freethink

pre .59 hype

who else can't wait?

and what do you hope to see in .59?

Apart from the new vehicles, I really hope we see the return of the infected.

All I want is the infected back, night being dark (no more gamma slider) ,less food and of course minor bugs like "not being able to loot unless you go out and come back in" and double stone crafted knife fixed.

They can work on more vehicles (& heli's) and base building until the new year for all I care if we get the zeds back and true night.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeed .59 !!!! Im thinking it will be wednesday seeing as they aren't saying anything at all =/ !

• Like 2

The biggest, most immediate bug fix for me will be the loot farming at the curved roof barracks. I didn't realise it was such a easy thing currently. I wonder will we need a wipe when it goes to stable also.

My hope has already failed,I mean 2 years game is buggy as hell still have hacking issues, still so much lag when trying to do anything eat drink switch weapons.

I'm currently playing Arma 3 breaking point mod, which is basically Dayz mod on steroids, it seems sad that this arma 3 mod runs way smoother(60fps constant with 75 players) then Dayz standalone and has more features, it has zombies, dynamic helo crashes classes, levels, housing,vehicles, blue prints to make various cool items

• Like 2

My hope has already failed,I mean 2 years game is buggy as hell still have hacking issues, still so much lag when trying to do anything eat drink switch weapons.

I'm currently playing Arma 3 breaking point mod, which is basically Dayz mod on steroids, it seems sad that this arma 3 mod runs way smoother(60fps constant with 75 players) then Dayz standalone and has more features, it has zombies, dynamic helo crashes classes, levels, housing,vehicles, blue prints to make various cool items

I'm sorry for being rude. But every guy who doesn't like DayZ comes to the forums and compares A3 mods to DayZ. Everyone. Same words, same mods, same point. Nothing new. Everytime its breaking point / exile / epoch that is being compared to DayZ. I mean its sickening. It really is. How about wait 6 months and compare DayZ SA mods to A3 mods?

If you compare vanilla DayZ to vanilla ArmA 3, DayZ's better. Way better.

• Like 1

Passed one week. Version 0.59 and is not present! No test servers. No comments developers. One gets the impression that the project was thrown in the trash.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for being rude. But every guy who doesn't like DayZ comes to the forums and compares A3 mods to DayZ. Everyone. Same words, same mods, same point. Nothing new. Everytime its breaking point / exile / epoch that is being compared to DayZ. I mean its sickening. It really is. How about wait 6 months and compare DayZ SA mods to A3 mods?

If you compare vanilla DayZ to vanilla ArmA 3, DayZ's better. Way better.

If you ever played any of those mods you would see that they are way more dynamic. And they have better performance, based on finished engine. People want action, they want cool weapons, they want vehicles, helicopters. They want to build bases and raid other people bases. Even I enjoy Arma3 mods way more than dayz. Sory to say that, but dayz doesnt offer anything at this moment.

EDIT: Arma3 now has very good zombie mod.

Anyway, I would like that they give us more experimental updates with new content and features no mather how buggy they are.

Edited by igor-vk
  • Like 2

If you ever played any of those mods you would see that they are way more dynamic. And they have better performance, based on finished engine. People want action, they want cool weapons, they want vehicles, helicopters. They want to build bases and raid other people bases. Even I enjoy Arma3 mods way more than dayz. Sory to say that, but dayz doesnt offer anything at this moment.

Anyway, I would like that they give us more experimental updates with new content and features no mather how buggy they are.

What he meant was that there is little point comparing a completed game with 2 years worth of modding already, to a half built one that has not even entered the stage where modding is possible. It's like organizing a race between a 7 year old child and an adult and complaining that there's something wrong with the child because he lost. Of course he lost, but that has exactly 0 relevance to his potential to be a great runner later in life when he is grown up. To make the comparison while one racer is still a child is plain stupid and the same is true in this case.

Edited by KenoSkir88
  • Like 1

What he meant was that there is little point comparing a completed game with 2 years worth of modding already, to a half built one that has not even entered the stage where modding is possible. It's like organizing a race between a 7 year old child and an adult and complaining that there's something wrong with the child because he lost. Of course he lost, but that has exactly 0 relevance to his potential to be a great runner later in life when he is grown up. To make the comparison while one racer is still a child is plain stupid and the same is true in this case.

We dont say this because we hate dayz. We say those things because we love dayz and we want more from game.

• Like 1

We dont say this because we hate dayz. We say those things because we love dayz and we want more from game.

Dunno if you misquoted, but i made no mention anywhere of your motivation for the comparison. I said the comparison itself was short sighted and poorly thought out.

• Like 2

I know it doesn't. It just doesn't. DayZ is deep in problems regarding development as there are very dumb bugs, no zombies. It's true, 100% percent true. So why the fuck, and I mean mother of all video games people keep comparing DayZ to the ArmA mods. I mean I don't care if they do it, but posting it here, repeatedly over and over and over and over again and again and again the same thing the same comparisons and the same videos and the same mods.

I play ArmA 3 Exile, I played Epoch - never played Breaking Point but it looks cool. But hey, this forum is about DayZ, not ArmA 3 Mods being compared to DayZ - and DayZ dev being "mocked" as non-profit modders do "better" than them (That's the meaning of it - that's the message that IS BEING delivered).

