ColdAtrophy

Character Reset

"Your character was unable to be loaded and has been reset. A system administrator has been notified. Please reconnect to continue."

I just got this error message in game. Any ideas on what I should do? I spawned on the coast just after this.

EDIT: Just uploaded a video to Youtube. Processing now....

Edited by ColdAtrophy

did you change servers then go back to the one where it happened? maybe when you clicked "play" after the first time you got kicked, it spawned you at a new server instead of the one you were just on? have you been back to that server since?

Edited by cash81
  • Like 1

I didn't change servers whatsoever. I've been on the same server for days now. Thanks for the suggestion though. I wish it was that simple.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Whenever I get this (the issue has been around since December 2013) I quickly disconnect and immediately connect to another server. Nine times out of ten it restores your character, but if you hang around too long (we're talking thirty seconds or more) then odds are the hive has already overwritten your character with the fresh spawn.

• Like 6

Whenever I get this (the issue has been around since December 2013) I quickly disconnect and immediately connect to another server. Nine times out of ten it restores your character, but if you hang around too long (we're talking thirty seconds or more) then odds are the hive has already overwritten your character with the fresh spawn.

Fair enough. I figured that might be the case. I can usually catch it because it will hang at "Please Wait..." This time it gave me a spawn clock so I thought all was well. 

EDIT: I just tried another server. Character has been wiped. :(

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Fair enough. I figured that might be the case. I can usually catch it because it will hang at "Please Wait..." This time it gave me a spawn clock so I thought all was well. 

EDIT: I just tried another server. Character has been wiped. :(

sucks man. that's weird that it would give you a message like that "unable to load..."

grimey, is that what you saw as well when it happened to you?

every time my char reset, i just see the respawn timer so i exit and relog in the server that i know my guy is saved and it has worked. i've never encountered that message cold got..

sucks man. that's weird that it would give you a message like that "unable to load..."

grimey, is that what you saw as well when it happened to you?

every time my char reset, i just see the respawn timer so i exit and relog in the server that i know my guy is saved and it has worked. i've never encountered that message cold got..

Yep. When the particular server you're connecting to is unable to load your character for whatever reason, it gives you that message and spawns you anew. If the central hive happens to do a backup (which it does every few minutes IIRC) then you're stuck with that character. That's why it's a good idea to GTFO and connect to a new server ASAP.

YMMV LOL ILU FKR

• Like 2

Another heartfelt helpout from grimey. I dont know why so many people dislike you lol

I thought it was standard practice to not hang around if things are taking too long.  That's why I never log in when I gotta piss. Please wait? No thanks.

I thought it was standard practice to not hang around if things are taking too long.  That's why I never log in when I gotta piss. Please wait? No thanks.

Right, but I got a spawn timer. Not please wait. If I had, I would've exited pronto. 

In the past I had the "unable to load..." too but that was usually only when I tried to connect to servers that were only just up, like right after maintenance as if the servers weren't connected to the hive yet.

Indeed loggin out fast and trying a little later usually solved it.

Were you alone in the truck? Assume you were the driver?

Had a passenger recently char wiped after losing connection in cab of truck with me.

[edit - double word postage.]

Edited by KenoSkir88

Were you alone in the truck? Assume you were the driver?

Had a passenger recently char wiped after losing connection in cab of truck with me.

[edit - double word postage.]

Yeah, I was alone at the time, but my buddy got kicked by Battleye with the same stated reason of "client not responding" right before this. Some of the group I play with think its the camp causing it, but neither myself nor the friend I mentioned who got kicked before me were anywhere near the camp when it happened. Still, every day the lag gets worse. Today I teleported randomly around in a 100 meter area near the camp for about 3 minutes. I stopped trying to fight it and just let it run its course. We talked about the possibility of wiping persistence on the server this evening. All of us are getting randomly kicked now and the lag spikes are making it nearly impossible to keep a truck moving for long before you wreck into something.

yea this use to be an issue where if you went into a server too soon before restart it wouldnt be able to find your player connected to the hive and would think you're a freshspawn...

Yeah, I was alone at the time, but my buddy got kicked by Battleye with the same stated reason of "client not responding" right before this. Some of the group I play with think its the camp causing it, but neither myself nor the friend I mentioned who got kicked before me were anywhere near the camp when it happened. Still, every day the lag gets worse. Today I teleported randomly around in a 100 meter area near the camp for about 3 minutes. I stopped trying to fight it and just let it run its course. We talked about the possibility of wiping persistence on the server this evening. All of us are getting randomly kicked now and the lag spikes are making it nearly impossible to keep a truck moving for long before you wreck into something.

I assume you have all tried playing a bit on a freshly wiped server to make sure things improve before you wipe yours? I know a few people who regularly wipe their servers so you could pop across and check the difference one day when it's happening to you guys.

"Your character was unable to be loaded and has been reset. A system administrator has been notified. Please reconnect to continue."

I just got this error message in game. Any ideas on what I should do? I spawned on the coast just after this.

EDIT: Just uploaded a video to Youtube. Processing now....

I lost connection whilst driving a truck and logged back into see this. Apparently I fell out of the truck and died when I disconnected.

Your character will be wiped if you don't immediately disconnect from that server and try another , even then there's a 25% chance your character won't be loaded ... This happened a lot last year it seemed , I usually was able to save my character 7/8 times but there was always that one corrupted character that never came back ....

I lost connection whilst driving a truck and logged back into see this. Apparently I fell out of the truck and died when I disconnected.

I have seen this a few times, people who lose connection in a truck (be it driver or passenger) either die in the truck or glitch out and die on the road.

I guess loading/saving characters who got kicked/left in a truck is bugged a bit.

I never had this bug before but I did have my character "wiped" as well on some servers but quickly left and went on another server.

On the other servers I would have my normal character instead of a fresh one.

Another thing ColdAtrophy, how is the tool called which shows those stats in the top left corner?

It looks damn handy. :)

Edited by IMT

Pretty sure you're talking about afterburner. It's an awesome video capture program as well as fps monitor and so much more.

My first time playing DayZ today and managed a couple of hours and was having a great time. Then server I was on restarted and then seemed to crash and hang on the restart, I exited and joined another server and came back as a new spawn. Quickly exited again and shut game down but haven't been back on since but I think my character is gone too.

Every time this happens to me, I simply try logging in again and everything is fine. When this says your character has been "reset" I don't think it means wiped, or at least the 5 or 6 times I've run into it it's not resulted in that.

Will try and login again tomorrow and see if it might have been something to do with the server I switched to. Maybe it wasn't connected to the hive, I panicked a little and quickly logged out and turned it off in the hope that my other character might reappear and new spawn didn't overwrite my main character.

how is the tool called which shows those stats in the top left corner?

It looks damn handy. :)

It's called MSI Afterburner. Indeed, a very handy tool. :thumbsup: