Sign in to follow this  
Shiva_O

Anyone else have a huge problem with combat?

I see other people can hit me at great ease with single shot rifles, auto weapons etc, when im on the move, zig-zagging or whatever.

Every single 1 on 1 fight i've been in i lost. Regardless of server or ping, hits never seem to register, people slide around a lot of the time, movements arent smooth and a lot of people are impossible to hit.

Just got fired on by some bandit in cherno, he hit me twice and i got into a house. i heard him come in behind me, i was waiting for him and got the first shots off as he walked through the door about 8ft in front of me. Unloaded about 10 rounds from a cr75 into his head, he never even flinched, sort of slid towards me a bit and unloaded a couple of rounds of AK into me killing me straight outright.

I have similar issues when sniping.

Anyone else?

• Like 2

I was about 5 meters from a guy, shot him 6 times with a magnum, at least 3 bullets should have hit him. I even got it recorded and watched it many times and I should have killed him. But nope. Oh well we can only wait until server performance is better. Or look for a good server with less desync.

• Like 1

It's desync, it was always in the game, the devs are working on it

This game IS in alpha, remember that.

Therefore, there will be issues, bugs, and all sorts of things wrong.

To quote a great person.....Patience, my young padawan learner.

Is there a way I can check which servers have the best desync rates before i join them?

I see other people can hit me at great ease with single shot rifles, auto weapons etc, when im on the move, zig-zagging or whatever.

Every single 1 on 1 fight i've been in i lost. Regardless of server or ping, hits never seem to register, people slide around a lot of the time, movements arent smooth and a lot of people are impossible to hit.

Just got fired on by some bandit in cherno, he hit me twice and i got into a house. i heard him come in behind me, i was waiting for him and got the first shots off as he walked through the door about 8ft in front of me. Unloaded about 10 rounds from a cr75 into his head, he never even flinched, sort of slid towards me a bit and unloaded a couple of rounds of AK into me killing me straight outright.

Anyone else?

Get good learn to shoot this aint a cute and colourful rainbow land with COD type aim assist learn to aim train in Arma  

• Like 2

Get good learn to shoot this aint a cute and colourful rainbow land with COD type aim assist learn to aim train in Arma  

That is most certainly true, but you have to admit that all his problems come from desync, not from a lack of CoD style combat.

My experiences with combat have been similar. Any server with ten people and above start to make combat iffy. We're talking sliding characters, confirmed hits with blood not causing any damage, what appears to be teleportation because of severe desync etc.

Edited by CornProducts

whats your ping you should try and always stay under 100 anything over that it seems theres a chance for more weird things like you mentioned. i'm always on the same server ping in never over 70 for me i've been in quite a few fights and never experience these things, not saying they don't happen i know they do but you should try to see if you can to find a low ping server.  

there is this stats bug in .57 where technicly your oponent died but the game dosent update this. When he relogs he will find himself atr the coast most likely. Happend to me too. Killed someone where i was sure i dident survive it. Was all good not even broken legs ( wich i should have had ) than i relogged and was ded.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

That is most certainly true, but you have to admit that all his problems come from desync, not from a lack of CoD style combat.

My experiences with combat have been similar. Any server with ten people and above start to make combat iffy. We're talking sliding characters, confirmed hits with blood not causing any damage, what appears to be teleportation because of severe desync etc.

well maybe he has a problem with bullet travel time and bullet raise/fall? i don't personally play CoD but i think they don't represent the bullets in their physicaly correct manner, or are they?

Desync is a big factor. Stable is unplayable for me. It's too unreliable to be fun. Probably several issues are at fault. Status not updating on your character, so some shock and health damage is not registrered, general desync, bullet travel etc. The hitbox of the other player is not where you think it is, which explains why it's easy to kill somene running straight at you, or standing still, but if it's someone running vertically it's a different matter. I've lost count of how many times i've had the same experience as the OP. Someone enters building unaware of you, you empty a mag into them and they just turn around, spots you sitting in a corner and shoots you 2 times, then you die. I've just completely stopped using automatic weapons, and try to avoid close combat situations. In the past I would be excited when finding an AKM, now, not so much.

0.58 exp is better, I should add, but not perfect.