These guys know nothing about the difference between modding and making a game. That there are big teams working on revising the engine, the audio, the models, the terrain, the logistic of everything and the company management. Every thing that is added to the game is being discussed whether it's a good addition or not. Modding is indeed done under a team but it's not as big, as rewriting a whole game. ArmA 3 is based on the very old 2001 operation flashpoint: crisis game which had several changes through its lifetime all way to ArmA 3. DayZ is being totally redesigned, More than a million and a half of code is being revamped.

So yeah, the repeat of these posts is VERY annoying. Especially when there's like a minimum of 1 extra post of the exact same thing posted here every day.

I'm sure we'll be pretty hyped up by monday, yet again!

Was this the short week in Czech or was that the week before?

I know it doesn't. It just doesn't. DayZ is deep in problems regarding development as there are very dumb bugs, no zombies. It's true, 100% percent true. So why the fuck, and I mean mother of all video games people keep comparing DayZ to the ArmA mods. I mean I don't care if they do it, but posting it here, repeatedly over and over and over and over again and again and again the same thing the same comparisons and the same videos and the same mods.

I play ArmA 3 Exile, I played Epoch - never played Breaking Point but it looks cool. But hey, this forum is about DayZ, not ArmA 3 Mods being compared to DayZ - and DayZ dev being "mocked" as non-profit modders do "better" than them (That's the meaning of it - that's the message that IS BEING delivered).

These guys know nothing about the difference between modding and making a game. That there are big teams working on revising the engine, the audio, the models, the terrain, the logistic of everything and the company management. Every thing that is added to the game is being discussed whether it's a good addition or not. Modding is indeed done under a team but it's not as big, as rewriting a whole game. ArmA 3 is based on the very old 2001 operation flashpoint: crisis game which had several changes through its lifetime all way to ArmA 3. DayZ is being totally redesigned, More than a million and a half of code is being revamped.

So yeah, the repeat of these posts is VERY annoying. Especially when there's like a minimum of 1 extra post of the exact same thing posted here every day

Get back to work brian

So yeah, the repeat of these posts is VERY annoying. Especially when there's like a minimum of 1 extra post of the exact same thing posted here every day.

The point is they have lost there way since rockets pockets took all the money and beat it, Dayz mod was good, the idea and the way it played, standalone was just going to be a better version with better coding to combat hackers, well I  have news still ass tons of teleporting going on, and I know its alpha but the direction in the content development is horrible, it's going so far from what made Dayz mod good we never wanted it to be a sickness im cold/hot simulation blood test kits..... I mean what a waste of time ya come ask me for my blood type... then see if you can have it, better off getting your shovel and planting a garden clueless direction, they might release this 3 years from now when all the hype of what should have been is all but dead.

Another thing there feed back has dropped of the face of the earth at least when rocket was around he was on twitter and tumbler releasing regular road maps,  now you gotta search all over for info tumbler hasnt been touched since early april.

You keep complaining that people keep posting here well maybe it because these mods are doing it the right way, and the Developers should see why all the hype and not miss the friggin boat, my whole squad has abandoned  hope im the last one who still plays, holding hope for a miracle.  I dont expect you to understand much of this frustration as you've only been a member since jan 2014 you probably didn't go through the whole ride, ive been here since oct 2012  3 years now. and nothing but regression.

I dont expect you to understand much of this frustration as you've only been a member since jan 2014 you probably didn't go through the whole ride, ive been here since oct 2012  3 years now. and nothing but regression.

oh I think you see the things wrong. I have been playing ever since DayZ mod 1.6.x I believe. I have opened this account on the January 2014 because I have forgot my email and password for my old account. If you think this registration date means anything you are hella wrong and if you will actually go around judge people by that, you're making a big joke out of yourself and not anyone else. I can prove this only by the first sentence of your message:

The point is they have lost there way since rockets pockets took all the money and beat it

This, my friend is one of the most ignorant, arrogant, retarded and unrespecful to say not only towards Dean Hall but the whole development team. Rocket hasn't took "all" the money or anything and I assure you, you are disgracing rocket only by saying that. Rocket hasn't took anything, he resigned from the DayZ development because he wanted to make his dream come true - to make his own game development studio. As far as I am aware of, Rocket still plays DayZ to this day from time to time.

You'll never get the experience you want in the vanilla DayZ Standalone if you think you won't have to take care of your character's needs man, I guess you should wait until mod support for pvp mods that will delete all of these "useless" parameters as you call it.

If you can't appreciate the amount of progress DayZ went through ever since November 2011 than maybe you should quit and play something else with your squad.

Edited by StanleyWasHappy
  • Like 2

Hopefully it'll come this week I got to drive the cars and form the squad and test the cz 61. I wonder if they can add hiking pants.

Usually I'm not one of those impatient lads, but I can't help but notice that 1) 0.58 hit experimental 3,5 months ago and 0.59 is yet to be announced, 2) we are seriously behind the roadmap for 2015:

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-2015-roadmap/

Now, I understand it's alpha, programming is difficult, blah blah, but can someone tell me what the devs think about commitments they themselves took on? I really want to know what's going on these days; sorry I don't follow all the topics about that but I've been expecting some news on 0.59 for more than a month now. And then I took a look at that roadmap and realized that we were supposed to get air transport two weeks ago... Anyone?

• Like 2