kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Heading over to the feedback tracker to do some reportin' but I figured I'd ask around these parts first.

I met a lovely guy, by ambushing him along the road south of Zeleno, but after hanging out for a while, he climbed a tower, and got stuck in the climbing animation.
That I shall hereby refer to as the Ravin' glitch, sliding around and dancing.

Has anybody experienced this?
(solution was, ironically enough, to drink some water, wich stopped the rave)

The small amount of time I spent in Elektro and Cherno with greatly increased FPS, must be due to the much smaller amount of items spawning there. Quite interesing how big of a difference it actually makes.

I noticed that if you throw a paper at a wall, it sticks to the wall. Pretty cool.

34eywkz.jpg 

• Like 11

I have somewhat of a grasp on what the loot system is supposed to be and yet I feel like I'm completely lost.

After the server restart I figured I hop to see what difference in servers at a particular location after a restart.

Hoping Stary Sober this is what I found and dont understand why I found what I found:

• 1 server had full loot in tents and town (this time and one other time in the past I've logged into this server and found guns spawned in the tents, the other 100s of times i've been there on various and this server nothing)
  • 1 server had low loot spawn in the tents and town 
  • 8 servers had essentially NO LOOT spawned what so ever (an item here and and item there at most)

Can  anyone explain why this is?  Is the CLE still just completely screwed up?  I've noticed that north of the airfeild, pretty much every town has a ton of loot when I get there, south of the airfeild there little to loot when I come in.  I did test what someone had described earlier in the thread, that the loot re spawn is based upon your time spent in the vicinity of the spawn point.  I made 3 laps around a police car spawn in Novaya, aprx a one block radius, and each time there was more or previously unspawned loot at the cop car and each building I entered.

Edited by Skoalcom

I have somewhat of a grasp on what the loot system is supposed to be and yet I feel like I'm completely lost.

After the server restart I figured I hop to see what difference in servers at a particular location after a restart.

Hoping Stary Sober this is what I found and dont understand why I found what I found:

• 1 server had full loot in tents and town (this time and one other time in the past I've logged into this server and found guns spawned in the tents, the other 100s of times i've been there on various and this server nothing)
  • 1 server had low loot spawn in the tents and town 
  • 8 servers had essentially NO LOOT spawned what so ever (an item here and and item there at most)

Can  anyone explain why this is?  Is the CLE still just completely screwed up?  I've noticed that north of the airfeild, pretty much every town has a ton of loot when I get there, south of the airfeild there little to loot when I come in.  I did test what someone had described earlier in the thread, that the loot re spawn is based upon your time spent in the vicinity of the spawn point.  I made 3 laps around a police car spawn in Novaya, aprx a one block radius, and each time there was more or previously unspawned loot at the cop car and each building I entered.

The cop cars are dynamic and if they're anything like the heli crashes they stick around for about 4 hours and replace taken or despawned loot with something else from their table after some amount of time but it seems like only if you break line of sight. I still cant prove it but suspect dynamic events wipe a bigger radius (maybe 1000m) than just their spawns, any chance that was happening in the no loot areas?

• Like 1

last time i tested tripwires (3 patches ago) there happend nothing.

the tripwire degrades but nothing happens to my feet or legs.

after some minutes it despawned like other items.

3 patches ago?  That's like a ice age ago in DayZ.  I hit something the other day coming into a house that messed up my ankles, there was no bear trap, that was 2 patches ago.  I just figured it may have been a trip wire.

3 patches ago?  That's like a ice age ago in DayZ.  I hit something the other day coming into a house that messed up my ankles, there was no bear trap, that was 2 patches ago.  I just figured it may have been a trip wire.

The trip wire is wire and sticks, right?

Got a session scheduled with junior in a bit we could test that out if we can find the supplies.

• Like 1

Quoting myself... but none the less, herd is now stuck.  I tried talking to them, feeding them, stuck the pointy end of my UMP in their butts, nothing.  BC, bring your barrel!

LgF3my3.jpg

oPQi1R7.jpg

Also, while I'm posting, I saw a herd of deer way up north, middle of the map. First time for that in recent builds.

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 2

The cop cars are dynamic and if they're anything like the heli crashes they stick around for about 4 hours and replace taken or despawned loot with something else from their table after some amount of time but it seems like only if you break line of sight. I still cant prove it but suspect dynamic events wipe a bigger radius (maybe 1000m) than just their spawns, any chance that was happening in the no loot areas?

You might be on to something with this.  It would explain the constant presence of loot in the towns north of the NW airfield (From severo and west of it) because they lack cop car spawns.  It would also explain the complete lack of loot in towns such as stary/vybor/pustoshka/zelenogorsk/etc that have a bunch of cop car spawns.  Yet in other towns south of the airfield (that lack police car spawns), it wouldn't explain the non existence of loot, unless the radius of the dynamic event despawn is insanely big and it's a result of heli spawns.