Edited by anderswhk

Someone enters building unaware of you, you empty a mag into them and they just turn around, spots you sitting in a corner and shoots you 2 times, then you die.

Absolutely this. I tend to avoid CQB, so it's only happened a few times, but annoying as hell when it does.

That said, I find it pretty easy to avoid shooters at longer ranges

• Like 1

I also had an unfortunate time last night on exp. The guy was running towards me with a gun and my character decided to remove the gun from my hands 5 times in a row :)

Edited by Miracool

I also had an unfortunate time last night on exp. The guy was running towards me with a gun and my character decided to remove the gun from my hands 5 times in a row :)

Yeah that's a new bug, and it makes double carrying weapons unviable. I lost an M4 I had just found at the Myshkino base earlier today that way. Was not about to search the entire forest. Ain't nobody got time for dat.. I think it's terrain related, because it happens to other players as well at the same spot. If you move somewhere else it stops. Usually 10-20 meters.

Edited by anderswhk

close quarters combat is a crap shoot. you are better off getting a bit of range between you and your opponent

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

there is this stats bug in .57 where technicly your oponent died but the game dosent update this. When he relogs he will find himself atr the coast most likely. Happend to me too. Killed someone where i was sure i dident survive it. Was all good not even broken legs ( wich i should have had ) than i relogged and was ded.

This is very interesting... I think it happened to a buddy of mine the other day. He got shot up pretty badly and ended up healing up enough to carry on. Next time he logged in he died almost instantly (if not instantly- I don't remember exactly). 

• Like 1

I shot a non moving person in the chest from 2 meters away and the bullets went through his body and hit the wall behind him but didn't injure him as if he was a ghost

so its not a bug, it's just military simulator?

I shot a non moving person in the chest from 2 meters away and the bullets went through his body and hit the wall behind him but didn't injure him as if he was a ghost

so its not a bug, it's just military simulator?

That is a hacker not a bug I have experienced this even without desync if you think its desync leave the server find servers with 40MS or lower.

Also on a side note your avatar looks sexy as fuck

Edited by Senodog

Its just hit and miss basically. If the game is on your side the person you shoot will die, If its against you your shots will do no or minimal damage and you will die. Its different on every server and varies depending on server status. One thing I've noticed is that if you have the bug where your statuses aren't updating you can take a shitload of hits before you die.

I've had a few funny situations happen where someone asks me to kill them and I fire at them point blank and miss because of this. Once even with a sawn-off shotgun when the guy was laying on the ground in front of me with broken legs.

Anyone else?

How far away in meters are you when zig-zagging? If you're too close (under 30 meters imho) zig-zagging doesn't work.

What do you mean by "never seem to register?" Never this build, never in any build, stable, experiment, etc?

Your encounter, the net-code is pretty bad in SA. There is about a 3 second delay on when bullets hit and they're effect happens in my experience. I would wager you got him, but you died first. We see this a lot in troubleshooting issues in my community. Could have bounced bubbles too. Being in the vicinity of certain players makes me lag in combat situations.

Sniping is fine on my end. I do hear there is a ballistics issue in EXP. Instant hit or 2 second delay for the hit.

Edited by Weyland Yutani

If you lose all your firefights, it is more than just desync that is your problem.  Desync IS a problem, but it is equal in screwing us over.  You should be winning firefights with or without that issue.

You may very well be horrible at first person shooters.

• Like 1

I've been playing on an English server from Oregon USA with over 200 ping and have been experiencing great performance, both close range and long. Not so sure that ping is the causing factor in desync

ping has very little to do with desync afaik, the main problem is with public srvers having to sync with the hive constantly, this was also a problem in the mod, stats like hunger/thirst/blood all got synced through the hive which is basically a database

if you have big issues with this, try a private hive server, maybe there it will be better

i noticed that desync is pretty bad on eu servers, while on american servers and private hive servers its not as bad, maybe the piblic hives are located in the us and take longer to update stats on eu public servers

Edited by Zombo

Yeah the desync is so bad for me it's making the game unplayable.  It will run fine for a few minutes then I'll get hit with desync for 30 seconds, can't move, randomly looking up at the sky/down at the ground, floating 10-15 feet in every direction, spinning around....

Super frustrating.