Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Dynamic Player Models

This is a must...

There should be six versions of each model.

Height:

• short (1) 
  • medium (2)
  • tall (3)

Weight: 

• skinny (4)
  • medium (5)
  • fat (6)

Currently, every male/female appears to be the same height/weight.

I believe we should have direct control over this at respawn (default setting). Furthermore, as players nutrition becomes an issue over time, these attributes should change.

• Like 3

i wonder if we would end up with the shit that used to happen in goldeneye for N64 everyone plays oddjob the short tiny guy who's hard to shoot lol. i can see it now a bunch of skinny short people because the hit boxes are smaller and they are harder to hit. no one will play a fat ass that you can hit with a shotgun blind firing and not miss. now if it was like say other games gta san andreas for example where you actually change visually that would work but then there would need to be so many different mechanics involved like if i'm cutting trees all day building stuff then how am i still fat, it couldn't just be based off of food intake it would have to be based off of every action you do how much you move how strenuous the activity and with this being the apocalypse where we run non stop where we have a hard time finding food where we are cutting down trees climbing ladders etc there wouldn't be any fat people IMO. cool idea it just seems like a lot of work and there are other things character wise i would like to see first and thats easier i think to implement such as hairstyles, facial hair,skin color and then i'm happy......Bohemia let me look like the guy from the oakridge boys please.

• Like 4

As long as the hitbox issue isn't directly related to the model directly and that the changes would be visual and not physically changing the character, i feel that this would REALLY add to a level of realism that is unprecedented.  To actually use visual cues, beyond the "armband or hat" can really make this way more immersive! I for one, welcome "tall fatties running in the apocalypse, to cut down those pounds!!" 

I would rather prefer "neutral" body shapes that change your characters build without making him or her an inherently bigger or smaller target. Otherwise it would need to be balanced or prebalanced and randomized.

Edited by Evil Minion

What a nightmare that would be for the art team! lol

What a nightmare that would be for the art team! lol

Hell yeah, this idea would have to be fleshed out pretty well.. if proper nutrition was a factor further down the track then spawning fat would be good for what ? I could see this idea working well if being actually fat or skinny is just a cosmetic thing which is all it would be obviously at this current state in the game and health levels would never be dependent on actually being fat and skinny which i guess is what weyland means 

Hell yeah, this idea would have to be fleshed out pretty well.. if proper nutrition was a factor further down the track then spawning fat would be good for what ? I could see this idea working well if being actually fat or skinny is just a cosmetic thing which is all it would be obviously at this current state in the game and health levels would never be dependent on actually being fat and skinny which i guess is what weyland means 

The idea is terrible because the amount of workload it puts on the whole team when it doesn't really affect the core game elements of the simulator at all.

The idea is terrible because the amount of workload it puts on the whole team when it doesn't really affect the core game elements of the simulator at all.

I wouldn't mind a bit more diversity for your "default" spawned character but if dynamic how do you simulate different metabolisms? IRL I'm lucky I guess I have terrible eating habits and I'm lazy as fuck yet aside from gaining 5 lbs when I quit smoking I still have the same body as when I was 17-18. Even if the mechanics for the appetite, metabolism, size, and such were adjustable people wouldn't pick for diversity they'd pic the ones that gave them an edge in game therefore all picking the same anyway.     

Yes. I want to create Tyrion Lannister.

As would every bandit who likes to be a target easy to miss. Unless character size comes with actually authentic implications. Then short fat bambis who be pretty harmless as you could just run away from them all day.

Then why don't make it affect the core elements? Would make more sense to me than adding loads of firearms/weapons and military equipment. Edited by Evil Minion

I'll take the smallest hitbox you have, please.