Sign in to follow this  
Connect3d

So is DayZ 58% done?

DayZ is at version .58 or something similar, which makes me believe the game itself is 58% done, considering that's basically what it means.

So my question is, how much stuff had to be cut for you guys to make the 2016 release date? Because from my point of view, which I admit is not an educated one on this subject, I'd definitely not say DayZ is 58% done. My guess would be more like 15% finished when looking at BI's earlier titles' content.

This post may seem like I'm trying to provoke some sort of responds, but I am genuinely curious.

Hello there

Dont take version numbers as percentages.

I know, i know it does seem like the way to do it and it does give a nice guide to how close we are to 1.0.

But dont take it as an absolute on content/items/mechanics/etc

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

DayZ is at version .58 or something similar, which makes me believe the game itself is 58% done, considering that's basically what it means.

Version-# in Software development don't follow a strict convention, other than the one you set yourself.

They could literally go to 0.734 from 0.58 and iterate over those - which will end up with a version-# like: 0.734.34523489 just before the 1.0 release.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 3

i feel this conversation happened before woooooo scary

• Like 1

This isn't version 0.58 either, Its something like 0.5812665 so there could be a thousand updates before we hit 1.0

• Like 1

I think you're way off with your 15% factor and what are you comparing It to ? The mod ? Arma 2 OA? You do realize the ONLY difference between that and this is base building and advanced vehicles ? Why are people so fucking in love with such a crap mod (sorry mod fans, only 2 mods ever caught my attention like sa did ) and letting the nostalgia of it blind you to what's really the perfect image of zombie survival (dayz sa) . This game already has 2X more content than the mod , arma2 or arma 3 has ....

Oh yayyy I get to drive 2,000,000 different types of vehicles/guns when I play that definitely means it's a great game ... Lol some people just want everything at once I can't wait to see when this game is fully released (and I would say it's just about 65% complete ) cuz people have been complaining about sa since it released yet it's potential is already soaring past the mods and arma 3s , not to mention the content is just about to surpass the content level in arma games and old dayz mods when advanced vehicles and base building is in. Literally that's the only damn thing people ever care about , take some time to realize the uniquities of standalone itself and you will realize it's building a base that's far larger than the content and immersion base set by the mods and arma 3 ... They just won't compare in terms of content when dayz is finished and they already DONT compare with realism / immersion (sure the mod has a soundtrack and more gored up environments but standalone is working on that and already has a much better feel for a survival game ).

I think you're way off with your 15% factor and what are you comparing It to ? The mod ? Arma 2 OA? You do realize the ONLY difference between that and this is base building and advanced vehicles ? Why are people so fucking in love with such a crap mod (sorry mod fans, only 2 mods ever caught my attention like sa did ) and letting the nostalgia of it blind you to what's really the perfect image of zombie survival (dayz sa) . This game already has 2X more content than the mod , arma2 or arma 3 has ....

Oh yayyy I get to drive 2,000,000 different types of vehicles/guns when I play that definitely means it's a great game ... Lol some people just want everything at once I can't wait to see when this game is fully released (and I would say it's just about 65% complete ) cuz people have been complaining about sa since it released yet it's potential is already soaring past the mods and arma 3s , not to mention the content is just about to surpass the content level in arma games and old dayz mods when advanced vehicles and base building is in. Literally that's the only damn thing people ever care about , take some time to realize the uniquities of standalone itself and you will realize it's building a base that's far larger than the content and immersion base set by the mods and arma 3 ... They just won't compare in terms of content when dayz is finished and they already DONT compare with realism / immersion (sure the mod has a soundtrack and more gored up environments but standalone is working on that and already has a much better feel for a survival game ).

People seem to think that Epoch was DayZ and believe that's what this game should be.  If that was the case it should have been called Epoch SA and not DayZ SA.

This game already has 2X more content than the mod , arma2 or arma 3 has ....

Muahahah.

Even the very first version of the mod was a more complete game than SA is right now.

• Like 3

Muahahah.

Even the very first version of the mod was a more complete game than SA is right now.

Best joke I've heard yet.

I dont think calling the mod crap is really a fair statement but to each their own - and without the mod there would be no SA so

People seem to think that Epoch was DayZ and believe that's what this game should be.  If that was the case it should have been called Epoch SA and not DayZ SA.

I think comparing the two is the problem, different games from different times really, similar in ways sure - at any rate whatever SA ends up being its a really interesting and well done game just as the mod was for me

Muahahah.

LOL! No

Muahahah.

Complete or not, it was more fun. The early days were gold.  Of what's to come the remaining fanatics mostly share wet dreams and allegorically compare notes on how to tie their shoelaces.

They could literally go to 0.734 from 0.58 and iterate over those - which will end up with a version-# like: 0.734.34523489 just before the 1.0 release.

Indeed.  Kerbal Space Program went from Alpha at 0.24 to Beta 0.90 in one patch.

• Like 1