kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

The thing I want the most fixed before hitting stable, is the memory leak when closing the game. It can stress the ram pretty hard really. Very annoying. (If you have other softwares running in the background, like music players and what not, it can cause serious crashes...)

I'm really glad the ghost sounds are gone though!!  :thumbsup:  Playing on high pop servers was a no no with all those annoying sounds, at least for me.

• Like 4

The thing I want the most fixed before hitting stable, is the memory leak when closing the game. It can stress the ram pretty hard really. Very annoying. (If you have other softwares running in the background, like music players and what not, it can cause serious crashes...)

I'm really glad the ghost sounds are gone though!!  :thumbsup:  Playing on high pop servers was a no no with all those annoying sounds, at least for me.

I'm not noticing rampant RAM usage though and I run RivaTuner OSD all the time so I would notice it. Are you?

EDIT: I'm wrong. I actually couldn't identify about 3 GB of RAM being used the other day in Task Manager. Brain fart. 7GB of RAM were being used according to RivaTuner but Task Manager only accounted for about 4GB.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 2

Is that what that is? I only have 4 gigs and when I've been getting all day play sessions I have to reboot 2-3 time a day to get the freezing to go away. I did notice my memory usage climbs if I window out at the main menu as well.

• Like 1

whiskeytango got it right. This is the feedback ticket acknowledging the issue: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=26694. The way it's stated, this doesn't seem to be intentional behavior (which I figured it very well could be).

Still totally possible to cook regardless, it just requires a more active participation in the process to make sure food doesn't burn.

EDIT: I understand the confusion with the way I worded it. I'll try something else that should hopefully be more clear :)

Yep we we're both wondering if it would be intentional but according to the ticket it is not.

The bug is still there from my own experience in this build.

It has been scheduled for a fix so it will be either in the upcoming update or else in 0.59. Unless they are planning to postpone 0.58 to stable even longer.

Frying pans is a whole different level. They are completely bugged with cooking except for the portable gas stove.

I just made a search for the word "frying" at the feedback tracker and to my surprise no issues have been made concerning cooking with a frying pan.

The only issues I find are issues with animations and other stuff.

I will make a bug report of this soon, my third issue concerning cooking in less than 3 days.

Guess I really should change my name to "The Chef Cook". :lol:

Edit:

EDIT 2: How about "Interacting with a Cooking Pot or Frying Pan does not give an option to "View Contents"?

The frying pan has the "View contents" option so it only concerns cooking pots.

Unless the option is bugged itself.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

Is that what that is? I only have 4 gigs and when I've been getting all day play sessions I have to reboot 2-3 time a day to get the freezing to go away. I did notice my memory usage climbs if I window out at the main menu as well.

Good god man, get yourself some more RAM! :p

I consider 8GB to be a reasonable amount these days for gaming. Naturally, I went overkill.

• Like 1

Good god man, get yourself some more RAM! :P

I consider 8GB to be a reasonable amount these days for gaming. Naturally, I went overkill.

I need a new computer it's a 2006 or 2007 bare bones that's been upgraded as far as possible with garage sale parts computers and dusty stuff computer stores had still kicking around. It's a socket am2 and 4gigs is maxed out and none of the parts besides the vid card are still usable across the generation gap. I went from me and one kid to four kids kids and a wife in the house in the last three years so my financial requisitions get buried under the dust and clutter from a happy full household lately. Last time I asked it was still on the list though, lol.  

• Like 4

I need a new computer it's a 2006 or 2007 bare bones that's been upgraded as far as possible with garage sale parts computers and dusty stuff computer stores had still kicking around. It's a socket am2 and 4gigs is maxed out and none of the parts besides the vid card are still usable across the generation gap. I went from me and one kid to four kids kids and a wife in the house in the last three years so my financial requisitions get buried under the dust and clutter from a happy full household lately. Last time I asked it was still on the list though, lol.  

I'll keep an eye out for parts I can donate to your cause ;)

• Like 3

I'll keep an eye out for parts I can donate to your cause ;)

With the age gaps of the kids and changing rules meaning they're not getting used as much I'm seriously considering selling some of my atvs and dirtbikes. I invested a lot of time and a bit money in a bunch of good classic Hondas, I'm just dragging my feet about cashing them in. I should actually put up an add trying to trade one for a computer on local "used" websites.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

With the age gaps of the kids and changing rules meaning they're not getting used as much I'm seriously considering selling some of my atvs and dirtbikes. I invested a lot of time and a bit money in a bunch of good classic Hondas, I'm just dragging my feet about cashing them in. I should actually put up an add trying to trade one for a computer on local "used" websites.

You can probably build a 2nd tier PC (A step or two down from top of the line) for about 800 bucks, assuming you don't need brand new monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc.

You can probably build a 2nd tier PC (A step or two down from top of the line) for about 800 bucks, assuming you don't need brand new monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc.

My last computer purchases were my 3X32" led displays, a decent mouse an keyboard, and a gxt650ti I just need any newish tower to get me up a few generations. Didn't even think of trading an old unused toy for another until today so I'm looking into that currently.

I am very confused with the central loot economy, so is region control in yet? because I have looked around for an answer I know the last thing hicks said about CLE is that there is a max item per building in the CLE now. So could someone please tell me if region control is in yet?