Any thoughts on the bigger portion of my post regarding full loot on one server and essentially no loot on every other server after a restart (or is that would that still be from a dynamic despawn event from prior to the restart)?

Edited by Skoalcom

You might be on to something with this.  It would explain the constant presence of loot in the towns north of the NW airfield (From severo and west of it) because they lack cop car spawns.  It would also explain the complete lack of loot in towns such as stary/vybor/pustoshka/zelenogorsk/etc that have a bunch of cop car spawns.  Yet in other towns south of the airfield (that lack police car spawns), it wouldn't explain the non existence of loot, unless the radius of the dynamic event despawn is insanely big and it's a result of heli spawns.

Any thoughts on the bigger portion of my post regarding full loot on one server and essentially no loot on every other server after a restart (or is that would that still be from a dynamic despawn event from prior to the restart)?

I spent a bit of time in Kamnek (sp?) the town on the coast with the heli spawn a few time and it seemed to wipe the grocery store and deer hut down the road as well and that's near 1000m away when it despawned.

There was that really pointed hint in one of the status reports to the effect of "If there's nothing in one town, try the next one over and you'll find something".  Maybe even a random or player triggered dynamic despawn bubble in general to push players out of an area?

*edit*

Restart has no effect on loot spawning anymore, it fills back in slowly as it's taken or despawns. 

Edited by BCBasher

I noticed that if you throw a paper at a wall, it sticks to the wall. Pretty cool.

34eywkz.jpg 

Looks like a target )

Loving the current implementation of CLE. You can really feel your character progressing as you move north and west. Can't wait for this to hit stable with persistence to see what happens. With loot hoarders the balancing act with loot will become that much harder I would think

• Like 1

Really, punching... yes, it works, but sad.

you can punch open locked doors. or use an axe or hammer or whatever. also you can shoot them open.

From what I can tell, some are dynamic, others are not.  I've been experimenting with one particular cop car for weeks.  It's always there, typically containing lower level loot, but I've also pulled MP5's and ACOGs, (2 pristine at the same time, only once though).  I'll get back to you in a month, once I have a better feel...

Actually, more info now that I'm thinking about it,  if you loot the vehicle, in roughly 30 minutes +/-, new loot spawns.  Also, there are houses near by which are not affected.  This makes me believe that more is going on than we know... At least for this particular location. 

Edited by Super_Duty

The CLE does not yet have regional control over loot spawns enabled, so the loot is not distributed evenly.

Gorka jacket is waterproof again.

• Like 7

The trip wire is wire and sticks, right?

Got a session scheduled with junior in a bit we could test that out if we can find the supplies.

Yes, it takes 2 sticks and one wire

Killed on a 3pp server by someone I saw first and greeted, I had no weapon in hand.  He's dressed in police cammies with a M/C helmet.  SNG 0-1, wasn't even in a high threat area.  Just a small village, I said hello, waved, he waved then shot me.  Looks to be heading for NWAF and Vybor Mil base.

not only the pewpew kids came to exp. yesterday was an player global banned on exp.

time to get this baby to stable, before they "destroy" our exp. feeling  <_<

not only the pewpew kids came to exp. yesterday was an player global banned on exp.

time to get this baby to stable, before they "destroy" our exp. feeling  <_<

I blame break and sacriel. I actually lol watching their streams when they are playing exp just thinking about the reactions on this thread. I saw them kill a guy with basically very little apart from a battery and glowplug. Totally unprovoked too. Up north they don't even bandit, it's just kill everyone.

I watch them both so I may be part of the problem:D

I've only played 30 minutes and noticed no show stopping bugs. Listening to that lot though the game that they play x hours a day is totally unplayable. Oh and Rocket is going to "save dayz" once the release the modding tools apparently. (Let it go Rocket, Let it go!)

btw is everyone using -newui, I'm not getting the big fps increases everyone else seems to be getting.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

I've only played 30 minutes and noticed no show stopping bugs. Listening to that lot though the game that they play x hours a day is totally unplayable. Oh and Rocket is going to "save dayz" once the release the modding tools apparently. (Let it go Rocket, Let it go!)

Well, there is a pretty serious bug where your character keeps putting gun back into inventory over and over. It's pretty show stopping, esp. if non-friendlies are around. Besides that, the game is playing quite smoothly and is fun. It annoys me, too, when people say that modding tools are going to "save the game" or that they're "just waiting for modding tools so the game can be good

or something like that. People seem to overlook how fun this game can be and focus more on the bugs.

the reoccuring damage is a typical indicator that the server considers you fell off somewhere and kept falling again and again. no chance to escape from that death unless you manage to get back the same way you came from.

typically happens when you run up stairs i.e. in the big red house and too close to the wall, desync will make the server think u warped thru the side wall and fell off the stairs.

this also happens in firestations if you run up the stairs too quickly and skip the last 1-2 steps going straight up the ceiling.

that might be possible, it really happened when i went up the stairs in one of the red buildings. good to know, thanks for the info. kinda annoying cause i lost all my gear, but look like i need to expect things like that while playing exp

I blame break and sacriel. I actually lol watching their streams when they are playing exp just thinking about the reactions on this thread. I saw them kill a guy with basically very little apart from a battery and glowplug. Totally unprovoked too. Up north they don't even bandit, it's just kill everyone.

