kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

All in all, this build appears to be working well.  Been at it since last evening, and at least 8 hours today.  I have not lost a weapon, or anything for that matter, related to the previous issues.  Currently running around with a full backpack, dual carrying back to camp.  Probably an hour out, way South at the moment, moving North, if I can get there clean.

Oh and I found this on the beach...

UmlhUrj.png

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 2

All in all, this build appears to be working well.  Been at it since last evening, and at least 8 hours today.  I have not lost a weapon, or anything for that matter, related to the previous issues.  Currently running around with a full backpack, dual carrying back to camp.  Probably an hour out, way South at the moment, moving North, if I can get there clean.

Oh and I found this on the beach...

pic- > epic!

That small addition is epic! Especially since at first I thought "yeah heh, congrats, you saw the sign..." and only then I realized: "wait what's that in the corner?" :)

The fish net trap is working well went through 2 rolls of duct tape to get some solid information.

No longer catches carp in the ocean it seems, going to try it in a pond next.

In about a dozen tries caught about 10 mackerel and 20 sardines, not sure where we're at with sardines being useful.

Stick cooked mackerel does not make you sick, junior ate it did not see if the messages still say raw fish or not..

Duct tape quantity updates properly in your inventory without having to move it in your bag to update it.

Cool, you are way ahead of me. I completely forgot about the fish traps. Only tried the bottle once and got pissed about getting wet. 

Idk for sure, but I don't think you get sick from every piece of cooked food. I remember eating some cooked fish before eating the cooked meat and only got the message "My mouth tastes funny" a little while later. I ate it all pretty fast, but still - it had to get cooked and nothing happened inbetween the first 2 pieces. 

Edited by S3V3N

Been back on it the last day or so and its seems easy as before. Had lost two guns when drinking, but hey plenty around. Some ammo is scarce some is more plentiful.

The one thing that annoys me is the wet settings they still have , not even ten seconds running in light rain and im drenched, or feet splashing in water for  couple of seconds and im soaked? Nah that's really all that annoys me right now, its ridiculous.

Just need zombies now.

We've got long respawn timers on most everything of high value in the quonset hut. Mags, weapons, etc.

Food spawn rates seems exceptionally low, especially in the West/North/Northwest side of the map.  More than 8 hours of scavenging and I am just barely maintaining my hunger state above starving.  We're talking about having cleared every single town, big and small between Zelenogorsk and Vavilovo.  Rough guess ... out of 150 civilian residences, less than 10 of them had food.  This is a problem ... I have been minutes from starvation several times and managed to find a couple of apples, but just barely made it.

Edited by Caelib
  • Like 1

Zelen has been a ghost town, loot wise, for a while as well as Sosnovka just to the North.  Zelen was hit hard after the lootsplosion episode was cleaned up in a previous build.   

Food spawn rates seems exceptionally low, especially in the West/North/Northwest side of the map.  More than 8 hours of scavenging and I am just barely maintaining my hunger state above starving.  We're talking about having cleared every single town, big and small between Zelenogorsk and Vavilovo.  Rough guess ... out of 150 civilian residences, less than 10 of them had food.  This is a problem ... I have been minutes from starvation several times and managed to find a couple of apples, but just barely made it.

Find something to make a garden plot, 3 water containers and a pack of pumpkin seeds .. you'll never have to look for food again.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Same level its been for the last month + - Food is prioritized over all other items, and never dips out of the top 10 items active on the ground.

1vrgeJl.png

• Like 3

The net fish trap works in ponds to catch only catch carp and since it doesn't catch sardines there I'd say it's more productive.

Not sure on the actual stat difference for the different meats you get 2 fillets out of each carp so not sure if that makes it better as well.

We've got 19 pieces of different fish cooked to try when we log back in later so 3 rolls of tape 1 netting and 1 wire got us 22 fish fillets and maybe 20 sardines, not bad. 

• Like 2

Anyone else unable to join experimental servers and getting "unknown version" message?  I have the current version and had been playing for a while this afternoon.  I logged for dinner and now can't get back in.

Anyone else unable to join experimental servers and getting "unknown version" message?  I have the current version and had been playing for a while this afternoon.  I logged for dinner and now can't get back in.

If you posted immediately after then that was one of the 12 hour resets.

They're 0500 and 1700 PST (GMT-8). 

That would be 8:00am and 8:00pm EST for those mathematically challenged on the U.S. east coast.

EDIT!!! battle eye is not playing nicely.

Edited by Super_Duty

Same happened to me before the restart. Barrel got stuck in my hands so re logged...unknown game version.

Just tried 10 minutes after restart, same...verified game cache, restarted steam, restarted the PC, restarted DayZ...unknown game version.

All the 20 odd exp servers I could see, only one had one player...tried to join...unknown game version...

Please... Someone call the Chernarus Ministry of Infrastructure immediately.   

• Like 4

That would be 8:00am and 8:00pm EST for those mathematically challenged on the U.S. east coast.

And 0000 & 1200 zulu or utc, not sure how DST works over there?

Is it midnight or 1am in the UK right now?

Same happened to me before the restart. Barrel got stuck in my hands so re logged...unknown game version.

Just tried 10 minutes after restart, same...verified game cache, restarted steam, restarted the PC, restarted DayZ...unknown game version.

All the 20 odd exp servers I could see, only one had one player...tried to join...unknown game version...

Fuuuuuuu... Hope it's not out for long, junior and I got rid of the small children and wimmin folk and were planning a DayZ marathon.

• Like 2

meh whats happening I was going for my morning sunday drive and now cant get in . BE or Dayz ? 10am GMT in AUS 

It's even worse than that.  Someone forgot to send the memo regarding the change from using GMT to UTC.  Like we were all paying close attention to that!

And 0000 & 1200 zulu or utc, not sure how DST works over there?

Is it midnight or 1am in the UK right now?

Hey guys... just had a cool experience on this latest patch. I don't care what anybody says... that a.I. is coming along. Made for a cool night.

Edited by WarmBrains
  • Like 1

@Hicks_206 fix that shit or I'm gonna F11 myself IRL.

• Like 1

There's plenty of food over Chernarus as a whole, and it's no problem finding it.  But there definitely seems to be something weird about the run of towns from Zeleno->Pustoshka->Vybor->Lopatino.  After the servers have been up for a few hours, those four towns are consistently almost barren on the Exp. servers I've played on.  Vavilovo has a bit more, and Sinistok->Novaya Petrovka have tons of food.

It's no problem avoiding those towns, but they're cool places and it would be a shame if people start avoiding them because they don't expect to find anything.

Same level its been for the last month + - Food is prioritized over all other items, and never dips out of the top 10 items active on the ground.

Edited by owly