My last computer purchases were my 3X32" led displays, a decent mouse an keyboard, and a gxt650ti I just need any newish tower to get me up a few generations. Didn't even think of trading an old unused toy for another until today so I'm looking into that currently.

I take no responsibility for your imminent financial decisions  :lol:

• Like 1

If you eat or drink too much and get sick - it takes forever to get healthy - u will play in white screen for hours 

before u start regain health/blood. 

When you are ready to start thinking about potential trades or purchases, don't hesitate to shoot me a message on here or Steam if you need it. I don't mind. In fact, I really enjoy that kind of stuff.

I am very confused with the central loot economy, so is region control in yet? because I have looked around for an answer I know the last thing hicks said about CLE is that there is a max item per building in the CLE now. So could someone please tell me if region control is in yet?

No one has specifically said so, but in my travels over the weekend I could swear that in the build before this one I was seeing some sort of early iteration of it being tested. 

mMLpFMg.jpg

Alright so, forgive my sloppily thrown together MS Paint job here. I just want to point something out that I haven't seen anyone really talk about.

I spent two days in what is basically the blue area, checking deer stands and feeding stations on a fairly circuitous route, looking for a Hunting Scope. I simply could not find one. I found plenty of everything else that could spawn in one of these locations though. Hunter pants, heatpacks, quivers, hunter jackets, compasses, snaploader for double barrel, splitting axe, and so on. On the 3rd day I went down to the red area and found 3 Hunting Scopes, almost back to back. 

Similar situation: in Sinistok on the same build, I could only find yellow quilted jackets. No other color. In Vavilovo, there were only black ones. I saw a fair amount of this kind of thing going on with the loot as I moved about. Magnums were everywhere, but once I got past Severograd headed west, I stopped seeing P1 pistols and started seeing M1911's alongside Magnums instead. In Nagorno I kept finding pink raincoats and no other color in that town. I can give a fair number of examples similar to these. 

So what does this mean? Other than the fact that I have too much free time, maybe something, probably nothing. The next build (the now current one) isn't like that anymore. It could have just been a symptom of some other thing they had going in the loot distribution. Hicks and Co. have not confirmed anything about regional control to my knowledge, so take this all with a grain of salt. I just thought it was somewhat interesting.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 2

If you eat or drink too much and get sick - it takes forever to get healthy - u will play in white screen for hours 

before u start regain health/blood. 

Not new but recent patches nerfed blood regen to encourage blood bagging which sucks if yo play solo allot and I think stomach size aswell. 

When you are ready to start thinking about potential trades or purchases, don't hesitate to shoot me a message on here or Steam if you need it. I don't mind. In fact, I really enjoy that kind of stuff.

Thanks, any of my tradesies would be prohibitively expensive to ship though. The two on the right have less than 1000 miles so to the right person they're worth something.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11800050_10203346963354677_6799599181624724018_n.jpg?oh=6baece15a001be6734219a7b2d7421a2&oe=564F6A8D

Spawned in fresh yesterday with no status bars, ended up drinking to much so after I relogged to fix the issue, I vomited. I actually didn't have any blood loss and was still healthy.

And those half circle buildings are called Quonset hut's. I just pronounce them Kwanzaa huts.

• Like 1

Thanks, any of my tradesies would be prohibitively expensive to ship though. The two on the right have less than 1000 miles so to the right person they're worth something.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11800050_10203346963354677_6799599181624724018_n.jpg?oh=6baece15a001be6734219a7b2d7421a2&oe=564F6A8D

I'm sorry. I just realized that I'm a moron that needs to learn how to English. Yes, just now. 

What I meant to say is that if you feel slightly less than 100% comfortable about the PC you might be trading for and would like another opinion, don't hesitate to shoot me a message.

• Like 1

Spawned in fresh yesterday with no status bars, ended up drinking to much so after I relogged to fix the issue, I vomited. I actually didn't have any blood loss and was still healthy.

And those half circle buildings are called Quonset hut's. I just pronounce them Kwanzaa huts.

Yes they are quonset hut's but if you say that people will go like "Wait, wtf?". They are generally known here as an officer hut.

Forgot about that, not sure if it's relevant to the change log but I've had statuses not updating. Swam to Skalatisy without getting wet or cold and my energy/hydration didn't budge for at least the next half hour until I got killed. That and the Items stuck on the ground are new since the packed servers.    

http://plays.tv/video/55c3e3144e5f6e73eb

Yes they are quonset hut's but if you say that people will go like "Wait, wtf?". They are generally known here as an officer hut.

See I was the opposite lol .. "i'm in the officer hut" .. in the what? Lol.

More like: "Qwan-sit hut".

We had one of those at work along with a huge employee turnover and it never got old seeing how many different ways people would try and spell Quonset on their timecards.

I decided to try out exp tonight ,but i keep dying to "You are hypothermic". Its a rainy server so i guess its cold.

The first time i died i couldn`t find matches and the bark thing didn`t work.

The second time i got a fire going ,but not until after the "You are hypothermic" message had shown itself.

Is there no way to reverse it? I was right next to a lit fireplace when i died that second time.

Not running back to my "camp" another time. Took me close to an hour the first time...