO!

And now we're supposing it's ok if it's the ONLY server I play on after I make a post calling for server hopping to be fixed??? Seriously???

Oh, the irony! ;)

Let me quess: after gearing on low pop you use that gear to pvp on high pop? Sooooo different from what hoppers do...

Let me quess: after gearing on low pop you use that gear to pvp on high pop? Sooooo different from what hoppers do...

Oh look, another idiotic post.

Oh look, another idiotic post.

Well yours is certainly a lot better.

Well yours is certainly a lot better.

A post pointing out a stupid post generally is. If you had bothered to read though, you may not have made the foolish error that you did.

I gotta say, if the only solution to dead bodies blocking your path is to fillet them like you're in a Dexter re-run, it's an issue. =p

Would be nice to be able to pick bodies up, especially if it's your unconscious buddy and you want to extract him from a firefight to provide medical aid.

• Like 3

Confirming carrying bodies would be fun and helpful in a team. Also it would allow for construction of base defenses using the corpses of fallen foes which is obviously a nice effect on any base. Potential for abuse is huge though if carrying bodies is the only fix, since bodies can merely be moved to hinder your enemy instead of yourself.

• Like 1