Most of the streamers are completely annoying to me. I stopped watching Dayz streams. I guess I watched Frankie the most, but that was some time ago. It's probably from the lack of things to do,but these people can't play! They don't know how to. All they see is a weapon in their hands and all they are capable of is thinking: "I'm gonna shoot someone". It's particularly annoying for people, who play mostly solo, like myself. I can't approach any group of two or more players without knowing there will be a fight. Also, everybody tells me to put my weapon down and come out. What happened to: I go my way and you go yours, okay? 

Almost everybody has become plain sneaky and vile in this game, and I really think that has a lot to do with the zombies being no threat and no mechanics to help a "screaming" player. Those screams when someone was eaten in the mod where so intense - I often felt compelled to help. That's why I hope the infected will be the meanest mfs around when they are back up and running. These people who just want to kill others everywhere they meet, should be horde-magnets and fight for their own life, if they decide to shoot at everyone in a city. With the base-building + persistence you'd be stupid to carry your best stuff to town anyway. I usually just take a shotgun/crossbow and a pistol to town and a crafted backpack. If I find better, I can drop the stuff there. If I get killed, it is no loss. So what are people trying to kill me for? My pants and jacket? Once this becomes more obvious to people as the way to go to town and there is less good loot on us, maybe the pointless killing will stop. Maybe those griefers will have to work for their kills and follow me around to my base and actually use some brains to get me. I'm seriously fed up with everyone either running away or saying "friendly" and then shooting at me. I wanna talk to people: "Hey, seen any deer?", "Dude, there is a truck parked up there, do you have a battery? I have sparkplugs. I only want a ride!", "I have two binoculars, care to trade for a quiver and some bolts?" -> That doesn't happen any more.

Well, still happy about playing this, but people need to learn to relax a little and try to think of something else, besides squeezing the trigger.  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 21

Most of the streamers are completely annoying to me. I stopped watching Dayz streams. I guess I watched Frankie the most, but that was some time ago. It's probably from the lack of things to do,but these people can't play! They don't know how to. All they see is a weapon in their hands and all they are capable of is thinking: "I'm gonna shoot someone". It's particularly annoying for people, who play mostly solo, like myself. I can't approach any group of two or more players without knowing there will be a fight. Also, everybody tells me to put my weapon down and come out. What happened to: I go my way and you go yours, okay? 

Almost everybody has become plain sneaky and vile in this game, and I really think that has a lot to do with the zombies being no threat and no mechanics to help a "screaming" player. Those screams when someone was eaten in the mod where so intense - I often felt compelled to help. That's why I hope the infected will be the meanest mfs around when they are back up and running. These people who just want to kill others everywhere they meet, should be horde-magnets and fight for their own life, if they decide to shoot at everyone in a city. With the base-building + persistence you'd be stupid to carry your best stuff to town anyway. I usually just take a shotgun/crossbow and a pistol to town and a crafted backpack. If I find better, I can drop the stuff there. If I get killed, it is no loss. So what are people trying to kill me for? My pants and jacket? Once this becomes more obvious to people as the way to go to town and there is less good loot on us, maybe the pointless killing will stop. Maybe those griefers will have to work for their kills and follow me around to my base and actually use some brains to get me. I'm seriously fed up with everyone either running away or saying "friendly" and then shooting at me. I wanna talk to people: "Hey, seen any deer?", "Dude, there is a truck parked up there, do you have a battery? I have sparkplugs. I only want a ride!", "I have two binoculars, care to trade for a quiver and some bolts?" -> That doesn't happen any more.

Well, still happy about playing this, but people need to learn to relax a little and try to think of something else, besides squeezing the trigger.  

Honestly, they are good streamers and their gameplay style is their own choice. I like the sense of doom I get knowing that there are people going to kill me without a moments hesitation. Also it's not like they are hanging out on the coast. It's pretty much all nwaf based and kos is fair game up around there imo.  tbf to break when he isn't squaded up he tends to give people a chance.

I do smile to myself watching them play exp and remembering all the 'exp has gone kos' posts on here.

that might be possible, it really happened when i went up the stairs in one of the red buildings. good to know, thanks for the info. kinda annoying cause i lost all my gear, but look like i need to expect things like that while playing exp

its a pretty old issue, beware of this in stable as well. ;) its a problem with the desync in the game and the low-ish server tickrate.